Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the trading art ...to buy good players low?

By low i mean off the back of poor seasons, when there value is low ......but not low in talent
True - the art is in doing it successfully though, and we won't know that for a while yet.

Genius if it comes off - a waste of it doesn't, but that's the nature of buy low philosophy.

True - the art is in doing it successfully though, and we won't know that for a while yet.

Genius if it comes off - a waste of it doesn't, but that's the nature of buy low philosophy.
At least we traded for needs to rebalance our list.

Even if 1 of seedsman & Hampton come off, our outside run should be better.

When you lose one of the best players in the AFL its hard to see any changes as a win.

I am extremely happy we have finally embraced the trade period.

I do like what we have done to negate the s**t sandwich Patrick gave us. We have addressed gaps in our list with young talented players that have not yet reached their potential.

JR jnr is building the team that he and I assume Roo wants to see. 2016 will hopefully see us shake the Crowbots tag.

Are we a better side with these pickups then we were with danger? Probably not. But we've come out of this better then we could've hoped once danger decided to go to Geelong.

Last edited:
Pete, now is not the time for measured pragmatism, its the time for boundless optimism. Your time in the wilderness has made you bitter
this is a really bullshit post.

why do people bother coming on here just to be negative about everything.

being optimistic isn't a mental disorder that denies you the ability to see things that went wrong or could have been done better.

i really don't understand why some posters on here even follow the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H
True both guys win clearances. But both guys are dubious in what happens next. How often do these guys win a clearance then turn it over or not put the ball to our advantage.

Also a lot of Thommo's clearances come directly from Sauce's tapwork.

We will miss Danger's bulldozing clearance winning, but I won't miss his disposal or lack of real footy IQ in setting up the next play.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Harsh, agree 2012-14 but last year we saw much better ball use, he seemed to slow down a bit and raise his eyes, we will miss him, I put Douglas above Thommo, his ball use it particularly last year went to new level, tipping a big year for Dougs

Are we a better side with these pickups then we were with danger? Probably not. But we've come out of this better then we could've hoped once danger decided to go to Geelong.
What we have to remember is that some of the off season pickup would still have occurred whether Dangerfield stayed or went

How come you guys delisted wright?

Go the mighty Panthers hey Cap.

no, that's not it. so dont be such a dick about it.

being positive or excited about the future isn't isnt accepting mediocrity in the past either.

s**t has happened, we all get that, some players wont make it, we all get that, you didnt like the drafting strategy and think you could have done it better, we all get that.

i just dont know why all the captain obvious on this board feel the need to constantly regurgitate it as if they are some higher being of truth.

being positive or excited about the future isn't isnt accepting mediocrity in the past either.

s**t has happened, we all get that, some players wont make it, we all get that, you didnt like the drafting strategy and think you could have done it better, we all get that.

i just dont know why all the captain obvious on this board feel the need to constantly regurgitate it as if they are some higher being of truth.
I above all was very vocal after the first couple of days of trading :oops: ......but any reasonable person on reflection of what the recruiting team did in totality, would have to say job well done :thumbsu:

Yes many would have liked (me as well) to get a big name replacement .......but really who was available ? ....forget all the Parker scuttlebuck !!

IMO we've traded to cover our speed weakness, both defensively and midfield ......trades will allow Smith to move into the midfield and Hampton has to be a midfield chance as well

Have to remember GWS had a huge list and were rotating players to see who would make their lists as they reduced numbers ......that's a difficult environment to develop as a player ...and as we've seen many players have left GWS as top 10 recruits that just haven't developed under the rotation policy ......so Hampton i am very confident in

We've brought in Menzel and Milera with huge "X" factors .....that's a huge plus

In summary IMO we've had a BIG insurge of "talented" players, which has greatly improved our list ....even allowing for Dangerfield

No doubt.. our playing style will have to change... out with the win the contested ball and kick to another contest style... in with the traditional crows running game. Suddenly with danger out, contested footy doesnt really suit us.

Get off your high horse, optimism or pessimism is not a qualitative standard

What matters is quality of analysis not some bullshit posturing about whether someone is positive or negative.

If you disagree with someone argue the facts, argue the case.

Get off your high horse, optimism or pessimism is not a qualitative standard

What matters is quality of analysis not some bullshit posturing about whether someone is positive or negative.

If you disagree with someone argue the facts, argue the case.
but that is all we have, bullshit posturing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back