WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last year in Div 3 Tarneit, Wyndham Suns and Lavo all had a thirds team rotated through games like that. Was great for the blokes struggling to get ressies games while keeping them relatively match fit in that environment.
Good to see West announced Shane Lucas as coach today, we need as many teams as possible in Div 2

Caroline Springs playing Hlllside this Thursday night at Nth Sunshines ground. 7:30 start. Lake "could" be playing.
Bar & canteen open..

Went and watched some of the Albanvale v Heights game last night. One of the locals told me that they were playing for the "Jason Karim Cup".

Heights played a full reserves side in the first half and brought on 18 seniors in the second half. Albanvale seemed to play more of a mixed side all the way through the game (hard to be certain though as I dont know all of their players).

Albanvale dominated the first half. Watched the 3rd qtr and Heights won that. I left at 3 qtr time but have since heard that the lights went out in the last qtr. Words has it that it was the man himself Jason Karim who pulled the plug on the lights as he wasn't risking having to present the cup to the Dragons.

Went and watched some of the Albanvale v Heights game last night. One of the locals told me that they were playing for the "Jason Karim Cup".

Heights played a full reserves side in the first half and brought on 18 seniors in the second half. Albanvale seemed to play more of a mixed side all the way through the game (hard to be certain though as I dont know all of their players).

Albanvale dominated the first half. Watched the 3rd qtr and Heights won that. I left at 3 qtr time but have since heard that the lights went out in the last qtr. Words has it that it was the man himself Jason Karim who pulled the plug on the lights as he wasn't risking having to present the cup to the Dragons.

Haha would have been honoured to present a cup in my name lol, spewing I couldn't play or even get down for a look, the joys of having a newborn at home :)
I hear it was a good hit out, we did have a mixed bag of 18s res and senior players, we were trying to get 50 odd players a run in 1 game off footy..
Got a couple praccys coming up in a few weeks so see how we travelling then..

Made my way up to Sunshine to watch Hillside v Caroline Springs practice match. There was no scoreboard operating but I think Hillside won by around 5 goals but I'm not sure of the official margin.

The game was played at a very fast tempo and was a very physical game. There was a few scuffles and the game was stopped with 2 mins left by the umpires after a little push & shove. There was nothing untoward just a physical game.

Conditions were slippery due to constant drizzle for 3 quarters. Hillside looked very good and moved the ball well. They seemed very fit and had some strong bodies. Big Mo didn't play but not sure who else was missing. If there younger players can continue to grow and they afford to play Bertolli and Coletta up forward, they will be very competitive. Both kids seemed to have added some muscle and when Bertolli was delivering the ball lace up to the forwards they looked very dangerous.

For Caroline Springs Brian Lake played just under 3 quarters most roaming around CHB. He was directing the backline and involved in everything and not holding back. Must of had 15-20 possessions till half time. I heard he was on the drink all week in the Carlton Draught tour, so a great effort by Brian to even get out there. He seems very committed which is great to see, and playing local footy for the right reasons.

Caroline Springs were a very small side with a couple of strongly built forwards. But they were very fit and quick as well. They did play with 17 players for part of the 3rd quarter so there effort was pretty good. If Lake can be used as a forward they will be up there at the pointy end, as Lake will absolutely dominate that comp.

I must mention the umpires did a great job under the conditions and controlled the game well. One was a recent ex player who should be doing premier this season which is a bonus for the EDFL.

G'day guys,
Just moved this side of town from the inner south east due to family reasons. Looking for a club I can play regular senior footy at with a strong culture on and off field. Last year I played majority premierU/19s in the vafa and managed 2 senior A grade games. Really looking for a club where I can look at consistent senior footy. Thanks in advance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day guys,
Just moved this side of town from the inner south east due to family reasons. Looking for a club I can play regular senior footy at with a strong culture on and off field. Last year I played majority premierU/19s in the vafa and managed 2 senior A grade games. Really looking for a club where I can look at consistent senior footy. Thanks in advance

Hey Smitta, I'm not sure if this is seroius but if so, you will be inundated with offers if your played A Grade Ammos.

Good luck pal..

G'day guys,

As you live in Yarraville, try Spotswood (Div 1) or Yarraville Seddon Eagles (Div 2).

If you say so..wouldn't really worry about that result mate. we obviously want to make finals, with a lot of hard work and a bit of luck I think this is an achievable goal
Knocking off the Titans would be a good start, im sure they took a bit out of it and would be happy. Did the Cobras beat sunny heights when yas played or did the div 3 side get the better of yas there to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back