Winston Abraham

Remove this Banner Ad

No lu8 for Shane Clayton? Sheesh
Hahaha my mates use to bag out Clayton all the time when we were younger. Was the Sam Gibson of that era for sure. How someone could find so much space and still make atrocious decisions were actually quite amusing...still no hate on Clayton though. Makes games more interesting.

Hahaha my mates use to bag out Clayton all the time when we were younger. Was the Sam Gibson of that era for sure. How someone could find so much space and still make atrocious decisions were actually quite amusing...still no hate on Clayton though. Makes games more interesting.
Had quite a journey. Played in Fitzroy's last ever side too from memory.

His goal against Collingwood. Need better HD vision of it. Just beautiful.

I was one of the very few OUT OF MY SEAT like there was an ejection button.. that was ONE OF THE ALL-TIME GREATEST GOALS EVER!!
SUBLIME is one superlative you can use without hesitation.

Puts McGuane's overated 'witches hat' drill in the 'ok but nothing special' box.

Iirc the commentators were sfellowing at Winnie saying he was feigning his injury. ..anyone else remember?

Absolutely.. the North HATE (by the A-hole commentators) was as evident as Hird's tears after his own misfortunes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team needs its six tier player
This is a bit harsh, but just remembered. When we use to have kick around at lunchtimes, and one of the boys stuffed up a play. We'd label them as "Shane Clayton".
...Many students took great offence to this comparison.

same thing happened to my 96 team premiership photo.

Both my 1996 and 1999 panoramic pictures made it safely. Just have to put up all my original Weg's and other NMFC memorabilia and im set.
20160303_133225.jpg

Wonder where the OP is?

tumblr_lysieq6sNt1r05723o1_500.gif

I remember all the trading talk for us in '97 being about Schwass/Grant.

Then the final day of trading arrives and we offload Anderson (modern value equivalent... Hansen circa 2017?) for Abraham (modern value equivalent... Betts circa 2013?).

Didn't mind Anderson but couldn't believe we'd snaffled Winnie out of the deal. And Winnie didn't disappoint!

You had a hard and high scoring premiership side still intact that maybe lacked a little ground level kapow...

..Nek minnit Winnie into the half-forward line, Choppy into the half-back line. Problem solved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back