Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a Fan of the ABC or SBS. They try to hard to be Different then 7,9 and 10
They are and so much better.
The others offer very little that interests me, not into reality and info commercial shows.
Plus ABC no ads and SBS very few.
Both have some good drama show plus very good political analysis.

The others offer very little that interests me, not into reality and info commercial shows.

Well I am not a Intellectual which I think both ABC and SBS target the most

Like the Northern Academies they can take Players who have already played AFL Footy and put them in there Academy. So Why could we not do the Same Thing with our Northern Academy? Bard

Well the AFL would say because those academies are to bolster popularity of the AFL in Queensland/NSW and most of those kids therefore don't come from AFL dominant backgrounds.... But then as Apex said why do GWS have access to the Murray region.

Well I have heard the C-Word on the ABC and no where else except Big Brother Up Late

So Les Murray and Johnny Warran was what Lou Richards was to the AFL and to AFL Broadcasting?

Lou Richards is one of my great heroes, but if you were comparing their over all contribution, relative to their sports, I'd say Johnny and Les contribute more than even Lou.

They championed soccer for decade after decade, on and off TV, when people called it wogball, when people laughed at it and dismissed it as a minor sport, when it was nearly destroyed several times over. Warren also played in our first ever world cup in 1974 and was a Socceroo captain. Johnny died far too young at just 61 and missed out on all the success of the A League, Asian Cup etc.

Anyway, Lou's great, everyone's great ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SBS every day of the year.

I haven't watched channel 9 (except for footy) since around 2002.
The question was in relation to who you wold work for, not what you prefer watching.
$300k at 9 or $40k at SBS? Unless you're someone whom money is irrelevant to, the answer could be very different.

What and get paid 45k a year instead of 1.5 million + all the other perks of being a national megstar. Who would you rather be - Eddie McGuire or Les Murray?

If you leave out the bit about Eddie being the President of Collingwood (unfair comparison otherwise)

Then Les Murray - every day of the year and then some. He might not be paid the mega bucks, but I'd be willing to bet that Les' face opens a lot more interesting doors on the planet than Ed's (and it's an indication of that when Pele comes to speak at your testimonial)

Last edited:
Not a Fan of the ABC or SBS. They try to hard to be Different then 7,9 and 10

The ABC and SBS have a very different mission

Channel 7, 9 and 10 exist to make money for the financial benefit of their shareholders. They achieve that by making programs that appeal to the masses and sticking ads in the middle of them that they flog off to the highest bidder

ABC and SBS by contrast can experiment and be a lot more creative. It's not unusual for the ABC to develop a program, have it become successful, and then have it bought out by the commercial networks.

The question was in relation to who you wold work for, not what you prefer watching.
$300k at 9 or $40k at SBS? Unless you're someone whom money is irrelevant to, the answer could be very different.

Not necessarily.

The ABC is able to attract quality talent (I'm guessing Leigh Sales, Kerry O'Brien, Tony Jones, Fran Kelly, could have all been paid more money at the commercial stations if they wanted it - and even at the ABC they'd be living above the bread line)

Not necessarily.

The ABC is able to attract quality talent (I'm guessing Leigh Sales, Kerry O'Brien, Tony Jones, Fran Kelly, could have all been paid more money at the commercial stations if they wanted it - and even at the ABC they'd be living above the bread line)
The ABC and SBS are vastly different entities in terms of funding and payment, to the point where much of the ABC's talent is grossly overpaid.

Article about Liam Holt-Fitz's team from 3 years ago ...

http://www.clontarf.org.au/blaze-of-glory/

... Seems like he's been developing for a long time.

The winning team:

image7-Blaze-of-Glory.jpg

I'm guessing that'd be the winning skipper - Liam?

IMG_4764-Blaze-of-Glory.jpg

As far as I know;

• he is first and foremost part of Collingwood's NT Zone.
  • he is moving to Melbourne to further his education first, football second
  • MGS falls under the Sandringham Dragon Zone, but that relates to those who are boarding at MGS or live in the Bayside region
  • my understanding LFH is living/moving to Kew
  • The region of Kew zones him to the Oakleigh Chargers
  • The Chargers are part of Collingwood's zone.
This whole zoning thing is new to me also, but it relates to Indigenous and Multicultural kids, and kids who come from non-traditional football backgrounds. EG: A promising basketballer who has turned his back to concentrate on basketball, only to be coaxed into returning to football and being part of an AFL zoned Academy.

As far as I know;

• he is first and foremost part of Collingwood's NT Zone.
  • he is moving to Melbourne to further his education first, football second
  • MGS falls under the Sandringham Dragon Zone, but that relates to those who are boarding at MGS or live in the Bayside region
  • my understanding LFH is living/moving to Kew
  • The region of Kew zones him to the Oakleigh Chargers
  • The Chargers are part of Collingwood's zone.
This whole zoning thing is new to me also, but it relates to Indigenous and Multicultural kids, and kids who come from non-traditional football backgrounds. EG: A promising basketballer who has turned his back to concentrate on basketball, only to be coaxed into returning to football and being part of an AFL zoned Academy.

Thanks for the Info SCPaige

I agree Liam would be in our Zone but the Question is IF he Quality's for the Academy or Not. Does him playing Rep Footy make him not Eligible for the Academy.

Is Liam Boarding at MGS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back