Kooley

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
out west
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
arsenal
I assume that is Daryl Quon. Turned up to play in a seconds game at Nth Sunshine pissed. Greg Miller told him to go home. His misses then proceeded to abuse Miller. She was pushing a pram and puffing on a ciggie with snivering Daryl in tow.

When Quonny played in the seniors at the start of the year (he wasn't a footballers bootlace) he stuffed a handball and Rhys-Jones said "we should have a team rule, don't give the ball to Quonny" Gold.

The same game he was dragged and he cracked the sulks and wouldn't come back onto the ground. At the end of the game he grabbed his potato machine he was going use to make bake potatoes with for a club function got in his car and burned out of the carpark and went home to his caravan in Hoppers Crossing. He was a class act.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I assume that is Daryl Quon. Turned up to play in a seconds game at Nth Sunshine pissed. Greg Miller told him to go home. His misses then proceeded to abuse Miller. She was pushing a pram and puffing on a ciggie with snivering Daryl in tow.

When Quonny played in the seniors at the start of the year (he wasn't a footballers bootlace) he stuffed a handball and Rhys-Jones said "we should have a team rule, don't give the ball to Quonny" Gold.

The same game he was dragged and he cracked the sulks and wouldn't come back onto the ground. At the end of the game he grabbed his potato machine he was going use to make bake potatoes with for a club function got in his car and burned out of the carpark and went home to his caravan in Hoppers Crossing. He was a class act.

This is hilarious. Anyone have any more info on this club? It's a shame something like this couldn't be done today

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
2001 was officially named Kensington hill.

They played at JJ holland park in flemington (the ground just behind south Kensington station on the Werribee line)

They had tryouts at etihad stadium and also tryouts in Western Australia and south australia.

They had a reserves side too. One of the players went on to appear on the tv show big brother.

It was season 2001 they finished 3rd or 4th and made the grand final and won.

That was basically then end of the show.

They sold there jumpers for $50 and had a official website.

Craig Hutchinson created the concept of the show.

There's a fair few clips on YouTube of the show.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I spoke to one the players that was the show at a local footy game in Ballarat last year, "Dizzy" Lynch. He was voted of the show mid year.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I auditioned for it at Etihad. About 10,000 people rocked up and I sat around all day until interviewed by Tim Watson and two other producer types, then you got to go on the field but all I did was this beep test with 200 other people and got tripped over and missed the beep... what a s**t day that was!

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dont know how The Rock, Fridge & Chubb made it onto the show if yous did the beep test haha

Haha yeah I was puzzled too but I think they mixed it up between gun players and 'characters'. As I remember the players who won them games got little or no airtime while the fat pricks who couldn't play starred on the show...

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
From memory, the old FDL (now WRFL) were very hesitant admitting the "club" to the league because of the novelty factor and believing it would not last (spot on). Don't think they intended fielding a reserves side initially but FDL insisted. In the end, got a few of the FDL clubs out of the financial mire due to the "fans" that turned up and it was a bit of fun while it lasted. Not sure how long after the GF that Ch7 pulled the pin but the FDL did not expect them to front up the next year.

For the record they easily beat North Footscray in the Div 2 GF at Whitten and Flemington Juniors are now the only footy club playing at JJ Holland.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Assuming you've seen all these?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hammerheads2002/videos?nohtml5=False

I reckon he'd be bound to have copies of all the full episodes, the clips look like VHS rips so he'd had to have got them from somewhere.

I was actually the one who uploaded all them haha

I only have 4 episodes I think. Two of which were mine that mum taped back in 02 and the other two episodes were from a random lady who seen an ad I put in the herald sun "desperately seeking" page a few years back.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was actually the one who uploaded all them haha

I only have 4 episodes I think. Two of which were mine that mum taped back in 02 and the other two episodes were from a random lady who seen an ad I put in the herald sun "desperately seeking" page a few years back.

Out of interest why does it mean so much to you?

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
Hehe. My step brother was in the show (Joel). He was the one who broke his arm when falling off the horse.

Back