RELEASED - Premiership Coach - 2016 Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer to play. Always found simming gave weird results (lost like 50-140 against Saints once as Sydney with 2014 lists) so I play and find the results more accurate despite players getting weird stats. Plus you feel like a game day coach which is part of the fun
Only thing I don't like about playing is the fact that key forwards are practically useless and there's always a small defender that gets 40+ touches.

Only thing I don't like about playing is the fact that key forwards are practically useless and there's always a small defender that gets 40+ touches.
No way. My FF has gotten over 100 goals every game. Wing and HFF get most of the touches

Question: how do you change skills of players? For example, Do Goey is an inside mid, so I want to change is stats to reflect that. I tried to edit the player file, but it says 'access denied' when I tried to save it.

Question: how do you change skills of players? For example, Do Goey is an inside mid, so I want to change is stats to reflect that. I tried to edit the player file, but it says 'access denied' when I tried to save it.
as in using the editor function within the game or editing the notepad document?

Try running the game/opening the notepad doc as administrator maybe. I haven't come across this before myself.

Yeah there's an actual player editior on the main screen when you first log into the game. Will show every player and you can edit their stats and ratings on that screen

Finally about to play with this list for the first tie. A huge thank you to you, haydo169 for all the hard work you've put into them. :)

Does anyone at all have a working copy of the game they can send me would really love to play when I get my laptop back from the doctors

Started a career with Brisbane to really test myself given their list quality. First season I finished 14th after winning 6 games. Managed to trade in Armitage, Kreuzer, Corey Ellis, Chris Yarran and traded out some of the deadwood and players with poor potentials for picks, and got Michael Hurley in the PSD.

Really wanted another Ruckman to partner Kreuzer in the draft, and the two best players in the draft were Ruckman. Luckily enough, Adelaide (Pick 3 had an elite FS midfielder), but Carlton made an absolute howler with a father-son (player with an overall of 64 and peak of 84) and took him at 2, meaning I got the second gun ruckman.

Second season I finished with 16 wins, and second on the ladder. Made it to a Prelim and lost to West Coast who finished 1st. :)

Pretty happy so far. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I managed to exploit season 2's Salary Cap issues and now havea very strong starting lineup for the Lions:

B: Andrews, Talia, Hanley
HB: Laird, Hurley, Paparone
C: Crisp, Rockliff, Taylor
HF: Mayes, Darling, Rich
F: Kreuzer, Schache, C. Cameron
R: K. Ellis (Draftee Ruckman), Sloane, Beams
IC: Zorko, C. Ellis, Zaharakis, Egglestone (Draftee Midfielder).

I reckon that side could push for a premiership next season. Will be in huge trouble come next season salary cap wise though. Struggled a little this season to resign them all and had to delist a couple of youngsters to fit them in.

Last edited:
Started early.

IT's always funny seeing players who are either deceased or over the age of 65 have a father and son on the list haha.

How do you edit a players info in the editor? Can't seem to do it
The info is a bit different. You can only edit their on-field stats. If you want to edit their info eg. Weight, name ect you'll have to do so in the play files section on your C drive.

The info is a bit different. You can only edit their on-field stats. If you want to edit their info eg. Weight, name ect you'll have to do so in the play files section on your C drive.
Yeah managed to figure it out last night and just changed the info of some of the Saints boys...nothing major just height/weight...I have OCD I think...lol.

Re-started a new season with the Saints and figured I'd play with the top-upped Essendon list in there...figured IRL the Bombers players like Hurley and Hooker will probably move clubs anyway.

I got through to the third round of the NAB challenge and lost to Richmond by 55 points after having beaten them by a goal 2 weeks before. Riewoldt got reported and was out for the first 4 weeks of the season for eye gouging? Unlike Nick.. lol

Round 1: St.Kilda 8.8.56 def Brisbane 6.5.41
- 39,296 showed up at the Gabba on Saturday night and we really played well without the skipper. We lead at every change and dominated contested possession 24-11, Tackles 58-37, and Clearances 15-8. 69 inside 50's for 8 goals isn't good enough however and that is probably attributed to a bit of Riewoldt missing and also our below average ball use. Armitage, Montagna and Gilbert were all prolific in the midfield with 27 possessions each but Jack Billings was BOG with 25 disposals and 3 goals. He also did his AC joint late in the last quarter and will miss 3 weeks! Played a 9.40 though he was the difference.

Round 2: St.Kilda 5.6.36 def by Adelaide 5.7.37
- Another low scoring contest but our first home game of the year and a healthy crowd of 46,596 turned up. We were down by 11 points at half time but manned an attack on the Crows in the third, leveling the scores at 34 a piece. Last quarter was a dog fight and probably the right result in the end, just disappointed we couldn't capitalize! Fisher, Steven, Webster and Gilbert dominate with 32, 29, 29, 29 disposals respectively, and for the crows Ricky Henderson was BOG with 42 possessions and a perfect 10 rating.

Round 3: St.Kilda 9.4.58 def by Gold Coast 9.11.65
- This was a disappointing performance. I thought we would've beaten the Suns in this one, we completely dominated all areas of the ground but couldn't put them away which is starting to become an issue for us early into the season. I think I may need to improve my ball use in the midfield to give our forwards good use. Aaron Hall had a monster 40 disposal game with 38 kicks! But it was Dylan Roberton for the Saints who came out as BOG with 39 possessions and 7 tackles. We led 55-52 entering the last but fell short again.

So that's it! That's all I have played through so far. I'm noticing that when you play instead of sim the scores are a lot lower but I'm okay with that, because it seems as though playing games for me gives me a better chance than simming them. I simmed a season with the Saints as a test run last night and we finished on the bottom with 2 wins. I don't think that's realistic. At least with playing I can accept the losses if we lose and feel like it's more on me.

We're 1-2 so far this year but our performance and effort has been positive. Could've easily been 3-0 with a bit of luck but that's footy!

Got Richmond at Etihad up next and we'll see how that goes. I also managed to re-sign a whole bunch of our young boys and the only players left to re-sign either are playing it year-by-year ie Riewoldt and Fisher, and others don't want to discuss their future until the end of the year. Big signings like Armo and Steven have been made though so it's really just Roo, Chips, the rookies and a few bottom feeders that are left.

Hoping to re-sign everyone and keep the group together. Build through the draft and possibly snatch up Michael Hurley in the PSD to cover the loss of Sam Fisher if he retires. Plus, Hurls was a Saints man as a kid!

Early Leaders:

Media Award
N. Fyfe 12 votes
M. Robinson 11 votes
T. Cotchin 10 votes
L. Hodge 10 votes
L. Franklin 10 votes

Coleman Medal
J. McGuiness (BRIS) - 16
J. Kennedy (WCE) - 13
C. Dixon (PORT) - 13
T. Boyd (WB) - 13
D. Petrie (NM) - 13
T. Vickery (RICH) - 13

Ladder after Round 3:

1. West Coast 3-0 131.97%
2. Richmond 2-0 128.02%
3. Collingwood 2-0 119.71%
4. Port Adelaide 2-1 114.78%
5. North Melbourne 2-1 111.86%
6. Geelong 2-1 110.21%
7. Brisbane 2-2 108.19%
8. Hawthorn 2-1 104.21%
_____
9. Western Bulldogs 2-1 99.66%
10. St.Kilda 1-2 104.90%
11. Fremantle 1-2 92.59%
12. Carlton 1-2 89.94%
13. Gold Coast 1-1 88.33%
14. Adelaide 1-2 82.31%
15. Essendon 1-2 78.92%
16. Melbourne 0-3 86.39%
17. Sydney 0-4 80.40%

Some interesting results!

Happy to post as the season progresses :)

I must be missing something, is there a link somewhere showing how to apply these changes to the game once downloaded?

Cheers :thumbsu:

I must be missing something, is there a link somewhere showing how to apply these changes to the game once downloaded?

Cheers :thumbsu:

Extract the files into C:\Program Files\Premiership Coach\Data\Base folder.

When it has been extracted, launch Premiership Coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back