Tony Armstrong on post-footy life

Remove this Banner Ad

Well written article by Tony.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...players-for-life/story-fni0ffsx-1227562480709

Sorry - link doesn't seem to work.
It worked but try this one to get around the paywall

http://www.news.com.au/news/opinion/afl-footballs-over-but-its-lessons-remain-with-former-players-for-life/story-fni0ffsx-1227562480709?sv=e8003c3e6da0a2566f7a3addfe9c92a3

Really nicely written article by Tony Armstrong, really insightful for players finishing up their careers (it sounds like that is what Tony will be doing). Wish him well in the future and good to hear that Eddie was helping him out a little.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

I miss you Tony:(

Hopefully I can see your accurate passing again one day:rainbow:

Channel 7 Reporting that Essendon have approached Tony Armstrong and 3 others as Top up players.

Sam Grimley, Aiden Riley and Daneil Markworth the other 3.

I am going to miss Tony not playing VFL for us this year and not a fan of the thought of him in Red and Black.

Channel 7 Reporting that Essendon have approached Tony Armstrong and 3 others as Top up players.

Sam Grimley, Aiden Riley and Daneil Markworth the other 3.

I am going to miss Tony not playing VFL for us this year and not a fan of the thought of him in Red and Black.
They could do a lot worse than Armstrong, but think harder bodies to protect the kids would be a better fit.

They could do a lot worse than Armstrong, but think harder bodies to protect the kids would be a better fit.

Yep - he is soft as butter and all you see is little Chip Kicks

A bit harsh TD, how about being happy for the guy that he may get to extend his AFL career a bit longer? He always gave it his all for the black and white

Well I am glad he might Extended his Career as he won't make the Peptide Bummers any Better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I met Tony a few times at trainings and had a chat with him once, He's great. His passion for life and helping futures of young Indigenous kids is awesome.

Didn't do that much wrong at senior level, Got way to much hate.

Hope he gets picked up and plays for Bombers. Good luck Tonay.

He had no Weapons to become a AFL Player. Great Bloke but Does not make him a AFL Footballer

He played AFL football. He was an AFL player. Could still be if he's picked up.

I met Tony last year and he is a cracking bloke. Reckon he would be better off staying away from Essendon though. If they do recruit him I hope he goes well.

I would be really pleased for Tony if he got picked up. He doesn't have many fans on this board as a footballer but everyone should be a fan of him as a person. I'm sure all at the club would be chuffed for him if he got another chance. As a club in crisis Tony is the type of character Essendon needs around their young kids in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back