Opinion NAB Challenge - Who do you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really keen to see how our backline copes. Will probably be without Tarrant for the first couple of games. In saying that I really want to see Taz play one of the last two games.

Otherwise in no particular order I'm very keen to see Durdin, Wells, Anderson, Clarke, Dumont, Atley, Daw and Wood get some quality game time.

I wanna see Clarke and Wags after hearing so much about them. The hype surrounding Clarke in particular suggests he could be playing some senior footy this year. Want to see it for myself.

No Wells in the first NAB game, Has been my favorite all time player since 2004 I'm extremely keen to see him get back into playing 20 games and showing of his electrifying skills. I do just hope he doest get stuffed by injury again becuase if he does i'd say its the end of career and it would be shocking to see such a crazy good talent end his career like that.

Specific rules
Nine points
awarded for goals kicked from outside the 50m arc. This is called a supergoal.

A player awarded a 50m penalty which takes them inside the 50m area can elect either to kick from outside 50 for nine points or kick from inside 50 for six points.

Longer breaks between quarters, if the weather requires.

Interchange: Rounds one and two – eight interchange and unlimited rotations per team (no substitutes). Round three – six interchange and cap of 90 rotations per team (no substitutes).

Time-on/off: Rounds one and two – no time-on/off in first 15 minutes of each quarter unless a goal is scored or there is a major undue delay. The final five minutes of each quarter reverts to normal time-on/off scenarios. Round three – 20 minutes plus normal time-on/off scenarios.

New trials for 2016
The line of the mark:
An adjustment to the line of the mark, except when a player takes a mark or receives a free kick within the forward 50, will be trialled.

Protected area: The protected area described in Law 16.1.2 will be modified by increasing the lateral width. The width will be increased from 5m to either 8m or 10m. To determine the final width and facilitate its introduction, the options will be discussed and tested with clubs during the pre-season and the NAB Challenge. It will be 10m for at least the first two weeks of the NAB Challenge.

Dangerous tackles: Dangerous tackling techniques will be further discouraged by a stricter interpretation of free kicks for lifting, slinging, driving or rotating tackles with excessive force.

Deliberate out of bounds: A stricter interpretation of deliberate out of bounds will be applied in 2016, based on a player not showing enough intent to keep the ball in play

Going to be interesting to see how we go with the rotations.

-----------------------

BRENDON Bolton didn't manage a win from his first match in charge of the Blues, but in his approach to Thursday night's NAB Challenge match against Hawthorn, the Carlton coach clearly had an eye on the bigger picture.

After an impressive opening term that saw them lead at the first break, the Blues were eventually overwhelmed by an experienced Hawthorn side and went down to the tune of 21 points.

But Bolton told reporters in Launceston he got what he wanted from the game as he prepares his side for the new interchange cap of 90 rotations in the home and away season.

"What our members should know is we had 78 rotations and I think the Hawks had 134 or 135, something around that," he said.

"That was deliberate. We wanted to really push our players today, make them endure.

"We hung them out a bit, we left them out there and didn't rotate regularly.

"It's just we're into a really strong conditioning block at the moment and we wanted to make sure this game was part of that.

"We know the rotations are limited this year so we think it will pay us back at some point."

Our tackling v each other in the 2 praccies was quite good, and now we have real opposition, would like to see a lift in intent,
and physicality (no sling tackles though :))

A lift in tackling intensity from Garner is going to result in someone dying. Let's save that for the real thing please Taylor, not the NAB challenge.

Going a bit against the grain here, I want to see the full best 22 (plus 4 fringe given the extended squad sizes) for Nab 2 and 3. I think this will give us the best chance of hitting the ground running in Round 1 which is critical this year given our draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wellsyyyyyyy.... wanna see Wellsy streaming down the wing, graceful like a gazelle with those beautiful kicks to leading forwards that nobody has a right to see.

I want to see NO INJURIES!!!!!

I want to see our backline led by Tarrant (Rance like) begin to show the signs of a juggernaut.

Also....
our new recruits (would love to see 2014 batch mostly but none yet fit so it seems)
Garner and Atley take it to the next level
Daw play a blinder and show the football world what he can do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back