Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
OKC, Coburg, Werribee, Storm, QPR
Continued from 2009-2015 thread:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/general-problems-thread.561855/

Mkay. I'm probably in the wrong spot but I need help. I have an iPod Classic, maybe a few years old, 160 GB. I'm trying to update my songs but my computer doesn't recognize my iPod. Screenshot when it's plugged in:
upload_2016-1-12_16-43-50.png
(Not all songs are mine, some are for family)
I want to restore it, since there's nothing special that I can't put back on (apart from my Vortex high score) but there's no panel to restore. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mkay. I'm probably in the wrong spot but I need help. I have an iPod Classic, maybe a few years old, 160 GB. I'm trying to update my songs but my computer doesn't recognize my iPod. Screenshot when it's plugged in:
View attachment 206346
(Not all songs are mine, some are for family)
I want to restore it, since there's nothing special that I can't put back on (apart from my Vortex high score) but there's no panel to restore. Help!

Couldn't you use those old iPods as mass storage back in the day? In that regard, does the computer recognise the iPod at all or is it just iTunes that doesnt detect it?

Does the iPod pop up on other computers? If not then it could be the cable and/or the device itself.

Couldn't you use those old iPods as mass storage back in the day? In that regard, does the computer recognise the iPod at all or is it just iTunes that doesnt detect it?

Does the iPod pop up on other computers? If not then it could be the cable and/or the device itself.
The cable was working and my computer doesn't detect it. I think it's corrupt, but I don't have a FireWire cable to fix it. Do I look around a t a swap meet for the cable, or get someone to fix it?

The cable was working and my computer doesn't detect it. I think it's corrupt, but I don't have a FireWire cable to fix it. Do I look around a t a swap meet for the cable, or get someone to fix it?

Nah getting someone to fix it is last resort. Can always try another cable or try another computer or try another USB port on the same computer. Try the ones on the back of your PC as I have found the success rate can vary.

Nah getting someone to fix it is last resort. Can always try another cable or try another computer or try another USB port on the same computer. Try the ones on the back of your PC as I have found the success rate can vary.
Ok, I'll try that. It keeps making the Ba Bum disconect noise when it's still plugged in.
Just tried thre back port and it works! Thanks so much man, been waiting for it to work. *internet hug*

I have a HP laptop

They're recommending some updates, unsure if required?

they are:
Meidatek 802.11 wifi adapter for windows 8.1
Mediatex bluetoothsoftware driver windows 8.1

Good updates or just make my laptop slower?

Thanks
KA

Also does anyone know why the program 'Archicad 18' might run so slow on my laptop

How do i check to see whats taking up all my speed, where do i run test again? thats for download speed not sure that relly applies either for archicad speed

Think we have NBN just moved into new house and with Telstra however dont think that would affect it.

Ta

I have a HP laptop

They're recommending some updates, unsure if required?

they are:
Meidatek 802.11 wifi adapter for windows 8.1
Mediatex bluetoothsoftware driver windows 8.1

Good updates or just make my laptop slower?

Thanks
KA
Also does anyone know why the program 'Archicad 18' might run so slow on my laptop

How do i check to see whats taking up all my speed, where do i run test again? thats for download speed not sure that relly applies either for archicad speed

Think we have NBN just moved into new house and with Telstra however dont think that would affect it.

Ta

Judging by these 2 posts, there are a few assumptions:
- The fact that your laptop has a wifi adapter (rather than inbuilt) means its at least a few years old.
- Need more info than 'HP Laptop'. Need to know RAM, CPU etc

Archicad would be locally installed software so the biggest impact on speed would be graphics card, ram, processor and to a lesser extend what type of hard drive you have. A simple test is when running archicad go into task manager and look at physical memory (ram) and cpu usage.

Judging by these 2 posts, there are a few assumptions:
- The fact that your laptop has a wifi adapter (rather than inbuilt) means its at least a few years old.
- Need more info than 'HP Laptop'. Need to know RAM, CPU etc

Archicad would be locally installed software so the biggest impact on speed would be graphics card, ram, processor and to a lesser extend what type of hard drive you have. A simple test is when running archicad go into task manager and look at physical memory (ram) and cpu usage.

As you can probably see from my post i know little to not very much about PCs/laptops

From memory it was 500 something and 4gb for the other thing not sure which is CPU or RAM. I dont even know what these do. Ones an external memory right? whats that used for again

Not sure what hard drive i have either? sorry how can i find out

My laptop cost 5-600 and is a year or 2 old nothing more.

Okay thanks for that, ill have a look next time im using archi18

The Archicad18 is from graphisoft proper student version.

As you can probably see from my post i know little to not very much about PCs/laptops

From memory it was 500 something and 4gb for the other thing not sure which is CPU or RAM. I dont even know what these do. Ones an external memory right? whats that used for again

Not sure what hard drive i have either? sorry how can i find out

My laptop cost 5-600 and is a year or 2 old nothing more.

Okay thanks for that, ill have a look next time im using archi18

The Archicad18 is from graphisoft proper student version.

The price point you bought it at says it all, you're trying to run CAD software on a low end laptop. You're going to have to get a beefier system to get an enjoyable experience out of it.

The price point you bought it at says it all, you're trying to run CAD software on a low end laptop. You're going to have to get a beefier system to get an enjoyable experience out of it.
Thanks for the reply is there anything i can connect to my laptop to help with running it, happy to spend some coin if its worth it?

Hey man, I'm having the same issue again :mad: and none of the ports are working :( so what do I do?

Trying to plug my 16gb USB into my laptop im on now and keeps coming up as

F:\

The directory name is invalid

This keeps flashing up as it stays plugged in. Whats the problem here?

I got somoene to put movies/dvds on it through torrents off the net and trying to free up the space and place them elsewhere such as my laptop

Anyone have any ideas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a general rant. ITUNES SUCKS!!!

So put my music on there, tried to copy what I wanted over, but due to the format, some wouldn't go on (classic "greyed out" problem). So converted all my files to a different format using iTunes inbuilt thingy. Now I have duplicates of everything. Just going to delete my whole iTunes library, sort out the songs in Windows Explorer, and put them in again. Fingers crossed it works this time!

Just a general rant. ITUNES SUCKS!!!

So put my music on there, tried to copy what I wanted over, but due to the format, some wouldn't go on (classic "greyed out" problem). So converted all my files to a different format using iTunes inbuilt thingy. Now I have duplicates of everything. Just going to delete my whole iTunes library, sort out the songs in Windows Explorer, and put them in again. Fingers crossed it works this time!

Lol Apple :p

One of those cheapo sub $40 printers would do the job
I already have the printer/scanner.

Have a Canon MX855 but a hp laptop plug it into my HP laptop and it doesnt seem to read it or pop up and then i try scan and nothing happens.

Im just wondering if i need a program on my laptop?

Or what i can do to get it to work.

Did you install software that came with the printer/scanner? That should have what you need. On the start menu it will probably be listed under 'Canon'.

Did you install software that came with the printer/scanner? That should have what you need. On the start menu it will probably be listed under 'Canon'.
Ill have a look.

The canon is quite older then my laptop.

However it sets up fine with macs can scan onto them but not my laptop

What would be the complications with buying a 2nd hand external hard drive off someone? or from Ebay/gumtree ect?

Are they all able to be completely wiped?

What would be the complications with buying a 2nd hand external hard drive off someone? or from Ebay/gumtree ect?

Are they all able to be completely wiped?

You should be able to pick up a new 2TB drive for the $100 mark. Not sure why you would go 2nd hand, especially if it's for important backups.

But yeah they can be wiped easily

Hi guys,

Please excuse my ignorance in advance, I am a novice when it comes to stuff like this. A couple of days ago I tried to use a torrent site for the first time ever (pirate bay) to download Kanye's new album because the prick won't put it on itunes and I'm not paying $12 a month for tidal. Anyway I had no idea what I was doing, clicked download on a link and it has stuffed my mac up. Instead of giving me the music, it downloaded something called 'NicePlayer' which I have since deleted. Now every link I click on on a website opens up a new tab with spam on it and I get links on random words as seen below. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 6.23.03 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back