Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Had steak. I didn't want to cook anything so the meat was completely raw and just had a salad. I wondered why I ever cooked beef before. Really enjoyed it.

this thread lacks pictures.... awesome sounding dishes but no pictures :cry:

There seems to be a stigma over people that take photos of their food but there are people that are genuinely interested in what it looks like. This is why cookbooks have photos.

Here's my Notzerella cheese vegan pizza.

CAM00773.jpg

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
There seems to be a stigma over people that take photos of their food but there are people that are genuinely interested in what it looks like. This is why cookbooks have photos.

Here's my Notzerella cheese vegan pizza.

View attachment 205914
That does not look like cheese, or a pizza, not even a supermarket frozen pizza.

Cookbooks have pictures to help you follow the recipes.

That does not look like cheese, or a pizza, not even a supermarket frozen pizza.

Cookbooks have pictures to help you follow the recipes.

It's not cheese, it's tofu with a cheese like consistency.

There's actually a really thick layer of mushrooms underneath all those tomatoes and spinach. The shop bought base wasn't so good but the premium grade tomato paste did a good job of covering it.

I wasn't following a recipe. It's my own creation from whatever happened to be in the fridge.

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
You can't if it is meant to be Vegan. But i agree with you... real cheese on pizza or nothing.
Agree, nothing wrong with a vegan diet. I just don't like ruining traditional dishes with mock ingredients. Especially if you source local and ethical you can find cruelty free cheeses that are natural and suit the meal accordingly.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree, nothing wrong with a vegan diet. I just don't like ruining traditional dishes with mock ingredients. Especially if you source local and ethical you can find cruelty free cheeses that are natural and suit the meal accordingly.

I get the point you're making but then they would just make yp some other reason.

Someone i knew a while ago was Vegetarian because of all the usual reasons. The problem was when he became allergic to Soy. He is now Pescatarian....

Westerberg

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Recipe please!

Super easy!

Mix about 1/2 cup of mayo, with 1 or 2 tablespoons of pureed chipotle en adobo, juice of one lime, a small clove of garlic minced and a some finely chopped coriander.

Finely shave some cabbage and radish, mix with juice of another lime and some more coriander.

Pan fry some prawns and then pile everything onto the corn tortillas!

Apr 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I went healthy tonight after a few days of booze and bad food. Made I guess what ended up being a deconstructed Greek Salad. Dodoni Fetta with black pepper and basil oil, Zucchini and Red Onion I pickled for 2 hours with Dill, Marinated Olives, Mixed Tomatoes and Fresh Basil and homemade garlic pizza bread. It took no time and was delicious!
It definately needed a glass of Chablis or a Mornington Pinot Noir, but the liver is ready pack up and leave me...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1457264762623.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457264762623.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 8

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok Yes, there's only underground winery on nepean highway asfaik, and I think they use quite a few grapes grown elsewhere.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
I worded it incorrectly from the start, I apologise. I live in the middle on the hinterlands (morningon peninsula) where nearly all the winery's are on MP. A few mates do a bit of labour work at a few. I was just curious which one it was.

Back