#6 Daisy Pearce - Twins on The Way

If we are moving towards a woman's competition in 2017 we surely need a thread for this champion. Absolute gun of a footballer, and really is in a league of her own at times. Like Jones very much becoming the face of the club as well as the face of woman's football.

Honestly with the woman's league not far from taking off i felt she deserves he own player watch thread, but if mods disagree just merge it into the woman's team thread

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does anyone know how the player allocation/draft will work for the women's league? Is there a risk that Daisy ends up at another club if there is a draft and we don't have pick 1?

Do we need to start tanking?

Max Power 83

All Australian
Jan 24, 2012
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does anyone know how the player allocation/draft will work for the women's league? Is there a risk that Daisy ends up at another club if there is a draft and we don't have pick 1?

Do we need to start tanking?

There is an article in the HUN today that says clubs will be able to sign 2 Marquee players, and another 5 "pre-signed" players prior to the draft.
There is no way she'd end up elsewhere.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
There is an article in the HUN today that says clubs will be able to sign 2 Marquee players, and another 5 "pre-signed" players prior to the draft.
There is no way she'd end up elsewhere.
I did wonder that myself. It would be criminal if us and the Dogs were to lose some of the players we'd already put time and money into, and built a profile around, so i figured they'd need to come up with some allowances.

I did wonder that myself. It would be criminal if us and the Dogs were to lose some of the players we'd already put time and money into, and built a profile around, so i figured they'd need to come up with some allowances.
Yup. Means that other teams can do similar too with various.

The fact that Daisy is so much better than anyone else around is huge though.

You are such a sexist f#ckwit.

Daisy is THE best female footballer in the country. You and Topkent should move back to 1950 where you belong.

While I agree...ugh, here we go.

Daisy has been sensational for the club and for the game. There's a reason why she's the one fronting all the cameras and doing all the media - she's the perfect combination of face of the game and supremely skilled. We're extremely lucky to have her.

And, for what it's worth, I think she's going to go down as the first great female footballer - she'll be the Ablett of the opening years of the competition. She's seriously so much better than anyone else on the park already, and that's in an amateur-to-semi-pro exhibition setting - not in a true semi-pro comp that the women's league will be in '17.

Apr 10, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
While I agree...ugh, here we go.

I'll stop calling out their misogynist crap when they stop posting it. Kids reading this stuff need to know their outdated views are not on.

And, for what it's worth, I think she's going to go down as the first great female footballer - she'll be the Ablett of the opening years of the competition. She's seriously so much better than anyone else on the park already, and that's in an amateur-to-semi-pro exhibition setting - not in a true semi-pro comp that the women's league will be in '17.

Agreed. I think the women's Brownlow will be named after her in future.

You are such a sexist f#ckwit.

Daisy is THE best female footballer in the country. You and Topkent should move back to 1950 where you belong.

Throw your toys back in the cot. Im supportive of the womens game, i simply asked the question of where does it end?

Hardly surprising that autocol overreacted to a post tho. :D

Last edited:
Throw your toys back in cot. Im supported of the womens game, i simply asked the question of where does it end?

Hardly surprising that autocol overreact to a post tho. :D
AFL are openly talking about a mother-son and a mother-daughter rule for the future, so that's where.

AFL are openly talking about a mother-son and a mother-daughter rule for the future, so that's where.

I do read things Striker, im aware of such. I just figured for the time being couldnt we keep it all in the women's thread? But each to their own, it really doesnt bother me, i wasnt meaning to set alight autocol's short fuse knowing that he gets offended by anything and everything.

Apr 10, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Throw your toys back in cot. Im supported of the womens game, i simply asked the question of where does it end?

Where does it end? If we can't talk about the best player in the women's game then maybe the question you should be asking is "where does it start"?

The answer, I'd suggest, is that it starts with you correcting your massively sexist response to every single post in this forum that concerns women's footy. You don't support women or the women's game at all, you're either intentionally deceptive or a victim of spectacular cognitive dissonance. You actively detract from women and the women's game every time you open your mouth about it.

Like I said to Striker... as long as you're spouting sexist crap, I'll be here to call you out for it.

I do read things Striker, im aware of such. I just figured for the time being couldnt we keep it all in the women's thread? But each to their own, it really doesnt bother me, i wasnt meaning to set alight autocol's short fuse knowing that he gets offended by anything and everything.
All good, genuinely didn't know how widely that had been reported.

I think it's appropriate for her at this point. I mean, she's an option on the membership cards and shares the MFC home page with Jones.

The answer, I'd suggest, is that it starts with you correcting your massively sexist response to every single post in this forum that concerns women's footy. You don't support women or the women's game at all, you're either intentionally deceptive or a victim of spectacular cognitive dissonance. You actively detract from women and the women's game every time you open your mouth about it..

Perhaps go back and read the women's thread before you open your gob, dumbass. :$

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Throw your toys back in the cot. Im supportive of the womens game, i simply asked the question of where does it end?

I think it ends somewhere after this being separate thread-worthy and somewhere before the Auskick dad thing. I don't think this qualifies as board clutter - the woman already appears to have some genuine fans. Considering also that I anticipate a further 30 Dr Whoooooo threads about magical trade opportunities, negative nellies, something about Leicester and saying Yip at people, on balance this has to get the thumbs up. Actually, on that analysis the Auskick dad threads have some appeal.

I think it ends somewhere after this being separate thread-worthy and somewhere before the Auskick dad thing. I don't think this qualifies as board clutter - the woman already appears to have some genuine fans. Considering also that I anticipate a further 30 Dr Whoooooo threads about magical trade opportunities, negative nellies, something about Leicester and saying Yip at people, on balance this has to get the thumbs up. Actually, on that analysis the Auskick dad threads have some appeal.

No probs mate, no biggie, just figured if Daisy is worthy of her own thread then surely the other women representing the MFC are as well.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
No probs mate, no biggie, just figured if Daisy is worthy of her own thread then surely the other women representing the MFC are as well.
Oh sure, but maybe better to wait post draft to have a better handle on who they are. Also I confess for my own part even though I pretty much support in principle the women's league and anyone who wants to play in it - I haven't personally gotten around yet to checking it out so I couldn't at this point name more than a couple. I should probably address this at some stage

Last edited:
Yep i agree, but it is unknown besides Daisy who will be in the final squad until the competition is formed. I think she is worthy of her own thread hence my reason for making it, other female footballers will warrent their own threads too once we establish who are in our team

Back