WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Don't know yet Local, might myself out in div 3. I wish I could have a dim sim testing day around the west, although, nth Footscray have the coot chips and gravy, any room for me ash? We get along well? Orden have them chicken chip things like hungry jacks, vales have the best salad rolls, but who makes friends with salad? Springs sell jack at the bar, yarraville do ripper hot dogs, albions post game schnitzel rolls are to die for, and Lavo have the best bbq operator in the land. Wests dim sims put jimmy Wong in his place, I was too scared to go to albanvales canteen, and braybrook have bulk VB's but I suffer from gout. I wouldn't mind doing the rounds. They say a way to a mans heart is through his guts. I might make a proposal to the league and apply for an open weekly clearance, and play a game at every club from the forward pocket, at 12 or 2, I've still got skills, I'll even make a reality tv show on Chanel 31. 'Tour with Thommo', it will be better than meet the habibs with karim13 :p

Scum bag :p

See Yarraville have Hillsdon Anderson and Guest put in for clearances to go back to EDFL probably 3 of there best 6 last season

Hey mate, Guest signed with Pascoe Vale in EDFL premier however currently training with Footscray VFL. Interesting to see how he goes in EDFL. Probably play as a versitile tall / second ruck. Good decision by Guest as his still young so trying to play the highest standard he can. Good on him..

Longmire joins eagles for 2016!

With a wealth of leadership and coaching experience, utility player Lachie Longmire joins the eagles nest as playing assistant coach for 2016.

Lachie has been captain at both TAC Cup and VFL reserve level, having played for both Port Melbourne and Northern Bullants for over a combined 7 years, with premiership success as captain achieved during this time.

After 4 years as assistant coach at St Albans in the Geelong DFL, Lachie returned to his home town to play for Corowa in the Ovens and Murray league, but is now looking forward to success at Yarraville Seddon in 2016 and beyond.

The big bodied midfielder is a welcome addition to the club and is excited for the year ahead.

Yarraville Seddon Eagles are excited to announce some more signings in the coming days so stay tuned

Longmire looks like a solid unit and has an impressive resume! Not sure about the other recruits from Werribee Centrals, anyone know their credentials?

Cornish goes well and a ripping bloke

Simpson is a twos player and I don't know much about the other guys.

Cornish goes well and a ripping bloke

Simpson is a twos player and I don't know much about the other guys.

Weatherly is a very handy key back, courageous and another good fella. If Patterson can get himself fit enough he will run through the middle. Simpson has nice skills so could play through the back half as a set up player if given the opportunity. Cornish is a good small in and under mid.

Ando, looks like it might not be a 2 horse race any more between your boys and the Caro Clan. The Eagles have a couple more to unveil including 1 big name signing from a Div 1 club, and a couple not yet known to the league. While the Devils look the goods, especially with the clearance of Borlase being lodged (tongue in cheek) it should make for an interesting top 3, with the rest making up the numbers, in a so so season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly Lavo Magpie. They have paid over and above what they could afford, and now they are deep in it.

What clubs in the lower grades need to understand, is that winning a Div 2 or Div 3 is not the pinnacle, and is only a stepping stone to bigger things. These clubs that over capitalise to win a flag, and either lose and leave themselves in a hole, or win and leave themselves in a hole, are only doing it for personal satisfaction, and not for the benefit of the club.

Exactly Lavo Magpie. They have paid over and above what they could afford, and now they are deep in it.

What clubs in the lower grades need to understand, is that winning a Div 2 or Div 3 is not the pinnacle, and is only a stepping stone to bigger things. These clubs that over capitalise to win a flag, and either lose and leave themselves in a hole, or win and leave themselves in a hole, are only doing it for personal satisfaction, and not for the benefit of the club.
Well said!

I think Wyndham Vale went about it the right way ( I may be a bit bias there) but I haven't heard of them paying 'overs' for anyone. Feel free to correct me if im wrong

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

W

Well said... couldn't have said it better

Have also heard they've requested a drop to div 3.

Won't be any applicants this late and they can't get someone in house to do it. Think they might be goneeeeee.

They have requested to go into div3 like Parkside did and the league wants to say no but how can they. They need to be transparent and have created this situation ..

Won't be any applicants this late and they can't get someone in house to do it. Think they might be goneeeeee.

They have requested to go into div3 like Parkside did and the league wants to say no but how can they. They need to be transparent and have created this situation ..

West have put themselves in this position and they should be made to stay in DIV 2 just like my club had to last season. Take your 18 beatings and better luck in Div 3 next year.

Surely the signs are there for the WRFL to finally get pro active and do something to ensure that all clubs can stay afloat.

I have mentioned this on here before (and also directly to the WRFL) but they could start by getting a "clubbies" type division up and running. I am sure that there are a few clubs that could field a thirds side and clubs that are in really bad shape like WEST could drop back for a few years while they re build. Much easier to stay afloat having to field one team rather than two.

West have put themselves in this position and they should be made to stay in DIV 2 just like my club had to last season. Take your 18 beatings and better luck in Div 3 next year.

Surely the signs are there for the WRFL to finally get pro active and do something to ensure that all clubs can stay afloat.

I have mentioned this on here before (and also directly to the WRFL) but they could start by getting a "clubbies" type division up and running. I am sure that there are a few clubs that could field a thirds side and clubs that are in really bad shape like WEST could drop back for a few years while they re build. Much easier to stay afloat having to field one team rather than two.
Its important for West Footscray and the comp that they stay afloat.

Last year in Div 3 Tarneit, Wyndham Suns and Lavo all had a thirds team rotated through games like that. Was great for the blokes struggling to get ressies games while keeping them relatively match fit in that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back