Toast Alex Pearce the defender

I think we will find Alex Pearce can play as a small forward.
We've got to get a little more realistic about the level of his talent.

If he plays down back he will be very good, anywhere else he will be run of the mill.

freddieflintoff

Senior List
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he plays down back he will be very good, anywhere else he will be run of the mill.
Obviously don't rate him. Other than back? Let's move him on then ? We're in great position at the moment. Might as well send Weller back to tassie with him. 14 game player who has had to play back, ruck and forward. Agree would like to see him settle but he's doing what the team needs. His effort and will to contest should be wake up call to others who look like they can't give a stuff or aren't up to it? ?

Obviously don't rate him. Other than back? Let's move him on then ? We're in great position at the moment. Might as well send Weller back to tassie with him. 14 game player who has had to play back, ruck and forward. Agree would like to see him settle but he's doing what the team needs. His effort and will to contest should be wake up call to others who look like they can't give a stuff or aren't up to it? ?

I'm not sure where u get all that from mate? I rate him very highly, I just think he looks so comfortable down back and that's where he should be settled. I Think he's ab AA defender in time & if thats he helps the team most long term that's where we should be seeing him play.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ap can play anywhere he want end of story . no what position is best for him play him freestyle and based on his instict.

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ap can play anywhere he want end of story . no what position is best for him play him freestyle and based on his instict.

Should not play in the ruck, to easy to get injured. Should concentrate on back line only now it's his best position. Dawson, mj and Alex should be the three talls every week.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Guy is a 200cm utility. Freakishly good for his size. Needs to start holding a few more marks & tidy the kicking but he is a gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily our most exciting draftee since Fyfe. Size, speed, skill, nous, temperament, raw athleticism- he's the real deal. Would prefer for him to stick to the one craft for the time being (defender) but eventually he's going to be a potent swingman, will make guys like Carlisle and Westhoff look like chumps.

The_Flood

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does a lot of things right. There's a post game interview with him on Docker TV, handles himself very well in front of the mike and seems very determined

freddieflintoff

Senior List
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is his ball drop though (like MJ) holds the point of the footy, looks awful.
Run of the mill if not playing back. Better than Tabs because Tabs apparently hopeless, and his ball drop awful. Anything positive about the kid ? Put him up for trade then. Betcha plenty interested.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Run of the mill if not playing back. Better than Tabs because Tabs apparently hopeless, and his ball drop awful. Anything positive about the kid ? Put him up for trade then. Betcha plenty interested.
Are you even reading his posts?

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Alex deserves alllll the toast threads. He's been thrown in the deep end so much for Freo in his short career so far, and it's super impressive to see how he shouldered the load over the weekend after Sandi went down. Loved seeing this photo too: AP > NN

428390.jpg

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Alex deserves alllll the toast threads. He's been thrown in the deep end so much for Freo in his short career so far, and it's super impressive to see how he shouldered the load over the weekend after Sandi went down. Loved seeing this photo too: AP > NN

428390.jpg
Yeah kudos to the young fella.

428390.jpg
Is NN punching himself in his face?

Back