Probably getting in early with the easiest most obvious toast of all time.

But my god what a player we have gotten here.
He is a beast, strong, competitive and explosive..
43 disposals.... 21 contested :eek:

And even though he gave that free away for cracking the shits at the umpire I actually think he almost lifted another gear after that, I said to my missus that he is playing angry now.. ripped a couple of clearances out, took some fantastic contested marks and unfortunately missed, and basically was a huge part in us putting them away at the end.
Of course he was a huge part of us being in front at all.

Out and out superstar... just wait till Joel is fit and up and running with him

( I know there is the trade thread still mods and if you want to merge no stress, I just figure that deals with his past and us getting him... this is about him as a Cat)

Last edited:

sauron256

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Taz
AFL Club
Geelong
Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
He's a professional, but I can't help but think he's been bleeding blue and white these past few years, just counting down the days until he could pull on the Hoops and do us proud.

Broke Greg Williams long standing record of most possessions in debut for the club, too.

Scary good to think he has room to improve on today's effort.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Time to get it trending.

#PFD
pfd.gif

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
He is literally a game changer... just listened to Matty Lloyd..talk about what we are going to miss in the next two drafts? What? In terms of big name recruit...this is our biggest since Polly.

It's basically two middle of the road first round picks. Milera (Pick 11 last year) and it will be a pick in the teens this year.

Ottens was traded for that. End result to Richmond was Meyer and Pattinson.

Ablett compo was similar. End result to Geelong was Caddy and Smedts.

You take the proven elite player every day of the week. Draft picks are magic beans.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
He is literally a game changer... just listened to Matty Lloyd..talk about what we are going to miss in the next two drafts? What? In terms of big name recruit...this is our biggest since Polly.
I'm sorry, but Matty Lloyd has no clue on this topic clearly. Danger is the best contested player in the league, which was a clear deficiency of ours. When you combine Zac Smith with Dangerfield in the middle, along with alowing Blicavs to be the big run with midfielder to shutdown and block the oppositions best midfielder, we are now the Clearance Kings of the AFL.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It's fascinating checking on the Hawthorn board... a change in laundry and Dangerfield is suddenly the most arrogant w***er to ever play the game. And a sook and cheat. And yet they never said that of him at Adelaide... almost like we're under their skins again. I won't pop over and bring up Sam Mitchell and the time he told a (Hawthorn supporting, Indian born) nurse that he'd "prefer a white one". Wouldn't want to sully their visions of sainthood against our horrid demon team.

Adelaide board. Fun times. Some are now reaching the acceptance stage.
I just have returned from there... their non Crows AFL discussion thread went up 13(!!) pages during todays game alone

To say there is a bit of salt there is an understatement.... it wasn't really a good game because he missed those goals and had too many handballs apparently. :rolleyes:

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
I think I saw him. He wore #37 right? I'll watch more keenly next time.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
It's basically two middle of the road first round picks. Milera (Pick 11 last year) and it will be a pick in the teens this year.

Ottens was traded for that. End result to Richmond was Meyer and Pattinson.

Ablett compo was similar. End result to Geelong was Caddy and Smedts.

You take the proven elite player every day of the week. Draft picks are magic beans.

Pretty much it , although its not as clear as always go the mature known player. Its hard to gauge what GC would have had to pay..but has it worked for them?
But your point is valid , and Lloyd has little or no knowledge of young players..basically if you are not in the best 20 kids , in your draft year then your kids are sus... well it doesn't work like that. Look at the names in our side and where they came from.

Cockatoo ... P10
Gregson .... P47
Lang.......... P16
Kolo........... P41
Thurlow...... P16
Murdoch..... P48
McCarthy.... P66
Bews (FS)...P86
Blitz...........P54 (eleR)
Guthrie.......P23

One draft has already gone... out of the 7 drafted names from 2015..there are a couple that have a good chance of making it..History says that its not always the R1 picks that make it anyway. Gardner,Menegola,Buzza,Hayball,Cornell,Parsons,Ruggles... get 1 or 2 from this group and we are on track with other years when we had our R1 pick....and this doesn't take into account what we can trade for ..its possible to get an R1 at years end anyway.

Cronin

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
I just have returned from there... their non Crows AFL discussion thread went up 13(!!) pages during todays game alone

To say there is a bit of salt there is an understatement.... it wasn't really a good game because he missed those goals and had too many handballs apparently. :rolleyes:
Whatever 'melts' we get on this board, it's NOTHING compared to what Adelaide supporters are going to have to endure all season and it makes me feel happy inside:D

Back