#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

HUNT%20Jayden.png

Couldn't find another thread about him so thought I'd start this one.

The club must rate him if they retained him on the senior list despite 2 injury struck years without a game. Not only this but they demoted Michie to the rookie list over him, meaning they either feared someone else could've picked him up, or they rated him as more important than Michie.

Given his light frame when he was first drafted from school football he was always going to be a project player, however I think he is now over or nearly over 80kg, and surprisingly tall at 187cm. He's also meant to be the fastest player on our list. I haven't watched enough of him personally though to assess his skills.

Even though he's more of a project player, I'd think he'd have to play at least 4-5 games this year to hold his spot on the list for 2017.

I've heard he's kicked a few goals in various VFL games. We also have an abundance of half-back options in Melksham, Salem, Grimes, White, Lumumba, Trengove even, so maybe half-forward is his go?

What are people's thoughts on him? What role would he play in our senior team should he break into the side?

We start player threads about guys who haven't played yet (sorry hunt) and are the whipping boys like Lumumba and Watts yet we only have one dedicated thread for complimenting (the hulk), need more of it. Need a Jones and Vince thread

We start player threads about guys who haven't played yet (sorry hunt) and are the whipping boys like Lumumba and Watts yet we only have one dedicated thread for complimenting (the hulk), need more of it. Need a Jones and Vince thread
Just click/tap on a thread prefix e.g. "Player Watch" and it will list every thread with that prefix. Especially handy for looking up player threads as there are so many.

Was impressed when I saw him last preseason. Had made himself an AFL body.

Could be a place for him on the list, with our need for speed..

Will need to show something this year though.

Hasn’t been getting enough of the ball at Casey but knows where the goals are and is very quick.
Lack of continuity has hurt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we kept him with those match reports, club must genuinely see something in him.
I don't think it's that surprising. He's fit and he works hard on the training track from all reports. You'd rather have a character/known quantity like that on the list than a pick in the 70s that's only two years younger.

I'm surprised he wasn't moved to the Rookie list, i would he thought he'd be there ahead of viv. Nether the less wether he makes it or not i'd like to see him get at least get one game next year.

Worth another year for pace and goals alone. Not many others offering it.
When you say it like that it sounds like we're talking about Sam Blease

Remove this Banner Ad

Back