Toast Crows 2015 Profit: $1.5 million

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally speaking, having a profit is not actually a good thing - except for creating threads like this to beat our chests.

I know personally it's a balancing act if you want to borrow to invest you need to show a good income, but then you get stung by mr tax man or in the AFL.
This guy

image.jpeg

There needs to be a line drawn right through the popular argument from Port supporters that Crows get free rent at AAMI Stadium. This is blatently wrong. The Crows are currently paying the SANFL $11.326 million over 15 years to gain their independence from the SANFL. Port is currently paying nearly $5 million less over the same period for the same reason. The difference in price is due to the Crows use of AAMI Stadium. $5 million in rent over 15 years is quite a substantial cost. I would be interested to compare that to what Port pay to lease Alberton from the council.

Port don't pay anything to have a reserves side in the SANFL while Crows pay $400,000 a year. Crows pay an equalisation tax to the AFL to help prop up lowly clubs like Port. Port do not. I know which club is the welfare club .
Might have to get fages on board with this, he said tonight on radio, that aami is rent free.

We do have a 40-year rent free lease, negotiated as part of the transfer to Adelaide Oval.

That's what happens when you get dragged "kicking and screaming" to the Adelaide Oval as we're always accused of. You get to be the unmotivated seller and negotiate all sorts of goodies for yourself. Good work Triggy.

Well, one would expect a 3 game member to pay less than an 11 game member.

In any case, you need to charge less, otherwise a bandwaggoner wont jump aboard

Chapman said our membership number is now 65,000 and in 2015 we had the third highest average attendance behind the Pies and Tigers.

Well, one would expect a 3 game member to pay less than an 11 game member.

In any case, you need to charge less, otherwise a bandwaggoner wont jump aboard

Haven't you heard? It's not having to charge less because otherwise no one will buy it, it's called "supporting the community":D

Haha Bickley picked up that the crows don't include depreciation in their $1.493m profit figure after Rowe said but its an operating profit and then said Port's profit of $200k was after about $700k depreciation so a like for like comparison its closer to $900k profit. Rowe only half got it. Does Bickley read the threads on this board??

He then correctly said that last years loss of $408k didnt include depreciation!!

Rowe then tried to say the crows pay a transport levy and Port dont, and Bickley picked him up that Port pay it as well. good to see a bit of knowledge by Bickley.

It never ceases to amaze me on how much detail they will go to find the smallest errors with our success. Even when they sleep at night, we are on their mind. The flogs just reek of jealousy :$:rainbow:

Geez Rooch is offended about the lack of info the club is giving him...

quote...
"The Adelaide Football Club is used to the media complaining about limited and controlled access to the Crows, but now it is the membership base that is barking.

And even when the Crows does have news, great news — such as key defender Daniel Talia re-signing his contact this week — Adelaide loses the agenda, with the club being last rather than first to announce this significant development."

Poor, poor Rooch.

quote...
"The Adelaide Football Club is used to the media complaining about limited and controlled access to the Crows, but now it is the membership base that is barking.

And even when the Crows does have news, great news — such as key defender Daniel Talia re-signing his contact this week — Adelaide loses the agenda, with the club being last rather than first to announce this significant development."

Poor, poor Rooch.

Except Rooch forgot to take his ear plugs out during the announcement on how wrong the media got it. Wasn't it reported yesterday that it wasn't announced at the Member's meeting? Whoopsie Rooch. Get your facts right. Hang on, that isn't what you are employed to do.

That member was embarrassing who got up and complained that we are losing the media and marketing battle. We aren't at all. If we were, we wouldn't have the record sign up etc and we all know where to get the better quality information/opinion from about our club and it isn't from the outdated print and radio stations.

From what I can see there will be three different podcasts about the crows going on this year and that is a bit of a reflection on the radio stations etc.

quote...

Poor, poor Rooch.
Except of course that the media got the Talia story wrong...

I could not care less about Rucci, and think some of the hand wringing that goes on here about him is a bit pathetic. But it is quite hilarious the way he is trying to whip up a frenzy over this issue...

We're actually winning new media, it's just those on dying platforms that are claiming we are losing overall. No we are controlling them. Why would I read Rucci's spin on a topic when I can watch the press conference or listen to the interview he gets all of his information from. He adds nothing new to anything he writes.

Rowe and Bicks are the same on the radio, Port are apparently winning this and that, can't do anything wrong on or off the field, it's just lazy, but whatever we can see what the club is doing and I think it is something that can be maintained beyond a brief period of success, because we aren't relying on outsiders who will turn at the first opportunity, to get our message out.

Last edited:
Another typical self-serving article from Rucci who has once again used what one bloke says to suit his own agenda and tar us all with the same brush. The gentleman who asked about the media stuff doesn’t speak for all of us.

Heck, I’m a pretty shy bloke so I didn’t say anything but I was tempted to get up there and congratulate the club on how well it’s engaged with us recently. Rucci wouldn’t have done an article on that I’m sure! Fagan/club are only one FB comment/tweet/instagram away these days, we get plenty of photos/videos from the club on training and articles about the progress of players. What more can they do? Fages even met with BigFooty posters recently!

I’m going to have a guess that the older gentleman in question more than likely wouldn’t be all up in the modern day social media stuff so probably isn’t all that aware of what the club actually does and sticks to the old, increasingly obsolete print media and tv. This is how it has more than likely gone: he probably also has an anti-Port confirmation bias so only remembers the Port-media articles then Rucci’s recent article only reinforces this view. He pipes up at the meeting which Rucci again uses to suit his own agenda thus reinforcing that view even more.

Rucci should stick to trying to keeping his shirt tucked in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another typical self-serving article from Rucci who has once again used what one bloke says to suit his own agenda and tar us all with the same brush. The gentleman who asked about the media stuff doesn’t speak for all of us.

Heck, I’m a pretty shy bloke so I didn’t say anything but I was tempted to get up there and congratulate the club on how well it’s engaged with us recently. Rucci wouldn’t have done an article on that I’m sure! Fagan/club are only one FB comment/tweet/instagram away these days, we get plenty of photos/videos from the club on training and articles about the progress of players. What more can they do? Fages even met with BigFooty posters recently!

I’m going to have a guess that the older gentleman in question more than likely wouldn’t be all up in the modern day social media stuff so probably isn’t all that aware of what the club actually does and sticks to the old, increasingly obsolete print media and tv. This is how it has more than likely gone: he probably also has an anti-Port confirmation bias so only remembers the Port-media articles then Rucci’s recent article only reinforces this view. He pipes up at the meeting which Rucci again uses to suit his own agenda thus reinforcing that view even more.

I was quite surprised by how untidy Rucci was.

Rob Chapman answered that question. He made the points that we don't control the Advertiser and we don't have an issue with them. If anyone has a different take on that please stand up and say so now.

Neither Rucci or Graham Cornes stood and responded to that or presented any questions for Pyke, Chapman & Fagan.

I was wishing the Club might have gone a bit harder at them and explained our current strategy towards the Tiser.

Rob Chapman answered that question. He made the points that we don't control the Advertiser and we don't have an issue with them. If anyone has a different take on that please stand up and say so now.

Neither Rucci or Graham Cornes stood and responded to that or presented any questions for Pyke, Chapman & Fagan.

I was wishing the Club might have gone a bit harder at them and explained our current strategy towards the Tiser.
Why worry about it though? They're not relevant to us anymore as we don't need them to peddle stuff out.

All official stuff comes from the AFC, all unofficial discussion and 'non-controlled' points of view come through BigFooty (which the club engages through an elected BF group).

And if we're talking about inclusive... why would the club bother doing their media through a company that charges to access through a paywall? Doesn't sound overly 'inclusive' to me...

Also the club is keen to have a consistent message in getting their information out. By using their own platforms they can keep that message consistent, while the other media they have no control over the change in their messaging or the misconstruing of the it. You can see why they aren't bothered so much by the Advertiser et al.

Also the club is keen to have a consistent message in getting their information out. By using their own platforms they can keep that message consistent, while the other media they have no control over the change in their messaging or the misconstruing of the it. You can see why they aren't bothered so much by the Advertiser et al.

They seem to be awfully bothered about us though.

"Question 6 is still echoing in the bubble at West Lakes where there has been a “shutdown” mentality during the summer. Meanwhile rival Port Adelaide has taken advantage by filling the vacuum left as the Crows avoided Media Street."

Echoing in the bubble? more like immediately dismissed because the club knows what it is doing here. And when did Rucci start referring to himself as Media Street?

"Question 6 is still echoing in the bubble at West Lakes where there has been a “shutdown” mentality during the summer. Meanwhile rival Port Adelaide has taken advantage by filling the vacuum left as the Crows avoided Media Street."

Echoing in the bubble? more like immediately dismissed because the club knows what it is doing here. And when did Rucci start referring to himself as Media Street?
He is talking about me. I'm media street

"Question 5 remains the most telling of the Crows’ move to Adelaide Oval. The man asking when would the club have a clubhouse — to replace their favoured Shed at Football Park — was applauded. He highlighted the issue of how the Crows have had their soul flattened by losing the Shed."
Rucci keeps going on about The Shed. Look I understand that some of our supporters miss it, but the need for it has lessened as we play in the city and make use of the great local pubs, bars & eateries it has to offer, welcome to the 21st century!

That member was embarrassing who got up and complained that we are losing the media and marketing battle. We aren't at all. If we were, we wouldn't have the record sign up etc and we all know where to get the better quality information/opinion from about our club and it isn't from the outdated print and radio stations.

Did we have a member really do that? One of the dinosaurs?

I saw him on the street once when i last worked in the city, i thought he was a homeless guy before i realised who he was. I'm the first to admit I take the "coolly disheveled" look a bit far at times, but he was next level. All he needed was a sign that read, "will write lies for food"

I wish I'd been able to see that. Last time I could go to an AGM Trigg got a standing ovation for ******* us, it'd be nice to see us giving to someone else for a change.

And if we're talking about inclusive... why would the club bother doing their media through a company that charges to access through a paywall? Doesn't sound overly 'inclusive' to me...

Gee, that's such a great point, I wish I'd thought of it.

Look, I'm 39 so I'm too old to completely understand new media insofar as I don't engage with it because all my friends are busy being married and raising kids, not snapchatting endless s**t and being totes cray cray, but as far as i can tell the club are nailing it. I want to learn about the club, i read on here or I read it direct from the club. I don't need Michaehomeless Rucci spinning it for me.

And Jerome holy cow, quoting your post just now i see you're BigFooty member #63. Must have been an empty ******* wasteland when you arrived!

EDIT: I bet everyone is the office laughed when (and if...) they ever got an email membership thing to keep up to date with the club... from a "Steve Smith" with the email address of m.rucci@news.com.au or whatever ;)

"Question 5 remains the most telling of the Crows’ move to Adelaide Oval. The man asking when would the club have a clubhouse — to replace their favoured Shed at Football Park — was applauded. He highlighted the issue of how the Crows have had their soul flattened by losing the Shed."
Rucci keeps going on about The Shed. Look I understand that some of our supporters miss it, but the need for it has lessened as we play in the city and make use of the great local pubs, bars & eateries it has to offer, welcome to the 21st century!

He's going on about the Crows' 'soul' a bit at the moment. Must be the effect of being in Italy recently. Come to think of it, do footy clubs have 'souls'.

Looks like we need to creativity split some of our revenue into an area not related to the AFC. So we can look a bit more pathetic on the books, but not really. I'm not an accountant so I have no idea how but I feel like this is possible.

I think that any equalisation tax we pay is based on our attendance figures, which I think would be difficult to hide in another entity. I doubt it would be too hard to generate merchandise or sponsorship earnings from another entity, but I'm not sure there's any benefit to doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back