Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Toxic - reckon you are welcome here as you actually add value to the conversation. At least you acknowledge you would rather keep him and not just bag him which is our frustration.

As a Saints supporter I acknowledge we are not as big a club as the Pies. but I am extremely proud of how the club has worked on and off the field over the last couple of years.

The Pies get a good run in the press (especially the Herald Sun) . There is no critical analysis of lists etc if there was I believe the Saints would be acknowledged for the list that is being built (similar to what has been happening at the Pies, I acknowledge that the Pies have played a long game with their list BUT they have also recently pinched some handy players from GWS and Brisbane. The Saints have recruited one this year from your team and another from another club who was out of contract. The hypocrisy of some Pies supporters is that they have recruited some players from other clubs (fair enough) but then have personal digs at a player who leaves them.

Bottom line only way the Saints can shut up critics is to continue on the path they are and the results should start next year in a small way and more the year after. I believe the Pies are further ahead in their list build, therefore the should be more analysis on where they are at and critical anaylsis if the wins do not start coming along - this is what frustrates me the fact that Saints get no acknowledgement of the build. The only gap I can see in the Saints list is class in the mid field, the Pies have gone and recruited from other clubs - the Saints picked up one from another club and went to the draft.

As the Pies are further ahead in their re build wins should be expected the media to expect more wins .....the Herald Sun will continue to be Eddie's play thing

If the reporting was around where lists where I would have expected criticism when we were picking up players such as Charlie Gardener, and others when we were trying to nab the flag but now when we are building the right way to a really strong team I realize it is a bit much.

I believe our trading / drafting since 2012 has been very impressive and should pay off in the years ahead

Maybe it is a time to start comparing lists and where they are at now drafts, trades have finished for the year

I

Fwiw i don't rate our recruiting of kids as elite by any means.
I rate our recruiting of players for a specific need as elite.
Swan finished at end of 2016, Treloar replaces him
If Steele leaves Aish is his ready made replacement.
These recruits have come at a heavy price tho.

We are still a key fwd short and lack x factor around goals.
However if we stay relatively injury free i expect us to be top 6.
However our key position depth is suspect at best.

Well put, yes KP's is a concern but you highlight the point with being able to recruit Treloar (some of your other supporters do not see the irony in this when criticizing Freeman - you recruited Trealoar and Aish).

Yes your ability to recruit for need is elite; think you have some good kids therefore it must have been annoying when a player such as Freeman leaves.

If you do not end up top 6 there should be criticism the Saints will get that anyway as I said the only way to change that is wins within the next 2 years. The Saints will be in the position to recruit for as opposed to draft for need at the end of 2016 so I expect the development of the kids along with the top of Carlisle plus others next year to put us in a very strong position for 2017

Still expect Freeman to have time to develop (along with McKenzie, Acres, Greesham, Dunstan, Templeton etc) as the Saints are developing therefore this should assist both.

Posters like you should be welcome on this board as you add value

And the fact that you are elite at recruiting for needs is why you shouldn't worry. I reckon you'll find another KPP or 2 from somewhere. Not sure who or where from, but the reality is that your club would be an appealing destination. Big crowds, Anzac Day game, great facilities etc. someone will want to come.

Just jeep your filthy mits of our KPPs thanks, we don't want to share!!

And the fact that you are elite at recruiting for needs is why you shouldn't worry. I reckon you'll find another KPP or 2 from somewhere. Not sure who or where from, but the reality is that your club would be an appealing destination. Big crowds, Anzac Day game, great facilities etc. someone will want to come.

Just jeep your filthy mits of our KPPs thanks, we don't want to share!!

? wonder if the Carlisle stuff would have come out if he was going to the Pies

One last thing Buckley showed class by personally ringing Freeman and Clarifying his comments.

Did not ha e to do this and shows why Collingwood players respect t their coach.

Kudos to Buckley
See, that's the other thing about the Pies fans reaction: Freeman went out of his way to speak very, very highly of Bucks. He didn't have to do that. Honestly, a classier attitude to your old club (especially when that club crippled you and your career for two years), you'd struggle to find anywhere.

Definitely get the impression there is more going on here than meets the eye. Freeman seems unhappy with treatment at the Pies, whether that's the injury management, lack of games or both. But good on him for not airing that dirty laundry in public and just moving on. Really hope he can get on the park asap because for me that speaks of leadership qualities.

I really hope he plays well next year, I hate seeing young players have their careers ruined by injury. There is still plenty of time to sort things out and I wish him well.

Who knows, maybe we did mismanage his treatment. I know a lot of Collingwood fans were frustrated with the lack of real information coming from the club from the very first time he hurt himself in the 2014 NAB cup. He was listed as needing 4 weeks on the sidelines at the time, but at the members forum at the end of that year many questions were put to the club about Freeman's injury (and injury management in general). After being asked how a simple hamstring injury ended up costing the kid his entire first year our high performance manager Bill Davoren said that it wasn't a simple injury and that Freeman had suffered the worst hamstring injury he had ever seen. I remember thinking at the time "Are you just protecting yourself by rewriting history, or were we lied to at the time when you said it would only take 4 weeks?" Neither conclusion was very satisfactory and the poor kid then missed another year on top of that. He did start 2015 off well by performing extremely well in the time trials. We all had such high hopes for him at the time.

In the club's defence, I suspect that even Freeman will admit that he did not exactly throw himself into his rehab duties and that being the case, probably should have been more circumspect with some of the photos he posed for/posted. Even fans were commenting on his pictures that he was supposed to be in rehab.

Either way, that is all behind him now and he gets a fresh start with the club that I understand he's supported his whole life and I certainly can't begrudge anyone that opportunity. Peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up Freeman was like buying an unsound stallion at a yearling sale hoping you can fix their problems? Sometimes it comes off most times it doesnt and the jury is still very much out on Freeman. I think the Saints recruiting team have taken the 'no guts no glory' approach this year and have less than even chance of getting it right.

Geez Filth supporters are a class bunch... :rolleyes:
Made my night.
KARMA!
Loving it.
If only it had ripped off the bone.

And for the politically correct who will rise to the Occassion;
The little snot spat in Collingwoods face. I've no sympathy for the likes of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back