2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello,
I have moved up from Melbourne and am looking for a team for the 2016 season. Can someone please advise how the QFA South would compare to Melbourne metro comps (EDFL A/B Grade in particular)? Is training pretty much twice a week during the season?
Cheers.
QFA Sth wouldn't be as good as edfl a or b, training is 2 nights a week.

Thanks for the feedback, getting on a bit now mate so might be right up my ally now!!
Coomera are a great club, good bunch of blokes who will make you feel welcome... Training has already started, Tuesday's and Thursday's at 6.30

They have been doing their 'due diligence' for how long? I'm thinking 3mths while plenty of other clubs have appointed their coach. 'Due diligence' in this case, from what I'm told, translates to laziness. Sitting on their hands preying someone with a solid coaching record rolls into town. Fingers crossed, living in hope won't get you a reasonable coach.
You sound like a very angry man. It's still only October, plenty of time before the first bounce for 2016.

Hahaha no anger here:). Actually found the 'due diligence' description amusing:D[/QUOTE
Mmm, yeah, hilarious. If you have a legitimate beef with the way the club is doing things, maybe you should take it up with them at this weeks AGM rather than slagging them on a public forum

Hey guys , Can someone please give me a run down on what leagues there are near gold coast and what standard order each one is -
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coomera have appointed Derek Berry as senior coach for 2016. Derek has spent the last few seasons as director of coaching at Springwood -- good get for Coomera!!
Totally incorrect. Derek last coached the Under 14s at Springwood back in about 2010/11 after a couple of seasons with the juniors there. He has pulled on the Pumas jumper as a past player. Since then he has coached at Mt Gravatt (Colts premiers), Park Ridge, Park Ridge High School, Brisbane South West rep and played at Logan and Griffith Moorooka (I think). Hasn't been involved at Pumas for some time unfortunately. Good bloke, good coach and a good get for Coomera.

Coomera have appointed Derek Berry as senior coach for 2016. Derek has spent the last few seasons as director of coaching at Springwood -- good get for Coomera!!

Never heard of him. Was he director of coaching for the under 12's? because i don't believe that was actually anyones title at Springwood. Coomera are a competitive young group so just might be the change they need to take another step forward.

Totally incorrect. Derek last coached the Under 14s at Springwood back in about 2010/11 after a couple of seasons with the juniors there. He has pulled on the Pumas jumper as a past player. Since then he has coached at Mt Gravatt (Colts premiers), Park Ridge, Park Ridge High School, Brisbane South West rep and played at Logan and Griffith Moorooka (I think). Hasn't been involved at Pumas for some time unfortunately. Good bloke, good coach and a good get for Coomera.

There is my answer. cheers

My mistake, that was the info from coomeras Facebook page

Has anyone got any info from around the traps ,
Big recruits
New coaches
Big movers
Big droppers
Any goss at all
This is the most boring forum of the lot lets spark it up
People

Corrie to coach Kenmore and not play. Lost Fozard and rumoured to have some disgruntled Magpies jumping ship from next door.

I would say that makes them a weaker team on paper with no Fozard or Corrie, depending on who comes over of course

Has anyone got any info from around the traps ,
Big recruits
New coaches
Big movers
Big droppers
Any goss at all
This is the most boring forum of the lot lets spark it up
People

I know Springwood have lost a few to Coomera and Park Ridge but have also picked up a few which may include Hooper.

Vemps former coach of Coomera to Coorparoo.

My understanding was if not Coomera then Mt Gravatt.
Unless something happened between end of season and now to change that

Any news on how Robina and Cooly are shaping up this season. New coaches, new recruits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back