AFL Tonight (Foxfooty)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever recruited Jake Niall for this must be very nervous about how it's going.

He was atrocious on the first night (his questions and comments were dreadful, and he couldn't even get a few words out at one point and more or less froze on the spot), and he hasn't got a lot better since. He seems totally wooden and unsuited to television so far tbh.

Might just be me, but there seems to be an unusually strong concentration on North Melbourne so far, too. No idea what that's all about.

Surely they would have screen tested Jake Niall before putting this show on air. He is woeful. He may be a respected journalist etc but he's almost laughably bad on television.

The host is annoying as all *, and Jake Niall is laughably bad. I love the concept, but the execution and host choice is terrible.

I didn't mind that bloke who hosted it on Friday, but Niall is beyond bad. If they changed it to old mate from Friday as the main host, and ditched Niall, it'd be an alright show. Content is great, hosts are cringeworthy.

It's alright, but i found it a little slow and like milhouse1 found it boring. Just really covers the common news that you've heard all day, by which point you're really not interested in hearing it again.

The host is annoying as all ****, and Jake Niall is laughably bad. I love the concept, but the execution and host choice is terrible.

I didn't mind that bloke who hosted it on Friday, but Niall is beyond bad. If they changed it to old mate from Friday as the main host, and ditched Niall, it'd be an alright show. Content is great, hosts are cringeworthy.
Jake Niall is actually the only thing that makes it worth watching for the trainwreck value of his interviews. The awkward delivery. The eyes darting off camera. The nature of his questions, e.g. "Menzel and Yarran have left your football club. Have you noticed a change in the culture as a result?" lols

You sure as hell aren't tuning in for the plastic Sarah Jones or her Ken doll replacement whose name I can't even remember.

Honestly I'm not sure it will last more than a season or two. It's a news recap that you can pretty much gain from watching regular FoxSports News.

Jake Niall is actually the only thing that makes it worth watching for the trainwreck value of his interviews. The awkward delivery. The eyes darting off camera. The nature of his questions, e.g. "Menzel and Yarran have left your football club. Have you noticed a change in the culture as a result?" lols

You sure as hell aren't tuning in for the plastic Sarah Jones or her Ken doll replacement whose name I can't even remember.

Honestly I'm not sure it will last more than a season or two. It's a news recap that you can pretty much gain from watching regular FoxSports News.
This post is 100% accurate :p

Jake Niall - absolutely woeful and you have to wonder how he could get past screening for a TV show. Not suited at all. Why is this show needed with Foxsportsnews?

What is Tiff Cherry doing these days? A better solution would have been to just leave it at 360, but bring in Tiff for the first 10 mins for an update on the days news - bit like WLF.

And 360 could then do a revamp too - the guests are just boring and offer the vanilla comments. Get rid of them all - keep the first half an hour the same after the Tiff news, then go to a fan based call/sms/twitter/email in ala WLF for the remainder. The contrast in Robbo and Gerard would be good with odd ball fan comments etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Jake Niall leave The Age to do this show, or are the two events unrelated?
I think literally the only possible reason he got a gig on this show is because he's at The Age. You'd have to be deaf, blind, and damn ******* stupid to employ him for a TV gig otherwise.

i saw 15 minutes of this, enough to see woosha interviewed.. man it was hollow. very cold and calculated interview like the whole tone of the show - the light hearted bit after the ad where they showed rocket eade and some of "the boys" (as the host called them) ~joking~ around in press conferences was cringy. nobody and i repeat nobody wants to see some young arsehole journalists tell us s**t we already know or don't care about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back