Analysis Danger + Kerridge VS Milera + Menzel + Gore

winning

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh but that's just a bitter Crows supporters' view.

Any side (ours included) would've done what Geelong did.

We only made it work because we hit Wayne Milera. We'd look like right d1cks if we drafted a pleb.
Why is he bitter? It's a fair point really

Kerridge is not a great footballer - he is an exceptional athlete. He is nowhere near Sloane. Full stop. Apart from his games against North where he cropped up a couple of times, when did he ever impress? He is middle of the road at best.

I don't think anyone is bagging Geelong for being happy with Dangerfield. They wanted contested ball winners - they wanted more centre clearances. PD to a tee ... and they got him cheaper than we were paying him. I don't think we would have ever pushed him out if he hadn't wanted to leave ... but I reckon a team like Hawthorn would have put him out for sale. If they couldn't get him to be a benefit for the team, they would have moved him on and brought in players that did. It's that attitude that Blight brought into Adelaide in his time here. If they don't fit the system ... move them on for players that do.

And finally ... this idea that Adelaide cannot be a better team without PD? Why not? Why is that so hard to consider?

Kerridge will or already is a good player. Unfortunately he was always injured at the wrong time for us. Plus we have so many players that can pay his role. Hope he wins your bnf ... but if he does.. it says alot about your list.

Sloane is a gun kerridge simply hasn't got the talent to be a 'Sloane type' (top ten to twenty player in other words), you're underating our boy a little I think.
Matt Crouch gets labeled the next Sam Mitchell, Troy Menzel the Crows Chad Wingard, Brad Crouch will be better than Dangerfield, Milera the next McCleod.
Heaven forbid if someone says they hope Kerridge becomes a Sloan 'Type' (not Sloane quality, just capable of Sloane type output)

Last edited:
Matt Crouch gets labeled the next Sam Mitchell, Troy Menzel the Crows Chad Wingard, Brad Crouch will be better than Dangerfield, Milera the next McCleod.
Heaven forbid if someone says they hope Kerridge becomes a Sloan 'Type' (not Sloane quality, just capable of Sloane type output)
Im questioning the part where Kerridge improves 5 percent and becomes a Sloane Type, that last 5 per cent must contain a lot of talent
And I'll chuck in the part that he's capable of kicking multiple goals week in week out, even the best mids in the comp struggle to do that.
What is a Sloane type anyways? there's only one Rory...no wait there's 3:)

Each of those guys have a bit more than 5 percent to catch up on

Im questioning the part where Kerridge improves 5 percent and becomes a Sloane Type, that last 5 per cent must contain a lot of talent
And I'll chuck in the part that he's capable of kicking multiple goals week in week out, even the best mids in the comp struggle to do that.
What is a Sloane type anyways? there's only one Rory...no wait there's 3:)

If Kerridge improves by 5% on his current output, he becomes a 24 possession per game goal kicking mid who can defend as well as attack.
In my opinion these are the players who aren't your 'first mid types' but are crucial to having a good midfield. Jordan Lewis, Michael Barlow, Rory Sloane, Steele Sidebottom, Mitch Wallis, Brad Ebert, Tom Mitchell, Bernie Vince come to mind.

If Kerridge improves by 5% on his current output, he becomes a 24 possession per game goal kicking mid who can defend as well as attack.
In my opinion these are the players who aren't your 'first mid types' but are crucial to having a good midfield. Jordan Lewis, Michael Barlow, Rory Sloane, Steele Sidebottom, Mitch Wallis, Brad Ebert, Tom Mitchell, Bernie Vince come to mind.
I have a lot of time for Kerridge, was sad to see him go. To say he cant improve is nonsense. Hope he has a great career for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we somehow manage to get Heppell or Hurley as a DFA would it be Heppell/Hurley + Milera + Menzel + Gore because we got him using Dangerfields money. I would vote yes because we would not have the money if danger was still here.

If we somehow manage to get Heppell or Hurley as a DFA would it be Heppell/Hurley + Milera + Menzel + Gore because we got him using Dangerfields money. I would vote yes because we would not have the money if danger was still here.

This.

I have always said this. The "cap space" component is always ignored in these scenarios. We get a gun free agent and suddenly we are huge winners.

This.

I have always said this. The "cap space" component is always ignored in these scenarios. We get a gun free agent and suddenly we are huge winners.
Yep. If we manage to get Heppell we pretty much got Milera for free because I honestly think that Heppell's class will suit our team better than Dangerfields aggressive style.

Kerridge is ok and will give his all every week, but he is a long way off those other names you have mentioned

Kerridge is ok and will give his all every week, but he is a long way off those other names you have mentioned

Not premature statement
Sam Kerridge has had good games for Crows and been playing good for Blues so far.
Dean Gore hasn't debuted yet
Wayne only few games in and Troy up and down last few years

I think all these names right now are on par. If we are putting it on potential measures then different story but even then all 4 on par. Not like Kerridge is 30. Drafted a year earlier than Troy

Not premature statement
Sam Kerridge has had good games for Crows and been playing good for Blues so far.

I think all these names right now are on par. If we are putting it on potential measures then different story but even then all 4 on par. Not like Kerridge is 30. Drafted a year earlier than Troy
Kedge is a good solid blue collar footballer, and I think perfectly suited to what the blues need. The Blues are at a stage where solid performers are more important than x-factor. We have plenty of Blue collar but lacked the run and X-factor to put the cream on the cake. I think once fit Menzel will give us just that. I think in the end The Menzel/Kedge trade will be one of those win/wins for both clubs.

Not premature statement

On performance to date: Kedge > Menzel > Milera > Gore

On potential: Menzel ~ Milera > Kedge > Gore

It comes into play. With Tippett's cap space we got Betts and some $300k left over. That's a superstar and a very solid player. If we get Hurley with Danger money then it definitely comes into play. Even if you don't include the cap space we will do well out of it in the long run. Milera and Menzel alone are both A grade talents.

Back