Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I noticed that T-Swift didn't have a thread here already, so thought I'd start one. I'm actually quite a big fan of hers. I saw her in Melbourne on Friday night and loved every minute of it. She knows how to put on a show. Have been to a couple of her previous tours, and they were also great. Will definitely be going again when she comes back.

Went on Thursday only having heard about 4 songs of hers and thought the same. Was blown away by how talented she is. The only live act I've seen that I'd put on the same level as Springsteen. I then spent the weekend actually listening to 1989 in full (amazing album) and then going back and listening to her old albums. She's an amazing artist. Exceptionally talented. Some of my favourites:

Haunted is ******* incredible. You'd listen to 1989 and never guess it was the same artist. Like, ever.

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Went on Thursday only having heard about 4 songs of hers and thought the same. Was blown away by how talented she is. The only live act I've seen that I'd put on the same level as Springsteen. I then spent the weekend actually listening to 1989 in full (amazing album) and then going back and listening to her old albums. She's an amazing artist. Exceptionally talented. Some of my favourites:

Haunted is ******* incredible. You'd listen to 1989 and never guess it was the same artist.

Yep, Haunted is a really underrated song. It's amazing how much she has changed and developed her music, whilst still remaining true to herself. Have you listened to her self-titled debut yet? That one sounds absolutely nothing like her stuff from 1989, but I still really like it. Our Song is one of my all time favourite songs of hers.

Yep, Haunted is a really underrated song. It's amazing how much she has changed and developed her music, whilst still remaining true to herself. Have you listened to her self-titled debut yet? That one sounds absolutely nothing like her stuff from 1989, but I still really like it. Our Song is one of my all time favourite songs of hers.
Getting there. I got Red, Speak Now and Fearless and just chucked it on shuffle.

The amount of different styles she's tried, and produced some amazing songs in, is remarkable. Especially since she writes all the songs herself. She's ridiculously talented.

Also a PSA that there's a concert film of the 1989 Tour, the entire Sydney show + extras, released on Apple Music December 20. You'd presume DVD/BD will follow.

12339511_10153387767785369_4962735707279404479_o.png

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Getting there. I got Red, Speak Now and Fearless and just chucked it on shuffle.

The amount of different styles she's tried, and produced some amazing songs in, is remarkable. Especially since she writes all the songs herself. She's ridiculously talented.

Very true. Especially the album Speak Now. She wrote that one entirely on her own, no co-writers whatsoever, and there's so many different styles. Songs like Mean, Better Than Revenge, and Haunted all sound completely different, yet they all sound like Taylor Swift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
  • Taylor Swift (October 2006)
  • Fearless (November 2008)
  • Speak Now (October 2010)
  • Red (October 2012)
  • 1989 (October 2014)
Will the pattern continue?

Maybe not, she's been quoted as saying that she's considering taking a break for a little while, so that the public doesn't get too sick of her. I actually don't think it will be a bad thing if she does take a bit longer between albums this time. 1989 was so huge that it could be a good thing for her to take a bit of extra time off to fully recharge and come back better than ever.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Fair enough, I think the fact that you only recently saw her may be affecting your opinion on that though.

Come back in 6 months and see if you still rate her as highly as The Boss

Fair enough, I think the fact that you only recently saw her may be affecting your opinion on that though.

Come back in 6 months and see if you still rate her as highly as The Boss
Maybe. But going back through her discography over the weekend only convinced me further if anything.

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Someone has seen Bruce Springsteen 13 times yet is young enough to enjoy TS. Interesting.

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Whatever. I have many scars on my tongue about this kind of commercial stuff. But if it makes people happy, go for it.

Whatever. I have many scars on my tongue about this kind of commercial stuff. But if it makes people happy, go for it.
Sounds like some kind of unfortunate smelting accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back