SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Angels, Cold Chisel, The Master's Apprentices, Paul Kelly, Hilltop Hoods, Sia (I went to primary school with the her boyfriend who was killed in England). We've produced some fine musos.
Was she dating an older bloke, or are you nowhere near as old as I think you are?

Peter Van the Party Man on Goodwood Road :$.
An institution.

I Love the city I was born in.

The SANFl was probably the best run sporting league this country has ever seen. It was swallowed up by big buismess, but it was close run thing.

I still miss the old Adelaide Oval, it may have been a bit shabby, but it had charm that's lost in the new one. It had to happen, but there should be appreciation of what's been lost.

There was definitely a charm to sitting on the hill in the second innings of a One Dayer and being able to see the skyline lighting up as it got dark.

Both versions are good, but for different reasons. It definitely had more character before though.

That whole open area at the back of the new stands that overlooks the city is pretty cool. Anyone been to Coopers Stadium? Is it easy to get too from the Glenelg tram? It didn't look far.

That whole open area at the back of the new stands that overlooks the city is pretty cool. Anyone been to Coopers Stadium? Is it easy to get too from the Glenelg tram? It didn't look far.
great little suburban stadium, 5min walk from the end of the tram line

Yep, the tram goes to the entertainment centre and it's just a few minutes walk from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was definitely a charm to sitting on the hill in the second innings of a One Dayer and being able to see the skyline lighting up as it got dark.

Both versions are good, but for different reasons. It definitely had more character before though.

I grew up in the mid 70's to mid 80's going to international cricket there. Family were cricket nuts. Dad would get a belly full of southark and me and my brother would run a muk.

The new place is a concrete garbage dump

Can't have an Adelaide thread without this:

MagicMountain.jpg

Surely every Adelaidean born before the 21st century went here?

I grew up in the mid 70's to mid 80's going to international cricket there. Family were cricket nuts. Dad would get a belly full of southark and me and my brother would run a muk.

The new place is a concrete garbage dump

I'd like to see what you think of literally every other sporting stadium that can seat more than 20,000.

Southern suburbs boy from way back.
Wasn't any Flinders then so McLaren Vale hospital it was.

There's a spot on south rd at O'Halloran Hill where ( if you're heading south ) you can see the southern vales all the way to Silver Sands. :cry:

Usual s**t now though -

Birdman Rally
Milk Carton Regatta
Dazzleland
Lakeside Leisure Park ( never went )
Barnacle Phils at Footy Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back