tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters
Welcome to 2016 , 3 proposed draws are out to the clubs & 1 should be released shortly.

It is great news Manunda has returned to the competition, and their fierce rivalry in defending HQ Park continues.
As we know some clubs have new coaches for the up coming season.
This is what I have at the moment.
I take it Saints have resigned theirs.
Hawks : Marc Harbrow
Cutters : Alan Watkin
Dogs : Dale Hough
Crocs : Brad Cooper
Lions : Luke Webb, Aaron Mcnab
Tigers : Iaon Drake

Souths return to the training paddock this Thursday after the Xmas & New Year festivities completed.
Anyone have other updates ?????

Saints coaches name is Zac Kelly, and i believe he is going around again. Heard Hawks has a big signing that was in the paper. I missed it can anyone fill me in

Early indications are that most clubs would be happy with where they are heading back into training with much recruiting done over the last few months. Harbrow has snagged a few decent looking recruits for the Hawkies judging by their facebook page and will be interesting to see whether numbers are promising on the track in the next few months. The top 3 from last year seem to be keeping things pretty quiet and low key and no doubt keeping themselves in the strong positions they were in last year.

Lions and Dogs both seem to be building with articles in the Post regarding the new coaches indicating positive environments, with the dogs really looking to challenge and Lions aiming to continue the rise.

The only worry for me is that of Tigerland? Haven't heard much other than them appointing their ressies coach to the senior role, often not a desirable prospect for most clubs, although i dont know much about the bloke so hopefully he is a good candidate. Any news from the tiggers?

Very quiet atm. Hows Williams doing at Hawks? Any other clubs picked up anyone of notice? Any clubs lost anyone of notice?

Welcome to 2016 , 3 proposed draws are out to the clubs & 1 should be released shortly.

It is great news Manunda has returned to the competition, and their fierce rivalry in defending HQ Park continues.

Souths return to the training paddock this Thursday after the Xmas & New Year festivities completed.
Does anyone know if all players get paid, reserve grade and 1st grade

Does anyone know if all players get paid, reserve grade and 1st grade
Would vary from club to club. Some clubs pay a few some have good incentives for all players. Would seriously doubt any club would pay their ressies players any more than best on awards. Good luck to those who do get paid per game

So going by the paper Alan Watkin isn't the coach down there?

So why is it the "worst draw"..?

Have you seen it?

It is so unbalanced and unfair. For instance Port Douglas plays their reserves side against Power away twice, yet the Saints play the power at home twice, the Hawks and Souths both get home only games v the power reserves as one off games.
The Tigers do not play a home game until round 4 then the next one is in round ten........... 2 home games in ten rounds WTF?

The fact the Lions get an opening and closing game as well as 6 out of the first 8 rounds at home makes you think otherwise CCL.

Lions, Souths and Hawks all managed to get 9 home games............. amazing how these clubs are all supported so well by AFL Cazaly's.

Would have been better to have home and away to make 14 then another six games for 3 home 3 away to make 20 games. Could of used Cazaly's as a neutral ground anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen it?

It is so unbalanced and unfair. For instance Port Douglas plays their reserves side against Power away twice, yet the Saints play the power at home twice, the Hawks and Souths both get home only games v the power reserves as one off games.
The Tigers do not play a home game until round 4 then the next one is in round ten........... 2 home games in ten rounds WTF?

The fact the Lions get an opening and closing game as well as 6 out of the first 8 rounds at home makes you think otherwise CCL.

Lions, Souths and Hawks all managed to get 9 home games............. amazing how these clubs are all supported so well by AFL Cazaly's.

Would have been better to have home and away to make 14 then another six games for 3 home 3 away to make 20 games. Could of used Cazaly's as a neutral ground anyway.
The draw has been out to the clubs for several weeks for review & agreement. So all clubs get consultation. And all clubs have 9 home games.

The draw has been out to the clubs for several weeks for review & agreement. So all clubs get consultation. And all clubs have 9 home games.

How democratic of the League to let clubs look at it before they release it. Doesn't mean they get a chance to change it.

Yeh i missed 11, my bad on that but the rest is still shitty.

How democratic of the League to let clubs look at it before they release it. Doesn't mean they get a chance to change it.

Yeh i missed 11, my bad on that but the rest is still shitty.

I believe all clubs get a copy of a draft fixture for consultation purposes before being finalised. One would think that any club president would have addressed any fixture concerns at that time.

I believe all clubs get a copy of a draft fixture for consultation purposes before being finalised. One would think that any club president would have addressed any fixture concerns at that time.

As i posted previously.
How fantastic that the league give the clubs a copy of what they will eventually receive as the fixture anyway.

Look at the draw closely and tell me it's not set up to favour a few clubs.

Good luck to all teams today in the pre season cup. Will be interesting to see all teams new players & great to see Hawks back & Power's debut.

E="AvantGardener, post: 44923072, member: 170926"]What is the go with Luke Webb ?[/QUOTE]
Resigned as coach and no longer playing. Not sure of the details but a falling out between the club and himself i know that.

An interesting result from the weekend, Centrals beating Souths after getting back a number of injured players. Combine this with the article in Sat paper about their 4 new signings and the club will be big players in the finals.
Player depth is a big thing in cairns footy with Centrals' last weeks smashing by Port.
Port are the best team at the moment but like last year, finals are anyone's game. It seems the ladder positions are set, Centrals and Saints can change but they'll be playing in the 1st semi anyway.
Any news from clubs about how they're travelling or players due back soon from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back