Washington Wizards (nee Bullets) Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shame we had to play a back-back-back on what was after probably our two most consistent performances proceeding it.

We looked gassed, and definitely have excuses but still think we should be getting closer then 20 against Heat without Bosh and Wade.

Dragic, Whiteside and Deng killed us! We had no answers for them. Especially Whiteside, Gortat simply got no help at all.

Can't remember a worse game Wall has played.

Dudley was good. Beal continues to improve but other than that it was pretty bleak.

Porters disappointing season continues.

I know Markieff will need time to adjust but 2-7 and 5 fouls in 21 minutes not exactly what we are looking for. Missed a few open looks.

Takes us to 25-29 for the season.

Really need to win at 600 from here in to have a chance at playoffs.

That would take us to 41-41 and we might sneak in..

Pelicans, Philly, Bulls our next 3.

Such a shame we had to play a back-back-back on what was after probably our two most consistent performances proceeding it.

We looked gassed, and definitely have excuses but still think we should be getting closer then 20 against Heat without Bosh and Wade.

Dragic, Whiteside and Deng killed us! We had no answers for them. Especially Whiteside, Gortat simply got no help at all.

Can't remember a worse game Wall has played.

Dudley was good. Beal continues to improve but other than that it was pretty bleak.

Porters disappointing season continues.

I know Markieff will need time to adjust but 2-7 and 5 fouls in 21 minutes not exactly what we are looking for. Missed a few open looks.

Takes us to 25-29 for the season.

Really need to win at 600 from here in to have a chance at playoffs.

That would take us to 41-41 and we might sneak in..

Pelicans, Philly, Bulls our next 3.
Think it was the exhaustion finally setting in, no doubt. Thanks NBA :/. When Wall isn't 100%, the whole team suffers.
But without their star duo, Miami just chopped us up in the paint. Gortat can't carry the front court all on his own. Nene is soft as, and 'Keef Morris obviously adjusting. Would be great if we had someone like Whiteside on the bench. The "Small 4" is erratic this season. Washington are in the bottom 4 efficiency for rebounds, and Whiteside showed exactly how dominant centres can be against that gameplan. Dudley isn't strong in that area, so hoping Morris contribute soon.
Beal at least has been consistent and works wonders off the bench. But Porter has been really frustrating all season. He needs a bulk up off season, he's such a liability in defence.
Interesting to see how we go against New Orleans though. Must win against these sort of teams. Tbh this team is too good not to be at least 41-41. Underachieving big time this season but if we can get that 7th seed, the East is wide open at that point. Cavs and Raptors are the obvious top 2 but beatable.

Probably our most embarrassing loss for the season. No Butler, Rose, Mirotic. Literally a B grade team Bulls had on the court. Yet 7 players of theirs shoot 10+ pts. Dudley and Beal 3 point game was non existent. 3-4 games behind 8th seed now. Bulls played as a team, and never looked like losing. Let's pump Philly, then it's Cavs at home.

Up early against the Cavs in the morning.

I'm about to give up on this season I think
Hoping Anderson, Morris and Hickson give something better defensively. If there's any time to put the season on the line, it's this game. Really need the hunger and desire against Cavs. Nothing like the crap against Philly and Miami (even Chicago too). If anything to be learnt from Raptors-Cavaliers game is that PG/SG against Cavaliers excelled, paritcularly with Mo Milliams injured. Lowry scored 42. Anything similar from Wall would be great. Big game from him and need Beal shooting at around 50%, not 30% during last week.

Didn't see the game but looking at box score and a five minute highlights package - it is typical of our season.

Really interesting week or so.

Still need to jump 2 teams to get into that 8 spot but if we make it at least our Cavs form is pretty decent this season. Don't think we'd beat them in a series but I wouldn't feel completely hopeless.

No Lebron today obviously helped. Jefferson playing 35 minutes is ideal.

Otto doing a KD lite impression and shooting as well as he did is massive. When he plays well and is involved on both sides of the ball, we always seem to play well

Almost hope we don't make the playoffs so Randy gets fired because without doubt if we don't make playoffs, guys are losing their jobs. But yeh nah still want to make it and HOPE that the organisation still makes the right move and #SackWittman.

Having Anderson playing is big for us. He's another small ball guy and think he, along with Dudley, were shrewd moves over the break last year.

Adding Hickson I think was also a decent move. We are awful rebounding wise and he can play some handy minutes. Anything that sees Nene playing less is OK with me.

We have the easiest run home in the east (maybe the league) going on win percentages and the Hawks have the hardest. Them beating Charlotte today isn't ideal but still think if we can kind of get our s**t sorted for 25 games, we could make it.

Geez, poor Humphries. Goes from starting for us in the PF spot at the start of the season to waived by the worst team in the NBA.

Almost hope we don't make the playoffs so Randy gets fired because without doubt if we don't make playoffs, guys are losing their jobs. But yeh nah still want to make it and HOPE that the organisation still makes the right move and #SackWittman.

Having Anderson playing is big for us. He's another small ball guy and think he, along with Dudley, were shrewd moves over the break last year.

Adding Hickson I think was also a decent move. We are awful rebounding wise and he can play some handy minutes. Anything that sees Nene playing less is OK with me.

We have the easiest run home in the east (maybe the league) going on win percentages and the Hawks have the hardest. Them beating Charlotte today isn't ideal but still think if we can kind of get our s**t sorted for 25 games, we could make it.

IMO, Wittman will still be 'moved on' after this season anyway. Underachieved hugely so far this season particularly with Wall's performances to keep the team thereabouts. If it was going to be done, it would've been before Christmas 2015. Now it's a bit too late, need an united front to push for the playoffs.

Anderson is a great veteran to have and at SF/PF role is a bonus. Plus the whole team is finally fit (touchwood) and it makes so much difference when Wall/Beal/Porter are on fire, such as today. That third quarter was as good as any this season, particularly defensive wise (why we continue to play the same damn 'Small Ball 4' rotation in order to get more points still makes no sense given how great the defence was last season..)

Of the East conference- think Chicago, Atlanta, Indiana are vulnerable particularly with the injuries Pacers/Bulls have. Hell even Boston can fall a bit if they go on a losing streak. Rather we sneak in into 6th/7th seed at best, avoid Cleveland at least. Toronto, this season, though are brilliant.

Oh yeh, of course if we some how got to 6th that'd be awesome.

Markieff having his best game for us ATM

Hopefully finish the 76ers in the third

Markieff Morris:
“[The Wizards] have got a super family atmosphere. All the guys stay together. We got text messages going on all the time,” he said when asked how he’s settling in. “I played with a couple guys and it feels like a family atmosphere. It feels like home.” : http://uproxx.com/dimemag/markieff-morris-wizards-super-family-suns/

Has 8 pts, 10 rebounds by the end of the first half.

Definitely rather him then Nene..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needed a big JW performance to get out of that one. Philly have given us a bit of trouble this year, not the only team they've pushed though.

That's 6 on the trot at home and 8-2 over our last 10.

oooohhhhh

Make that another W. Tough game, but came through in the end. Now we are back at .500! 30-30 and around 1.5 games behind 8th.
Beal was great off the bench. 26 pts off 10/15 shooting. Anderson really helped in the last quarter with a couple great 3 pointers with the game on the line. 18 pts from him really handy.
But hats off to Wall. Another Double Double - 14pts/12 assists and never stops carrying this team.

Absolutely terrible to give up that.

Lead by as much as 14.

Terrible offense the entire second half.

Give up the chance to go into 8th

Absolutely terrible to give up that.

Lead by as much as 14.

Terrible offense the entire second half.

Give up the chance to go into 8th
Thought we would cruise to that W. That last quarter was uninspiring. Fair enough we lost Beal, but still had the depth to continue the momentum. The rotation towards the end was bizarre. Taking off Gortat for Nene pretty much cost the game.
Nene missed one free throw, but Wall did as well. Nail those FTs and it's game over. Nene before Morris and Gortat? Come on Wittman!

I'm convinced Wittman is trolling us.

Why he finished with Nene down the stretch over Gortat I'll never know.

Nene had 0 rebounds all game. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

Gortat had 17.

Indiana recycled possessions twice down the stretch and it hurt us hard.

Man this team just inconsistent this season.
Great start to the third quarter against Blazers, get on a 12-0 run to lead by 11. Then by the end of the quarter, somehow Washington are done by 4!
I'm all for Wall no doubt, but his leadership, decision making just hurts at times. The team was gelling well and great movement, needed to keep that going.

Have to say Dame Lillard is 2nd best PG in the league behind Curry right now. Guy is clutch and nails the shots. Wall 8-25 FG. Disappointing, just involve the team more. None of this hero ball.
Portland, on paper, looked like they would struggle big time with Aldridge leaving. But funnily enough they have one of the best backcourts in the league, frustrating as Beal is continuously injured this season.

Said it all before but Jesus what a frustrating season.

So ******* inconsistent.

After the break, go 8-2 or some s**t. Looking really strong. A game off 7th.

Play Indiana and play s**t house basketball lose by a point and then go on this road trip where we blow it at Portland and capitulate at Denver and Utah.

Ah well I say, least I can stop caring now.

Then they come out and wipe the two times we are trying to beat to stay with in touching distance.

Was probably our best team performance of the season against Detroit I thought. 7 guys in double figures. Shared the ball really well and everyone defended hard.

Then today Wall just goes into beast mode

Seriously

29-12-10. Something else.

Had 6 score 10 and up again and great to have Beal back.

Temple has had a really good season I feel. Just a shame he isn't shooting slightly better from distance.

I was quite upset with picking up Morris when we did but I actually think it's working quite well.

He seems happy. He is playing defence and he isn't taking shots like he was in Phoenix. 10 pts, 6 boards for him since he came to DC.

Shame to see Neal go. Whenever he got on the court this season he actually played really well.

Not a massive fan of Thornton but he gave us some solid minutes today.

I know Nene is going through a bit of a scoring high at the moment but I just don't understand why Randy loves him so much. Can't hit free throws. Incapable of defending. Makes bad decisions. Awful rebounder.,

Need Gortat back on the court for big minutes and healthy.

Atlanta beat Detroit today as well.

Probably will be irrelevant though as we seem unable to make the most of any kind of momentum.,

Oh yeh also, I know a lot of us were hoping for a bit more from Otto this year on the back of his play off performances last season, but he is continuing to improve.

I've read that some people have said he's stagnated.

11.5 points, 5 boards and 1.7 assist this season. 6 points, 3 rebounds and 0.9 assists last season.

My one annoyance with adding this depth is it will take minutes away from Dudley who is our only guy to shoot more than 40% from 3. Feel like we need him to be playing 15-18 minutes a night.

Remaining games;

philly - win
NY - win
@ATL - loss
ATL - win
MIN - win
@LAL - win
@GS - loss
@SAC - win
PHX - win
@LAC - loss
BKN - win

@DET - massive game. Win
CHA - win
ATL - loss

(massive 3 games there. If we could go 2-1 that'd be big)

Ok so let's say my half arsed predictions are right and we go 10-5 we finish the season on 42-40.

Hmmmmm

Would that be enough?

The 5 game road trip worries me despite 3 of the games being easy on paper.

Need to kick it off with a win tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back