Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The Sydney Olympic Park Authority is currently reviewing its masterplan with a view to significantly increase commercial, retail and residential development in Sydney Olympic Park. This will include shops, cafes, bars, eateries and restaurants, which will reinvigorate the Sydney Olympic Park town centre and help create a lively Stadium precinct.

For the love of all that is holy please get this done asap.

The place is dead before and after a game, any game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
18,287 at Spotless tonight for the Sydney BBL derby.

So we got more for our derby than they got for theirs. Hmmmmm.

Well I say ours and theirs while wearing a lime green cap and sitting on Strathfield station at 11.30pm on my way home. We were part of the the numbers at both.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So we got more for our derby than they got for theirs. Hmmmmm.

Well I say ours and theirs while wearing a lime green cap and sitting on Strathfield station at 11.30pm on my way home. We were part of the the numbers at both.
snCcito.jpg

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
I felt the same whilst there at the Easter Show. It's an odd feeling for sure
What is really odd about it is the look of the place without the extra seating etc during the show. The venue has quickly become synonymous with the home of the Giants to me. It feels like someone has come into my home whilst I have been away and rearranged all my furniture:mad:

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks like another strong crowd at Spotless tonight for the Thunder-Renegades clash. It's very unlikely the Thunder will host a finals match this season so this will probably be the last sporting event at Spotless until late April when GWS take on Hawthorn. It'll be interesting to see if the Thunder's successful move to Spotless translates into an increase in crowds for GWS.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What makes tonight's crowd even more impressive is the fact that there are two big tennis events currently taking place at the exact same time in Sydney Olympic Park. Just over the road at All Phones Arena is a full house for a tennis event involving Kyrgios and Nadal while just down the road at the tennis centre is the Apia International. All in the same precinct. Pretty incredible when you think about it.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
What makes tonight's crowd even more impressive is the fact that there are two big tennis events currently taking place at the exact same time in Sydney Olympic Park. Just over the road at All Phones Arena is a full house for a tennis event involving Kyrgios and Nadal while just down the road at the tennis centre is the Apia International. All in the same precinct. Pretty incredible when you think about it.

...and last Thunder home game was on with the Liverpool Legends game. It's a great precinct; but needs some more food and drink venues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back