QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifes a Beach1

Team Captain
Jul 17, 2013
Northcliffe
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probably time to get this going, I see that noone is talking about their club all keeping their cards close to the chest.
I hear that Labrador have added Retzlaff, Goldsmith, M Clarke, F Thorn, B Pitcher and have lost Fraser & Lappin so far.

I see that Bevan & Foster have gone to Aspley from Grange.

Last edited:
Bevan & Foster huge losses for Grange, those guys were very good for the Gorillas. Foster will do well at Neafl level I think. Have they got any recruits to replace them?

Aflq website saying Palmy have lost Bryant and Cornish to Wodonga which is a big blow to their midfield.

UQ have a new coach, any word on new players at all...?

Staker signed on with Magpies but I heard he has committed to flying down for a few games down here as well, anyone know if this is correct?

Have also heard kuret and Britten have moved on from grange.

Russ and Hackett plus a couple retirements at the panthers.

Can anyone confirm these rumours?

Have also heard kuret and Britten have moved on from grange.

Russ and Hackett plus a couple retirements at the panthers.

Can anyone confirm these rumours?
Kuret & Britten would be huge losses, especially Britts if true. What would he be doing otherwise?

Tomlinson retired after the grand final, Hackett was talking to a few clubs down here (Vic), not sure if he's committed anywhere though

Did hear Hackett had signed in the Yarra valley league somewhere.

parmy signed a FF from Frankston VFL

Any other signings?

Panthers have had at least 5 or 6 retirements, either from footy altogether, or from QAFL level footy.

A few going to Coorparoo and a few playing in their Friday night side.

Looks like another signing on the Labrador tigers Twitter.
Wow with morningside dropping there experience (still have quality imo) Labrador should be unstoppable. But surfers signing the three lads from the Sharks makes it interesting, I think there will be more to follow....

Last edited:
Surfers picking up Southport trio in Pope, Merrett and Mills ,,, big gets for the club if true.
I asked this as well, but apparently Merrett is playing at Bond.

Pope definitely at Surfers though, he'll be great for them. Nobody has been able to confirm where Mills is heading??

Sounds like Labrador are reloading wow.

Any confirmation on Brittain staying or leaving?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard around the traps some blokes from up in Nth QLD have headed south to Sherwood. no idea of quality, but allegedly decent midfielders from Victoria via Cainrs.

I asked this as well, but apparently Merrett is playing at Bond.

Pope definitely at Surfers though, he'll be great for them. Nobody has been able to confirm where Mills is heading??

Sounds like Labrador are reloading wow.

Any confirmation on Brittain staying or leaving?
That's a decent drop for Merrett, wish-Wilson will scoop up any sharks players when they call it quits. Mills I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to western magpies as he's a brissy boy and mates with Carsledine.

Think Mills was going to play at Cooly before Tyson Lane resigned. He may now be heading to Bond with Merritt. That is my mail.
Wow bond get stronger. The Rolfe boy have gone there as well. Still gotta go with Labrador but

Labrador have very large numbers at training basically since November look very strong in all grades this year.
A number of new players still to come. IMO they will be at least as good if not better as last year and have improved their depth.
A number of very good Under 19 players as well. New Coaching Group have bonded the group very well. A lot of confidence within the playing group even at this stage of the season.

Not sure what Sandgate hope to achieve by playing Kedron this week.

Kedron are a good side and will give QAFA A a shake this year, but a QAFL side playing the reigning QAFA B premiers seems a bit odd.

Should be a bloodbath

I would expect a 20 goal margin in favour of Sandgate.

I've been wrong before, and thats no disrespect to Kedron who are a decent side - but a QAFL club playing a QAFA A side - that should be the margin.

I've seen some quality names cleared to Sandgate this off-season too....they will be stronger than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back