Tex or Hawkins

Who would you take?

• T. Walker

Votes: 83 59.7%
  • T. Hawkins

Votes: 56 40.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's actually a credit to Hawkins that he is even in these types of conversation.

Proves he is the head of the pack of next line kpf.

Tex has now shown he has no ceiling. I never thought he would become a good captain let alone one of the premier ones in the comp.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Tex. if it's not on a platter for hawk, he is pretty much useless.
I'm surprised his lack of second efforts and chasing isn't highlighted in the media more.
Is a throwback, playing in the wrong era.
+1, Geelong's gamestyle is about the best in the comp for delivering to forwards and is perfect for the way Hawkins plays. I reckon if Cloke played for Geelong he'd kick 100 goal a season ... and 200 points. Instead he play for about the worst team in the comp when it comes to kicking to forwards.

Tex. if it's not on a platter for hawk, he is pretty much useless.
I'm surprised his lack of second efforts and chasing isn't highlighted in the media more.
Is a throwback, playing in the wrong era.

One of my Geelong mates thinks the same, his 2nd efforts and chasing are terrible. However you get the ball to him one out and he is very hard to stop, and excluding 2015 is a very good kick for goal.

I'd take Walker but Hawkins is still a gun, if he gets fit and is in a good place mentally (His mum died in the first few rounds last year, that'd affect just about anyone pretty badly) he'll easily clear 50+ for the next few seasons.

Voted Hawkins. Dominates the Geelong forward line and is unbeatable on his day. If it wasn't for his back he could have been anything.

Tex continues to surprise me how good he is. If he can get a clean run this season we may be able to see what he is capable of when given a chance.

Tex has more weapons and versatility. He can play as a genuine half-forward as well as FF, which will be even more important with the abolition of the sub rule, as teams will be looking for all players to get a run in the middle now. Booming kick, good hands, good captain. His kick from the wing into the forward line in the EF against the Dogs was perfection and the kind of matchwinning play Hawkins can't replicate.

Come on podgey

That's not a kick into the forward line, it's a set shot. I was referring to the type of play Walker executed in the EF, a run down the wing and a sweet delivery to spot up a forward for a set shot at goal.

That's not a kick into the forward line, it's a set shot. I was referring to the type of play Walker executed in the EF, a run down the wing and a sweet delivery to spot up a forward for a set shot at goal.

You'd never see tony Lockett do that either.

Both match winning plays however in regards to tex and hawkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd never see tony Lockett do that either.

Well if it was a choice between Lockett and Walker I'd choose Lockett. Hawkins hasn't shown that level of ability though and he also lacks the versatility of Walker.

Both match winning plays however in regards to tex and hawkins

You're too focused on the match winning to the exclusion of all else. The point is that Walker's play is the kind of thing Hawkins would not be able to do.

I've never seen Walker kick a goal on the siren to win the game either. By your logic it's safe to assume Walker wouldn't be able to do that, whereas we have seen Hawkins do it.

Hawkins plays for the cats, we get it. We know what you are doing

Tex by a fair stretch, and I can see him taking his game to an even higher level this year. Has all the attributes to be one of the best KPF's in the modern era IMO.

I've never seen Walker kick a goal on the siren to win the game either. By your logic it's safe to assume Walker wouldn't be able to do that, whereas we have seen Hawkins do it. Hawkins plays for the cats, we get it. We know what you are doing

Oh, is this why you're wasting keystrokes with your pedantic nonsense? Or do you actually believe what you're typing?

Hawkins. He's a beast. I'm going on who I would prefer one out in the square in a final. Tex is a gun though and it's a bloody tough call.

Back