McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

PS_McGovern_Signs_620.jpg

Mitch McGovern has signed a one-year extension that sees him at the club until the end of 2017

http://www.afc.com.au/adelaidecrows/news/2016-03-03/mcgovern-earns-extension

Clearly the club sees something in him, and although he wasn't particularly great during the NAB Challenge, I think he does have the skills to be a decent AFL player with some more development time put into him.

Last edited:

I see him as being a similar player to Jay Schulz, it took Schulz until he was 25 to kick more than 20 goals in a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit unsure about where McGovern fits into the side. He is not really KPF height. He looks to have some good skills, but limited tank. Would love to see him buld the tank and be a player like Lynch.

Happy he has signed on though. Can never have too many skillfull players.
Insurance in the event Jenkins doesn't re-sign?

A bit unsure about where McGovern fits into the side. He is not really KPF height. He looks to have some good skills, but limited tank. Would love to see him buld the tank and be a player like Lynch.

Happy he has signed on though. Can never have too many skillfull players.
I think he ends up a better footballers version of Henderson .... Can play forward but also in other parts of the ground once he develops his fitness and confidence in his body

I wasn't going to say anything but since mcgovern's topical....

I know a lot of people had their gripes about the commentary from the weekend, on the whole they didn't bother me much but I was a bit annoyed at the jizzing over taberner compared to mcgovern. Taberner has been in the system for 4 years, played 30 games in the seniors, got 9 possessions and 5 marks. Considering Mcgovern has been in the system for 1 year, was his second game playing with our top group, got 5 possesions and 3 marks, I thought all in all he was the higher acheiver, plus he's a local, I thought they could have spent a bit more time on him. Well, anyways......

Also, since Jenkins signing is topical, I'll add my thoughts.....

I can vaguely recall, around the time jenkins got the #4 jumper he made some comments along the lines of it was a pretty dirty thing to abandon the team mates like he did (Tippett). Jenkins would have known him less well than a lot of the other guys at that stage but seemed to be dirtier on him leaving. It would be a pretty big turnaround for a bloke that was dirty on another bloke for leaving for money, to then turn around and leave for money. We'd have to treat him pretty bad for him to leave, it would be our own fault or there's no way he's leaving.

Did he? odd thing for someone who left Essendon to come to the crows to say.
Bit different though, didn't he come from the essendon rookie list, the crows offered him a primary list, so of course he was going to take it? If not he wasn't on the rookie list he certainly wasn't getting a game.

Bit different though, didn't he come from the essendon rookie list, the crows offered him a primary list, so of course he was going to take it? If not he wasn't on the rookie list he certainly wasn't getting a game.

He was on the rookie list at Essendon and we offered him a place on the senior list. Essendon didn't want to upgrade him so they 'traded' him to us.

Back