FTA-TV Vinyl - New HBO Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Starts next week. It's about the music scene in New York in the 70's. It's created by Mick Jagger, produced and directed by Scorsese, and written by Terry Winter who wrote the Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Wolf of Wall Street. Basically everything he touches turns to gold. Vinyl has been getting very good reviews.

Gyp Rosetti haha!

Thought this was a miniseries, probably because I saw an ad for it at the movies.

Mad Men with much more sex and drugs. but the Music industry not advertising crossed with Almost Famous. and has a much higher production value.

The punk show was great, full on brawl and everything.

The Oasis scene might of had more sex in it then anything HBO has ever done

Mad Men with much more sex and drugs. but the Music industry not advertising crossed with Almost Famous. and has a much higher production value.

The punk show was great, full on brawl and everything.

The Oasis scene might of had more sex in it then anything HBO has ever done

If it's half as good as Mad Men it'll be great.

If it's half as good as Mad Men it'll be great.

I think the first episode was good, hope they can keep it up. Not as slow of a start of Mad Men. It took me 3-4 tries of the first season to get into the show first few times i didnt get past the 2nd episode. but when i got a few episodes in i was hooked.

Vinyl did a good job getting me early with how it was cut, by showing some of the underground rock show then cutting to 5 days earlier then ending on the show again. It has a big of a Mad Men feel to it with them selling the label to the Germans like with when SCP was first being sold. will be interesting to see if they stay or start up a new label

I think the first episode was good, hope they can keep it up. Not as slow of a start of Mad Men. It took me 3-4 tries of the first season to get into the show first few times i didnt get past the 2nd episode. but when i got a few episodes in i was hooked.

Vinyl did a good job getting me early with how it was cut, by showing some of the underground rock show then cutting to 5 days earlier then ending on the show again. It has a big of a Mad Men feel to it with them selling the label to the Germans like with when SCP was first being sold. will be interesting to see if they stay or start up a new label
Good post. I've loop recorded it so will watch it later this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back