Real Madrid FC - Where has it all gone wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would take the Madrid job? It's career suicide.

You have to win La Liga and the CL to keep your job.

You also have to beat the best team in the world in Barcelona.

It's the impossible job.

I mean you can all sit here and say Rafa is s**t etc but does anyone think keeping Ancelotti would mean Real beat Barca? Cos I certainly dont. Even Mourinho, Pep etc.. the best managers in the world couldnt do it. Barca are too good. You're going to finish 2nd. You're going to get sacked.

It's just silly.

Ancelotti would at least have the backing of the players, something Rafa clearly doesn't have.

There's a massive cultural issue at Real that needs addressing before a new manager is brought in.

Club needs a rebuild. Ronaldo isn't the player he used to be and offers little to the team when he isn't putting goals away. His physical prowess will likely decline rapidly in his thirties and Real should convince either PSG or Utd to pay 20-30 million pounds for him.

Benzema has too much going on off field. I'd sell him too.

Build the team around the likes of James / Bale and some young hungry talent.

Right now they've become the harlem globetrotters of world football and that's something you can't adress by replacing the manager alone.

There's a massive cultural issue at Real that needs addressing before a new manager is brought in.

Club needs a rebuild. Ronaldo isn't the player he used to be and offers little to the team when he isn't putting goals away. His physical prowess will likely decline rapidly in his thirties and Real should convince either PSG or Utd to pay 20-30 million pounds for him.

Benzema has too much going on off field. I'd sell him too.

Build the team around the likes of James / Bale and some young hungry talent.

Right now they've become the harlem globetrotters of world football and that's something you can't adress by replacing the manager alone.

Ronaldo will still leave for 50m or more. He isn't the player he used to be... not long coming off from scoring over 50 goals last season in all competitions, suddenly with a clueless manager playing him not in his preferred position he suddenly isn't the player he used to be...o_O

Got to be a new record for writing off a player not even half way through a season coming off of 5 straight years with 50+ goals.. Although he still has 13 goals in 16 games this season...:$

Ronaldo will still leave for 50m or more. He isn't the player he used to be... not long coming off from scoring over 50 goals last season in all competitions, suddenly with a clueless manager playing him not in his preferred position he suddenly isn't the player he used to be...o_O

Got to be a new record for writing off a player not even half way through a season coming off of 5 straight years with 50+ goals.. Although he still has 13 goals in 16 games this season...:$
Benitez tried to retire Terry 5 years ago. Nekminnit, team of the season and 2nd best CB in the league.

Ronaldo seems to be developing a bald spot.

Watched part of their game V Eibar.....he has declined radically. Still a goal threat especially in the air but brings almost nothing else to the party. Almost devoid of trick, skill and creativity. A shadow of the player he was 5 or 6 years ago. He wouldn't get near the Barcelona team at present.

Watched part of their game V Eibar.....he has declined radically. Still a goal threat especially in the air but brings almost nothing else to the party. Almost devoid of trick, skill and creativity. A shadow of the player he was 5 or 6 years ago. He wouldn't get near the Barcelona team at present.

A shadow of the player he was five or six years ago?

He scored 61 goals in only 54 games last season which was his career best season.

FSW has made the whole RM side ex Navas look s**t. They all hate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Ronaldo is s**t.

We'll be kind and straight swap 23 yr old Joel Campbell, who is coming right into his peak, for this shitty washed up 30 yr old Ronaldo.

United will happily take him back, we may even throw in 15m.

A shadow of the player he was five or six years ago?

He scored 61 goals in only 54 games last season which was his career best season.

The goals remain. The de facto conversion to centre forward helping and of course he remains a top player in the final third but the rest of his game is disappearing.

The zip has gone form his speed, his attempts to use a trick to beat his man are laboured and usually ineffective, he has for all intents and purposes stopped dribbling. The goals conceal the overall decline.

He is still a talent, still a great goal threat and still a huge commercial asset but the days when he was a lock for a "top 2" position are over. Rafa or no Rafa RM will be well advised to look to cash in on what is becoming an asset with a sell by date.

Forum predictions are just virtual hot air but I'll make one....Ronaldo will never again come seriously close to the Ballon D'Or.

The goals remain. The de facto conversion to centre forward helping and of course he remains a top player in the final third but the rest of his game is disappearing.

The zip has gone form his speed, his attempts to use a trick to beat his man are laboured and usually ineffective, he has for all intents and purposes stopped dribbling. The goals conceal the overall decline.

He is still a talent, still a great goal threat and still a huge commercial asset but the days when he was a lock for a "top 2" position are over. Rafa or no Rafa RM will be well advised to look to cash in on what is becoming an asset with a sell by date.

Forum predictions are just virtual hot air but I'll make one....Ronaldo will never again come seriously close to the Ballon D'Or.

He'll finish first or second in the upcoming one.

He'll finish first or second in the upcoming one.

He may finish second though he should not....both Neymar and Suarez comfortably ahead on the years form - but he certainly has no chance of winning it. Messi will win it.

As I said all predictions are simply passing opinions and mine no more than anyones but I will be very surprised if Ronaldo is ever again a serious ballon D'Or contender.

Last year he rated 8.48 in his whoscored liga rating. This year so far he has fallen to 7.56....unknown territory for him. Now in his thirties that trend will not significantly alter. I doubt he will again post an 8.3/4 plus season and that is the level of consistent ability neeeded to even trouble the judges provided the other candidates are fit.

He may finish second though he should not....both Neymar and Suarez comfortably ahead on the years form - but he certainly has no chance of winning it. Messi will win it.

As I said all predictions are simply passing opinions and mine no more than anyones but I will be very surprised if Ronaldo is ever again a serious ballon D'Or contender.

Last year he rated 8.48 in his whoscored liga rating. This year so far he has fallen to 7.56....unknown territory for him. Now in his thirties that trend will not significantly alter. I doubt he will again post an 8.3/4 plus season and that is the level of consistent ability neeeded to even trouble the judges provided the other candidates are fit.

Neymar and Suarez are not in front of him at all in the years form, maybe for the season so far up to this point however both Neymar and Ronaldo are on 16 goals and Suarez is on 18. Not a huge amount of difference at all.

You're talking about a season not even half way through. Maybe Suarez and Neymar will pass him for the next season but they won't for this year.

Neymar and Suarez are not in front of him at all in the years form, maybe for the season so far up to this point however both Neymar and Ronaldo are on 16 goals and Suarez is on 18. Not a huge amount of difference at all.

You're talking about a season not even half way through. Maybe Suarez and Neymar will pass him for the next season but they won't for this year.

Perhaps not but this years ballon d'Or is a foregone conclusion anyway.

Looking to next year and beyond it is difficult to see CR7 sufficiently bouncing back to challenge. The goals will continue but the all round form and game is noticeably slipping away.

How many players in their 30s have won it? I don't know but it is few. Very few.......its an interesting question in fact.

Perhaps not but this years ballon d'Or is a foregone conclusion anyway.

Looking to next year and beyond it is difficult to see CR7 sufficiently bouncing back to challenge. The goals will continue but the all round form and game is noticeably slipping away.

How many players in their 30s have won it? I don't know but it is few. Very few.......its an interesting question in fact.

I think people are jumping off Ronaldo all too quickly, still scoring whilst playing for a manager who is in a position he shouldn't have.

I think people are jumping off Ronaldo all too quickly, still scoring whilst playing for a manager who is in a position he shouldn't have.

Nobody is saying he isn't a great player. He still is. Probably the best athlete ever in the history of football.

His best days are behind him though and he is declining. Real would be best served off loading him IMO and sign a youngster who's hungry to achieve.

If they don't sell him now he won't be worth much in 2 years time. Not that it really matters to Real.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back