Preview Changes for Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a shame Blakely isn't fit. With Mundy withdrawing from the game it would have presented the club with an interesting selection dilemma. His selection ahead of Mz might have proved that the club is embracing youth, his non-selection might have indicated that Connor is not rated as highly within the club as he is with us supporters. To me, Connor would have been the obvious replacement for Mundy.
Isn't Connor injury need two week to heal. He is out of last week wafl too.

really hoping both Micky B and Suban have decent games. Micky B is obviously much more of an important player, but Suban just has too much of a tendency to go missing at times, and at his best he does contribute significantly to the team. Will also be interesting to see how Suban goes as he is undoubtably going to cop some serious flak from the West Toast supporters. stand up Subes, don't go missing.

Nah Tucker is as outside player as it gets.
Not sure that's true. He's certainly better as an outside player currently but he's been good in a contest in his junior years as well - Jetta would is a better example of as outside as it gets. As much as we'll start him on the outside at half back or on the wing, I think he also has the potential to be an inside line breaker. I'm actually a little surprised he isn't on debut this week. A derby first game would have surely been something memorable and have him marked as an adopted West Aussie. I thought he was ready, selectors obviously think he isn't quite yet. Maybe he'll get to debut in front of the family over East instead?

Yes, but you cannot open it. It may only be used to gesticulate madly at umpires and opposition players. On the other hand if you are watching the game from the comfort of your lounge room feel free to open it.
Are you going to Mandurah or stay at home? Since I know you are normally regular for wafl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that's true. He's certainly better as an outside player currently but he's been good in a contest in his junior years as well - Jetta would is a better example of as outside as it gets. As much as we'll start him on the outside at half back or on the wing, I think he also has the potential to be an inside line breaker. I'm actually a little surprised he isn't on debut this week. A derby first game would have surely been something memorable and have him marked as an adopted West Aussie. I thought he was ready, selectors obviously think he isn't quite yet. Maybe he'll get to debut in front of the family over East instead?

It's true

Not sure where you got your info from but he really struggled playing as a midfielder in the TAC cup. His lack of ball winning ability is the reason why he dropped so low in the draft. It's been outlined by himself as an area where he needs to improve.

It's true

Not sure where you got your info from but he really struggled playing as a midfielder in the TAC cup. His lack of ball winning ability is the reason why he dropped so low in the draft. It's been outlined by himself as an area where he needs to improve.
Fair enough. I thought consistency was the problem and not so much his capability but stand corrected if that wasn't the case. He averaged about 9 contested possessions per game in TAC which is above average for a midfielder and well above average for a defender. However in his six U18 matches he was pretty ordinary in the contest in comparison but he did excel on the outside. Regardless I still think given his body size and shape, athleticism and clean hands he could become a good inside player with AFL coaching if we wanted. Although Balic might be an even better candidate assuming his wrist is ok. Other than Blakely do we have anyone else in the works for an inside role currently?

Fair enough. I thought consistency was the problem and not so much his capability but stand corrected if that wasn't the case. He averaged about 9 contested possessions per game in TAC which is above average for a midfielder and well above average for a defender. However in his six U18 matches he was pretty ordinary in the contest in comparison but he did excel on the outside. Regardless I still think given his body size and shape, athleticism and clean hands he could become a good inside player with AFL coaching if we wanted. Although Balic might be an even better candidate assuming his wrist is ok. Other than Blakely do we have anyone else in the works for an inside role currently?

Why does he have to play inside?

Where the game is going he can have some serious influence as a link up across half back. We need some good ball users off half back and hopefully he can give us that moving forward, even in the short term.

Just saw a news update: Docker's blow - Mundy out and another star in doubt.

Might just be fear mongering to attract viewers - or maybe they're using 'star' in the typical journo sense meaning someone like Suban.

Just saw a news update: Docker's blow - Mundy out and another star in doubt.

Might just be fear mongering to attract viewers - or maybe they're using 'star' in the typical journo sense meaning someone like Suban.
Fyfe maybe ,bookie heaven.

I would really like to see Tucker get the gig over Mz. He has great disposal , has the build for it and can kick goals. Let's see if we have any more late changes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back