Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

longtime reader of the forums, not sure why it's taken so long to finally post but here tis.
35, live in Melbourne, been in a Pies jumper since I was born and wouldn't change it.
Favourite player is a toughie, loved Gavin Brown growing up, current day probably Grundy.
Favourite moment gotta be Heath Shaw's smother of Riewoldt, favourite game would be the 2002 qualifying final v Port.

Cheers
Welcome
Over 5 years to post, i admire your patience, you will fit right in

Hi All,

I'm most definitely a Pies fan.
I've never worn a number as I love them all. But still have a soft spot for Ronnie McKeown and this year enjoyed watching Varcoe and was stoked to see Jonno Marsh make the seniors.
Grew up in country Victoria so listened alot on the radio with my Grandfather. I remember we played Melbourne after Jack Hamilton had passed away (1990) and we absolutely killed them.
The great grandfather barracked for the Pies.
Cheers All

Hi all,

I'm another long time reader of Big Footy but only signed up today. I've thought of signing up before when there's been interesting conversations happening on the Collingwood page but then changed my mind when we go through long periods with nothing new happening. With the footy now over and Collingwood in the mix to gain (and lose) a number of players the next few weeks could throw up some interesting topics and reactions.

My favourite player has been Swan for a long time but I like all our players - even when they frustrate the hell out of me... they're still Collingwood boys. I'm a Buckley fan and think the club is on the right track for another period of success although we need a bit of luck with Scharenberg and Freeman and some good recruiting over the next 2 years if we're going to be a genuine threat.

The best moment for me was the 2nd quarter of the 1990 gf - we tore the Bombers apart and they never looked like getting back into it.

No one else in my family supported the Pies and I can't really remember why I started supporting them. I was only a young kid at the time and the Pies were not travelling too well so maybe it was an underdog type of thing.

Anyway, don't know if I'll be posting much or just reading what the rest of you write but look forward to still being part of the Big Footy family.

Did you pick 'Troglodyte' from the movie The Delicatessen? Loved that movie :thumbsu:

I'm another long time reader of Big Footy but only signed up today. I've thought of signing up before when there's been interesting conversations happening on the Collingwood page but then changed my mind when we go through long periods with nothing new happening. With the footy now over and Collingwood in the mix to gain (and lose) a number of players the next few weeks could throw up some interesting topics and reactions.

My favourite player has been Swan for a long time but I like all our players - even when they frustrate the hell out of me... they're still Collingwood boys. I'm a Buckley fan and think the club is on the right track for another period of success although we need a bit of luck with Scharenberg and Freeman and some good recruiting over the next 2 years if we're going to be a genuine threat.

The best moment for me was the 2nd quarter of the 1990 gf - we tore the Bombers apart and they never looked like getting back into it.

No one else in my family supported the Pies and I can't really remember why I started supporting them. I was only a young kid at the time and the Pies were not travelling too well so maybe it was an underdog type of thing.

I can kind of relate, as you can tell from my username :p

Anyway, don't know if I'll be posting much or just reading what the rest of you write but look forward to still being part of the Big Footy family.

Welcome!

I haven't posted here for 3 years or so, but thought the time had come to be released into the wild once more.

I'm sure TheGreatGrundy will be only to happy to help you get re-acquainted with the site :)

Hello everyone,
I've been browsing the forum for a while so decided it was time to make an account, a bit about myself, both my eldest brother and father are Collingwood supporters, they were what influenced me to support the club.

My favourite player is still Buckley as he was at his best when I first got into football and I really liked the way he played, I'm also hoping that he can lead us to a premiership.

I might not post much but I plan to be around for a while so I hope I get along with all of you.

Whats going on blokes and shellers!,

Got shown this forum about a week ago and was loving it, Love the trade talk and the discussions, I was brought up in a Carlton family so decided to buck the trend and support the greatest club in AFL. My favourite player as a kid was Nathan Buckley and now its defiantly Swanny (Maybe Treloar) lol.

Plan on getting right in it. (Don't take anything personal I say) Have a good one!

Hi everyone,
30 year old life long magpie fan originally from Melbourne living in the UK now. My fav players growing up were Paul Williams, bucks and I had Tony Francis' number 2 on my first jumper. Fav current day players are Swanny, Grundy and Rusty. Worst moment as a pie fan was watching the boys get spanked in one of the granny's against Brisbane. Best Collingwood memory was when Chris Dawes kicked that goal from the boundary in the replay granny because after that it was party time! Really hoping this young group can come on together and form an exciting and successful future. I have faith in Bucks as a coach but I feel like 2016 is make or break for him especially if he tops up with players like Treloar, Aish and Howe. I believe recruiting a dangerous 3rd talk to compliment Cloke and Moore is key to our success, not sure Howe is quite good enough. That's me
Cheers

G'day. Love the idea of a welcome thread! Kind of like a driving range to practice swinging the sticks on before you make a clown of yourself the next day on the first tee!

Just got through watching replay of Q3, Rd 9, Coll v North from last season on Foxtel and thought wow..Treloar, Aish, Howe into this team?...might just put a sneaky bet on pies for the flag 2016! (and I'm not normally a betting man).

Hi all,
Love the Magpies live in Noble Park I know Treloar personally and knew shane morwood and pants who is my fav player from the past. Also liked willo and Graham wright. Favourite player now adams and Treloar. I think our future is bright and might even sneak a Top 4 spot next year. After that I expect us to win a couple. Look forward to reading more on this forum. Go pies !!!

Hi all,
Love the Magpies live in Noble Park I know Treloar personally and knew shane morwood and pants who is my fav player from the past. Also liked willo and Graham wright. Favourite player now adams and Treloar. I think our future is bright and might even sneak a Top 4 spot next year. After that I expect us to win a couple. Look forward to reading more on this forum. Go pies !!!

If you know Treloar, stand by to be pestered a lot on this Board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday All,
Die hard maggies fan. Fav player from the past is definitely big Anth Rocca and current day it would be Crispo. Best moment I can remember was leigh Browns fluke goal against the cats in the 2010 prelim. Im pretty positive so I can see us knocking off the top teams next year and the year after definitely challenging for a granny. Look forward to being an active member on this forum after years of lurking.
Carn Pies!

Evening all, after a hiatus of around 6 years I've decided to jump into the fun that is Big Footy again and join up. I've been following the trade thread with intent these last few weeks and the pies board have some fantastic people on there & it'll be a pleasure chatting footy with you all. The pies have been my passion since age 6 (dad is a cats man) and I'm now 40, so I've had the pleasure of seeing all the greats from the GOAT, (Daics of course) to the two excitement machines the great man Hine has just acquired. It's an exciting time to be following this magnificent club and I look forward to discussing it with you all.
Thanks for having me!

My name is Robbie and I now live in Canberra so I don't see the Mighty Magpies live other than Foxtel these days. I have followed The Pies for almost 60 Years and I still feel special whenever I see them playing, although losses still hurt, and I believe Bucks is building a great squad. Great to have Scotty Burns back at the Club and my only concerns for the current coaching and conditioning staff are the two we picked up from the Aints. I don't know if having someone like Harvey around does anything to assist our kicking because he was hopeless, and Bill Davoren still worries me after the Nathan Freeman disaster.

Hi Guys !!! 27yo Pies fan just moved from Tassie to the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne with the Fam. Been a Pies man since I was born (brain washed) been a Member the last 10 years, Just upgraded to a legends member. Signed both of my two daughters up as member the day they were born ! Use to love watching Bucks, Paul Williams and Sav Rocca growing up. Current day fav player is Darcey Moore and Swanny. My favourite moment was heaters smother in the replay. Can remember watching the replay of the 02 grannie and my father cracking the shits walking out saying turn it off the bloody scores not going to change !!! UP THE PIES

Hello Collingwood friends,

My GF attendance explains my psyche better than Freud could:

1977 draw... Twiggy!

1977 loss... more painful than when the dog died

1979 robbed... stood with Mum and she was angry until Christmas

1980 loss... listened to bellicose Tigers' fans to Frankston - wish I had a crystal ball to show their impending doom

1981 loss... stood beside Carlton mate who I have understandably lost touch with

1990 greatest day of my life... worked as ground attendant near the Gavin Brown crime

2002 loss... Rocca point, WTF?! Mum was angry but 1990 win had softened her

2003 loss... had I become numb or philosophical? I attended the official wake and spoke with Daicos.

(2007)... Mum died, Collingwood had been very kind to her while she was ill, 2 renditions of theme song at end of her service

2010 draw... took my son to his first GF, at the same age as I had been, and it was also a draw

2010 glory but absent... father-in-law inexplicably gave away my assumed ticket: WTF?! part 2

2011 loss... very hopeful at half-time

2016, 17, 18... three-peat? if so will re-connect with my old Carlton mate

Last edited:
Hi Guys !!! 27yo Pies fan just moved from Tassie to the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne with the Fam. Been a Pies man since I was born (brain washed) been a Member the last 10 years, Just upgraded to a legends member. Signed both of my two daughters up as member the day they were born ! Use to love watching Bucks, Paul Williams and Sav Rocca growing up. Current day fav player is Darcey Moore and Swanny. My favourite moment was heaters smother in the replay. Can remember watching the replay of the 02 grannie and my father cracking the shits walking out saying turn it off the bloody scores not going to change !!! UP THE PIES
Hey cleo_2305 and welcome aboard. I spent a few years in Tassie, most of family still lives there actually. I grew up in Lauderdale (Mitch Robinson played for Lauderdale I think) but loved the place. My brothers big into the Glenorchy FC, helps out a lot with the team and assisting/attending functions. I believe Aaron Cornelius is coaching maybe.

Anyway, welcome and look forward to seeing you all around the board

Hey cleo_2305 and welcome aboard. I spent a few years in Tassie, most of family still lives there actually. I grew up in Lauderdale (Mitch Robinson played for Lauderdale I think) but loved the place. My brothers big into the Glenorchy FC, helps out a lot with the team and assisting/attending functions. I believe Aaron Cornelius is coaching maybe.

Anyway, welcome and look forward to seeing you all around the board

Hi NT.Thunder yes you would be correct Mitch did play for Lauderdale. I was a Glenorchy boy (well still do follow them) AC is doing a great job with the Pies coached them to a Granny this season.... Got beaten in the big one. !!! thanks for the welcome Go Pies

Hey all,
Never really been a big one for sports discussion boards, but noticed this place a couple of weeks ago and decided to join.
As the name says, i'm a Pies fan living in HK these days, been here for a few years and probably a few more to come, so haven't been able to see the boys live much. Originally from Melbourne (grew up next to Barry Rowlings in Wheelers Hill when he lived there in the 70s - was gutted when he joined the Tigers!)Still follow the Pies' fortunes VERY closely though, and look forward to chatting with you all about how they're going.
Cheers.

Last edited:
1) Collingwood, clearly.
2) I like Scott to an almost unhealthy level, here is the proof I have a cat named Pendles, I have a Pendles plushing, A Pendles jersey and a teddy bear (it was a gift to me) named Pendlebeary.
3) Meeting Steele Sidebottom before we played Freo at Domain Stadium, he was such a nice guy and pure class, also met Frost, Ox and Adams. They say be careful meeting your heroes but they were just top blokes.
4) I grew up in country WA, I was never near the west coast, never saw an eagle, did not live near fremantle nor did I see dock workers but every day in Summer I would watch my friends get swooped by Magpies that would leave me alone. I didn't choose the Pie life, the Pie life chose me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back