Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
Well the Acadamey has not started and he is not Signed to the Acadamey.

But you would think that he be Signed to it ASAP.

As long as he fits the Criteria

Great name, nonetheless

Get around this kid as our great white hope from the new acadamy program set up by the AFL. In short this kid is from Tenant Creek (Barkly Zone we have been allocated) and was Co-captian of the U/15 all-australian team last year. Lets hope he continues to progress and ends up on our list.

Any info Knightmare?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ustralian-sets-sights-on-south-africa/7078434
I think this is the kid my mate went to Tenant Creek to do a news piece on (my mate was just the camera man). He didn't mention to me that he was in a Collingwood academy (which is strange because my mate is a Collingwood supporter as well so I'd expect him to mention it) but he did say that apparently he's meant to be the best player by a long long way there and they think he'll be the next big thing. I remember my mate saying he's a really good kid too.

His dad Tiger looks like a legend
Now I know it's definitely him because I remember him telling me his dad's name was Tiger. Apparently his Dad is a real character.

I think this is the kid my mate went to Tenant Creek to do a news piece on (my mate was just the camera man). He didn't mention to me that he was in a Collingwood academy (which is strange because my mate is a Collingwood supporter as well so I'd expect him to mention it) but he did say that apparently he's meant to be the best player by a long long way there and they think he'll be the next big thing. I remember my mate saying he's a really good kid too.

The Academies where just Announced so nothing has really been done yet with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get around this kid as our great white hope from the new acadamy program set up by the AFL. In short this kid is from Tenant Creek (Barkly Zone we have been allocated) and was Co-captian of the U/15 all-australian team last year. Lets hope he continues to progress and ends up on our list.

Any info Knightmare?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ustralian-sets-sights-on-south-africa/7078434

Sorry to butt in - saw the thread, thought I'd contribute. Liam Holt-Fitz is a mid-sized forward who gets up the ground and can really use this speed and athleticism to his advantage. He trained at Collingwood briefly as part of the Flying Boomerangs program that Collingwood hosts every year, and was a standout from reports.

He won the Michael Long Medal, which was voted by his peers for his dedication, hard work, and training standards during his time with the Boomerangs.

He will play for Oakleigh Chargers in the U16 pathway program this year (among school footy commitments) as he has just enrolled at Melbourne Grammar Yr 10. (Won't be draft-eligible until 2018).

Other private schools who fall under Collingwood's zone (which also fall in the Chargers zone) include Carey Grammar, Camberwell Grammar, De La Salle, St Kevins, Wesley College, Calufield Grammar, Trinity College and Scotch College. Oakleigh also have access to Kew Comments - who are one of the most prolific junior clubs in the state.

I'd say Collingwood did pretty damn well getting the Chargers as their aligned TAC Cup for this type of zoning.

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in - saw the thread, thought I'd contribute. Liam Holt-Fitz is a tall, athletic forward who gets up the ground and can really use this speed and athleticism to his advantage. He trained at Collingwood briefly as part of the Flying Boomerangs program that Collingwood hosts every year, and was a standout from reports.

He won the Michael Long Medal, which was voted by his peers for his dedication, hard work, and training standards during his time with the Boomerangs.

He will play for Oakleigh Chargers in the U16 pathway program this year (among school footy commitments) as he has just enrolled at Melbourne Grammar Yr 10. (Won't be draft-eligible until 2018).

Other private schools who fall under Collingwood's zone (which also fall in the Chargers zone) include Carey Grammar, Camberwell Grammar, De La Salle, St Kevins, Wesley College, Calufield Grammar and Scotch College. Oakleigh also have access to Kew Comments - who are one of the most prolific junior clubs in the state.

I'd say Collingwood did pretty damn well getting the Chargers as their aligned TAC Cup for this type of zoning.

Thanks SCPaige but would we have Access to Liam thru this Acadamey?

Thanks SCPaige but would we have Access to Liam thru this Acadamey?

Yes. Given he has enrolled at MGS, he will be aligned with Oakleigh Chargers in the TAC Cup, who are aligned with Collingwood in this new 'zoning' program. He is an indigenous boy, and under the rules - clubs can 'sign' players to their Academy whom are from Indigenous or Multicultural backgrounds.

It's a bit like when we had the NSW/ACT scholarship program in place, but better. This way, (let's use Collingwood and Holt-Fitz as an example) Collingwood would have a greater hand in his development as he continues to come through the TAC Cup system, thus - he'd be fast tracked given the facilities and resources he'd have access to as a scholarship holder with the Collingwood Football Club.

Collingwood will announce him in due course, but at this stage - nobody has really seen much of him, he's just on draft boards as a highly-hyped junior whose excelled in every team he's played in, and has some great accolades in his junior football that back that up.

Yes. Given he has enrolled at MGS, he will be aligned with Oakleigh Chargers in the TAC Cup, who are aligned with Collingwood in this new 'zoning' program. He is an indigenous boy, and under the rules - clubs can 'sign' players to their Academy whom are from Indigenous or Multicultural backgrounds.

It's a bit like when we had the NSW/ACT scholarship program in place, but better. This way, (let's use Collingwood and Holt-Fitz as an example) Collingwood would have a greater hand in his development as he continues to come through the TAC Cup system, thus - he'd be fast tracked given the facilities and resources he'd have access to as a scholarship holder with the Collingwood Football Club.

Collingwood will announce him in due course, but at this stage - nobody has really seen much of him, he's just on draft boards as a highly-hyped junior whose excelled in every team he's played in, and has some great accolades in his junior football that back that up.

Thanks for Info. Did he Decide on the Chargers knowing about this Acadamey or is it something really new? SCPaige

Other private schools who fall under Collingwood's zone (which also fall in the Chargers zone) include Carey Grammar, Camberwell Grammar, De La Salle, St Kevins, Wesley College, Calufield Grammar and Scotch College. Oakleigh also have access to Kew Comments - who are one of the most prolific junior clubs in the state.
It sounds like a good opportunity for Eddie to start handing out some scholarships ;)

Thanks for Info. Did he Decide on the Chargers knowing about this Acadamey or is it something really new? SCPaige

I'm not privy to that, so I couldn't say for certain. Although my gut tells me it has something to do with it, I think we all know what Eddie is like when it comes to getting what he wants! If our recruiters have put him on their radar, and endorsed him - well it wouldn't be beyond us, nor any other club for that matter to want to get a potential product, and plant them into a school/area that furthers their school (academically) as well as football (professionally). He's a good player, so he'd be at MGS on a scholarship I would imagine.

Clubs have known this academy/zoning system was about to be put into place for some time now, so it wouldn't be a wild assumption to say that other clubs have already put the above in process - relocating kids they rate that fall within the guidelines, so that they can keep closer tabs on their development, and give them greater opportunity to be drafted to their aligned club via their TAC one...

Sorry to butt in - saw the thread, thought I'd contribute. Liam Holt-Fitz is a mid-sized forward who gets up the ground and can really use this speed and athleticism to his advantage. He trained at Collingwood briefly as part of the Flying Boomerangs program that Collingwood hosts every year, and was a standout from reports.

I wonder what would have happened if he signed with say Assumption. Like cyril but Cyril always claims himself as an NT boy

I wonder what would have happened if he signed with say Assumption. Like cyril but Cyril always claims himself as an NT boy

I believe Assumption is in the Kilmore area? He'd then fall under the Calder Cannons zone - so, whoever gets him first between Essendon and North Melbourne! Thankfully that's not the case.

I'm not privy to that, so I couldn't say for certain. Although my gut tells me it has something to do with it, I think we all know what Eddie is like when it comes to getting what he wants! If our recruiters have put him on their radar, and endorsed him - well it wouldn't be beyond us, nor any other club for that matter to want to get a potential product, and plant them into a school/area that furthers their school (academically) as well as football (professionally). He's a good player, so he'd be at MGS on a scholarship I would imagine.

Clubs have known this academy/zoning system was about to be put into place for some time now, so it wouldn't be a wild assumption to say that other clubs have already put the above in process - relocating kids they rate that fall within the guidelines, so that they can keep closer tabs on their development, and give them greater opportunity to be drafted to their aligned club via their TAC one...

So what is in Barkley outside of Liam that would excite Collingwood and Eddie? SCPaige

Would moving kids be Allowed?

I would not be surprised at all IF we knew for a bit about the Zones/Acadamey stuff that Eddie and Co at the Club made sure Liam would play for Chargers and get in at a Good School.

I believe Assumption is in the Kilmore area? He'd then fall under the Calder Cannons zone - so, whoever gets him first between Essendon and North Melbourne! Thankfully that's not the case.
Thats right but my point is he is pimarily a Barkly product. Surly you cant relocate just prior to draft to go where you want. Lets say he moved to kilmore when hes 3 weeks off being drafted.....what zone is he from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back