Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
qaqhx2u.jpg

Picked this watch up for US$25 as a temp business casual watch. So far the automatic design has held up well and the aesthetics of it are brilliant for the price point.

Marmik

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
R.Federer, M.Verstappen, ChelseaFC
You guys should download the chrono24 app, you can browse over 200 thousand watches for sale around the world.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Looking at getting my first automatic swiss watch, I cannot decide between a diver and a dress watch but have narrowed each category down to the following

http://www.jomashop.com/baume-mercier-watch-m0a08731.html
$1500 delivered from US - Grey Market with no manufacturers warranty

http://www.chrono24.com.au/oris/aquis-date-73376764154mb--id3878654.htm
$1700 delivered from Australian supplier with official ORIS 2 year warranty

Leaning towards the Baume & Mercier as it is an excellent deal, not concerned with authenticity as I have researched enough to be comfortable Jomashop are only selling authentic watches.

Has anyone used them? Are Baume & Mercier likely to fault in the warranty period?

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I don't know enough about Baume & Mercier and grey market imports to comment but the watch definitely looks the better of the two. Also the link you've posted says that it comes with a two year warranty?

bushwood

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Pistons, 36'ers
th

Got a G Shock for Christmas, like the aesthetics of it just think its a bit to big for me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I purchased my second G Shock watch on Boxing Day a year and a bit after buying my first. The face on this one is much larger (watch was $30 more expensive, yet when on sale it was much cheaper than the first watch lol), the band actually looks cheap and tacky though, like it will wear out after a while.

gYf2N4o.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I just remembered I got a sundial in Spain about 20 years ago I better put that up for when I dont have a phone to check the time on

cammo84

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I bought this one last May in Singapore, a Seiko SKX009. Other than when I'm at work and wearing my Seiko 7T92, this one hardly leaves my wrist. I now have another 3 nice watches gathering dust because I just want to wear this one all the time.

Attachments

• DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 64

cammo84

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just remembered I got a sundial in Spain about 20 years ago I better put that up for when I dont have a phone to check the time on

Because it's so much more convenient to take your phone out of your pocket, press a button, look at the time, press the button again then put it back in your pocket. And I guess you just wear tracksuits 24/7, they're perfectly functional, why bother wearing something that looks good when your Kmart trackies cover your skin in the same way as a nice pair of jeans?

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Too hot for trackies in Qld but I can see that an extra few seconds taken to tell the time would be a hardship
Speaking of ships I also have an 8 bells ship clock so I dont even need to look
I just glanced at the time at the bottom of my screen it might be time to watch something other than a watch.

bushwood

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Pistons, 36'ers
Walked past a jewellery store today that had a display of ten Edox watches in the window, fell in love with 6 of them. Get home look up the prices, yeah may have to go back to looking for a Seiko Flightmaster.

cammo84

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Walked past a jewellery store today that had a display of ten Edox watches in the window, fell in love with 6 of them. Get home look up the prices, yeah may have to go back to looking for a Seiko Flightmaster.

Hadn't heard of that brand before. I really dig this one, if only I could justify dropping $1k on a watch...

10302-3mv-gin_chronorally-chronograph.png

bushwood

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Pistons, 36'ers
Yeah that's a beauty, really nice. That was $2200 in this store I'm talking about, Wishart jewellers on Jetty Rd if you get down that way they have a nice collection. I also didn't know about them before today.

cammo84

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah that's a beauty, really nice. That was $2200 in this store I'm talking about, Wishart jewellers on Jetty Rd if you get down that way they have a nice collection. I also didn't know about them before today.

Yeah I dunno where I got $1k from, because it goes for about $2100 on ebay. $2200 in an Adelaide shop is a pretty decent price, normally our retailers cant come close to the online/overseas prices.

bushwood

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Pistons, 36'ers
Yeah I dunno where I got $1k from, because it goes for about $2100 on ebay. $2200 in an Adelaide shop is a pretty decent price, normally our retailers cant come close to the online/overseas prices.
Yeah the $2200 was actually for a black rubber band that one is $2600.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back