Croweater

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
This is meant to be similar to the Perth thread, where people from Adelaide (and elsewhere) can come and talk about Adelaide and all the good things the City of Churches (and surrounding areas) has to offer (InB4ithasnothingtooffer), as well as talking about what's going on in the city (development, news stories, the fact that you saw Keith Conlon at the O'Connell Street Bakery). It'd also be cool to hear what it was like growing up here, as well as discussing any things (ways of life, food, drink, etc) that are unique to Adelaide and the surrounding regions.

Population: 1.4 million

Interesting points (you'd have seen these before, but they're true):

-Has been included in the Economist Intelligence Unit's top ten Most Liveable Cities for the past five years

-We like to cram all of our events within a 6 week block in February and March

-Spring in Adelaide is probably the best weather in the world (even better than the Californian Coast and the French Riviera. I'm not kidding)

-Mothers have historically given their children Woodies Lemonade to cure the stomach bug (seriously, the stuff works)

9300617039655_1.jpg

-South Australia was one of the first jurisdictions in the modern world that gave women the right to vote (in 1894; enacted in 1895)

-We have this thing called the pie floater, which is a minced beef pie placed in a bowl of pea soup with tomato sauce on top (it's not that good)

-We use the phrase Heaps Good frequently (similar to grouse in Melbourne)

-We're allowed to give Adelaide s**t, but outsiders aren't

-The first question you'll be asked at a party where you don't know many people (provided you're under 25) is where you went to school, and you'll be judged based on your answer

Attractions: Adelaide Oval, every single beach, anything to do with food and wine, anything that's happening in February and March, Mounty Lofty, the Barossa Valley, the Adelaide Hills, Frewville Foodland (the best supermarket ever :thumbsu:), the Fruchocs Shop ;), The Ramsgate (where Mark Ricciuto and Josh Carr had a bit of biff) and Peter Van the Party Man on Goodwood Road :$.

Have at it, folks!

o3bbS2b.jpg

15AOFire.jpg

Victoria-Square-at-night_860_320_s_c1_center.jpg

ElectraHouse086-1000x0-c-default.jpg

1911_leighstreet.jpg

South_Australia__Adelaide__Grange__sea__bridge__landscape_ocean_waves_beach_1920x1200.jpg

rontSunrise.jpg

hero-image-14.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have honestly never heard the word grouse used in the five years I've lived in Melbourne.

You have a tram, don't forget that!
you need to spend more time in the west..

has foodland been mentioned yet?

also, woodies can cure everything!

The Angels, Cold Chisel, The Master's Apprentices, Paul Kelly, Hilltop Hoods, Sia (I went to primary school with the her boyfriend who was killed in England). We've produced some fine musos.

My favourite Adelaide band.

The Angels, Cold Chisel, The Master's Apprentices, Paul Kelly, Hilltop Hoods, Sia (I went to primary school with the her boyfriend who was killed in England). We've produced some fine musos.

A Highgate and Scotch educated slacker, 1973 born eastern suburbs inhabiting ghey Hawthorn supporter. If only the Beaumont children were this easy to track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back