Roast Collingwood Supporters in love with Pauline Hanson thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As the economy worsens, more people are going to require welfare to exist. More people on welfare requires more money from dwindling sources of income. Medicare and old aged pensions and subsidies are prime targets for cuts. All the people making money from negative gearing their extra properties might also find themselves targeted for savings.

Getting more in tax from big business, charging higher fees for university, increasing GST to 15%, increasing penalties for speeding, forcing people to reverse mortgage their home to pay for their pension, making the unemployed work for the dole and taxing travelers 33% for picking our fruit on their miserable $18000 a year income are among the many means government has to raise money to pay for expenses.

Someone somewhere ultimately has to pay for the payments to another. The Labour party traditionally are kinder to the disadvantaged and the Libs more favourable to the middle class and the rich. In practice, both parties realise that it's the middle class that is going to make or break elections, so it is no surprise that this group are the focus of election policies and strategies.

Australia is almost the most expensive country in the world. Dropping wages or welfare payments is not an option given our cost of living. If our dollar falls as the government wants it to do, we will sell more overseas, but imports will cost even more and overseas' travel will become a luxury. On the other hand, we'll be flooded with tourists from the likes of China taking advantage of our comparatively cheap prices.

I am not looking forward to the economic future.:(:fire:

It all has its positives and negatives which is why I'm not too worried about the future, although being a recent graduate during this current economic climate has certainly not been favourable, but what can you do. It's about time we got some more international money flowing into our economy anyhow, maybe a few years of that will do us some good.

Does not help you have a lot of People coming from China and Asia as they would take Jobs away from Aussies and Mean they have to go on Welfare and be on Longer then maybe then should be

Mate, the Asians 'taking our jobs' are taking the jobs no 'Australian' wants to do. Those of Asian descent who you see strutting their stuff as accountants and the like are usually first or even second generation Australians, and no different from you or I.

Mate, the Asians 'taking our jobs' are taking the jobs no 'Australian' wants to do. Those of Asian descent who you see strutting their stuff as accountants and the like are usually first or even second generation Australians, and no different from you or I.

I am not talking about the Asian's that been Born in Australia

Plus every worker generates more money for the economy, creating more jobs. Though there is also an argument that this country is only able to support a limited population due to our poor soil and dry climate. We are certainly never going to be able to compete with overseas' manufacturing. This country has to become exceptionally good at making or doing something that other countries want. What that might be is hard to see.

I am not talking about the Asian's that been Born in Australia
I know, my first line was alluding to immigrants :).

TheGreatGrundy If we knew what kinds of industries that a country could be built on (and does not yet exist) we'd be billionaires and not on BigFooty right now :p Something will present itself in due course.

I know, my first line was alluding to immigrants :).

TheGreatGrundy If we knew what kinds of industries that a country could be built on (and does not yet exist) we'd be billionaires and not on BigFooty right now :p Something will present itself in due course.

I do agree there are plenty who do come over and Do Jobs that Aussies don't like to do.

As the economy worsens, more people are going to require welfare to exist. More people on welfare requires more money from dwindling sources of income. Medicare and old aged pensions and subsidies are prime targets for cuts. All the people making money from negative gearing their extra properties might also find themselves targeted for savings.

Getting more in tax from big business, charging higher fees for university, increasing GST to 15%, increasing penalties for speeding, forcing people to reverse mortgage their home to pay for their pension, making the unemployed work for the dole and taxing travelers 33% for picking our fruit on their miserable $18000 a year income are among the many means government has to raise money to pay for expenses.

Someone somewhere ultimately has to pay for the payments to another. The Labour party traditionally are kinder to the disadvantaged and the Libs more favourable to the middle class and the rich. In practice, both parties realise that it's the middle class that is going to make or break elections, so it is no surprise that this group are the focus of election policies and strategies.

Australia is almost the most expensive country in the world. Dropping wages or welfare payments is not an option given our cost of living. If our dollar falls as the government wants it to do, we will sell more overseas, but imports will cost even more and overseas' travel will become a luxury. On the other hand, we'll be flooded with tourists from the likes of China taking advantage of our comparatively cheap prices.

I am not looking forward to the economic future.:(:fire:

Erm overseas travel is a luxury right now and always has been. I'd kill to go overseas...

It all has its positives and negatives which is why I'm not too worried about the future, although being a recent graduate during this current economic climate has certainly not been favourable, but what can you do. It's about time we got some more international money flowing into our economy anyhow, maybe a few years of that will do us some good.

Meh current economic climate is a cop out, I remember saying the same thing during the Global Financial Crisid of 2008 and many times previous, but there's always jobs out there if you look hard enough.

I would only go to NZ as rest of the world seems F**ked up

Nah NZ would be the last place I'd go by choice as it's too much the same. It's cheap though. Having said that I really, really want to see the USA. But hearing today it costs $300US just to see a NBA game means I think my wishes there won't happen...

Last edited:
Meh current economic climate is a cop out, I remember saying the same thing during the Global Financial Crisid of 2008 and many times previous, but there's always jobs out there if you look hard enough.

Cop out? Depends how you look at it, obviously there are jobs available, but it's definitely harder. Although the real struggle is for casual work at the moment, not so much full time.

Most things in the US are very very cheap, it's just events like that where there are such a finite number of tickets in a country with hundreds of millions of people.. Y'know how these things work.

Nah NZ would be the last place I'd go by choice as it's too much the same. It's cheap though. Having said that I really, really want to see the USA. But hearing today it costs $300US just to see a NBA game means I thini my wishes there won't happen...
My friend just paid $500 Australian at the Staples center in LA to see Kobe Bryant. Total waste of money in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cop out? Depends how you look at it, obviously there are jobs available, but it's definitely harder. Although the real struggle is for casual work at the moment, not so much full time.

Probably harsh wording, I thought that when I wrote it but I guess what I'm saying is perserverance pays. By casual work I guess you mean part time with steady hours which can be hard to find. Supermarket, retail store, food outlet or petrol station probably the best bets. From experience I can say logistics casual jobs have become a farce due to unethical labour hire firms.

My friend just paid $500 Australian at the Staples center in LA to see Kobe Bryant. Total waste of money in my opinion.

To say you saw one of the greatest basketballers of all time? (albeit way past his prime...) I'd probably still do it if I had the chance. It's a one in a lifetime thing perhaps.

Spare a thought to those who went to the Super Bowl at $5-10k a seat or Mayweather-Pacquaio fight similar... if I was rich like a good AFL player yeah I'd probably do it...

Most things in the US are very very cheap, it's just events like that where there are such a finite number of tickets in a country with hundreds of millions of people.. Y'know how these things work.

They were talking about it on SEN today. Basically every single seat is a season ticket for say $10k, with a long waiting list. The only way to go is buy a scalped ticket at an exhorbitant price... let's hope AFL never goes that way.

Probably harsh wording, I thought that when I wrote it but I guess what I'm saying is perserverance pays. By casual work I guess you mean part time with steady hours which can be hard to find. Supermarket, retail store, food outlet or petrol station probably the best bets. From experience I can say logistics casual jobs have become a farce due to unethical labour hire firms.

It's not so much harsh wording but I found it kind of.. irrelevant to my post as I didn't think I was complaining so much as just stating the obvious. I'll let you know now though that I just spent 6 months trying to pick up casual work in supermarkets, McDonalds and the like and got nothing, only jobs that have come my way is the classical method, via friends. Thankfully I now have two. If you check out websites like Seek and stuff though it's a stark comparison between full-time and PT/casual, there's simply f all out there for people who are studying full time etc.

As for the US sports.. well... It's probably a good thing I couldn't give a s**t about any of their sport (tennis would be the only semi-regular sport I'd be interested in whatsoever that's played in the USA), and I pity those who do. As much as the AFL are trying to screw with us at least we have affordable ticket prices and plenty of seats to go around.

Erm overseas travel is a luxury right now and always has been. I'd kill to go overseas...
I'd love to tell you travel is overrated, but I'd be lying. I miss it like hell. Pitfalls of having a young family.
I would only go to NZ as rest of the world seems F**ked up
Broaden your horizons Dave. There are absolutely wonderful, amazing, spectacular places all around the world, and most of them aren't as f****d up as you think, or f****d up at all for that matter.

They were talking about it on SEN today. Basically every single seat is a season ticket for say $10k, with a long waiting list. The only way to go is buy a scalped ticket at an exhorbitant price... let's hope AFL never goes that way.

Depends on the team and the game. You'll battle to get a ticket of any kind for any Bears game in Chicago for less than 200 aud, but for Colts games in Indy, you can get a seat to most games for less than 100.

Last time i went to Indy to watch Pistons v Pacers, a pair of tickets cost me six bucks total.

Huh??

The AFL already scalps their own grand final tickets every year already.

Nah NZ would be the last place I'd go by choice as it's too much the same. It's cheap though. Having said that I really, really want to see the USA. But hearing today it costs $300US just to see a NBA game means I think my wishes there won't happen...

Well rest of the World I would not Trust. USA does seem a good Idea but seems to be too many Nutcases with Guns over there

$10 000 Dollars for Season Tickets:eek: I think I payed $575 for a Season Reserved Seat Membership for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back