Brooke Cotchin's Instagram post

The herald sun didn't even interview her to create a story, instead just copied her Instagram post lol it's so easy to be a journalist now
Yep, they get paid more than me and I work my ass off, they just sit on theirs trawling the net.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
He's the single most underrated player in the league at the moment. It's really weird how media hyperbole gets out of hand these days. He's been a gun for the last 3 seasons yet I've heard nothing but criticism because he hasn't backed up his 2012 season. Even now he's still playing well. He was easily our best last week and dominated the contested ball/clearances against the Pies and Eagles, he just used it a bit sloppily last night.

It's like a few years ago when everyone kept banging on about how selfish Jack was, yet he finished 1st in the entire AFL for assists. Don't let reality get in the way of a good story. You make one criticism of someone and it just snowballs out of control. Like Nathan Jones being underrated, Bryce Gibbs being a soft utensil, Conca being fat, etc

Jesus wept...

Holy *. Of all the things that happened in the entire world today the Herald Sun thought this is of most interest to the public. That is really, really sad when you think about it. What a disgusting reflection on both the Herald Sun and our society in general.

Last edited:
I just don't get why this is front page news. Do they not realise there was other teams playing today, shouldn't one or two of them be more important than Richmond. I actually don't blame opposition supporters for hating Richmond, their team does good, yay, oh hold on Richmond lost, that's more important.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
He's the single most underrated player in the league at the moment. It's really weird how media hyperbole gets out of hand these days. He's been a gun for the last 3 seasons yet I've heard nothing but criticism because he hasn't backed up his 2012 season. Even now he's still playing well. He was easily our best last week and dominated the contested ball/clearances against the Pies and Eagles, he just used it a bit sloppily last night.

It's like a few years ago when everyone kept banging on about how selfish Jack was, yet he finished 1st in the entire AFL for assists. Don't let reality get in the way of a good story. You make one criticism of someone and it just snowballs out of control. Like Nathan Jones being underrated, Bryce Gibbs being a soft utensil, Conca being fat, etc

Holy ****. Of all the things that happened in the entire world today the Herald Sun thought this is of most interest to the public. That is really, really sad when you think about it. What a disgusting reflection on both the Herald Sun and our society in general.
Are you ******* kidding. Thats the front page. wtf.
And * herald sun, the instagram post was just showing her support for her husband and they make it look like shes trying to defend for him.
There sure as hell better actually be an "exclusive interview", because none of the s**t writen on the front page was said in the post.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Not to mention we get the bottom of the back page too!
"Tiger rebuild has failed"

We had half of the back page of last Sundays aswell!
I would love to see the sales figures, they must go up 100% when Richmond is somewhere on the front or back because they keep posting absolute ******* rubbish about us year in year out.

It actually is bordering on bullying at the moment. How can one organisation be targeted so violently by a group of people, we're freaking well behaved compared to some other clubs, the Dusty thing was the only blip on our radar and only because the 'media' blew it way out of proportion.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
This Richmond obsession by the media has now spiralled out of control, it's almost like they have made it their agenda to **** over Richmond as much as possible due to being completely embarrassed with their over reaction to the Dusty non issue before Christmas.
Richmond on a run, build us up, up, up, up until we get crushed under the weight of expectations and then bag the s**t out of us as we fall.
As an added bonus all the positive media makes opposition supporters sick of seeing s**t about us (understandably), so then they want us to fail and we get the s**t trolled out of us when we do. Thanks media!

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
It actually is bordering on bullying at the moment. How can one organisation be targeted so violently by a group of people, we're freaking well behaved compared to some other clubs, the Dusty thing was the only blip on our radar and only because the 'media' blew it way out of proportion.
And don't forget that we will be the topic of discussion on those Monday gossip shows again.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Love this from the Age.

"The final margin was even flattering for the Tigers.
Two of those Richmond goals were kicked only because West Coast defenders – Josh Hill and Jackson Nelson – fumbled deep in defence, and Lambert and Daniel Rioli were in the right place at the right time."
Yeh? And how many Eagles goals were "only" kicked because of our errors?"

After the collingwood game from the Age again.
"Only 13 of Cotchin's 38 disposals against Collingwood were contested, and he didn't lay a tackle. His contested-ball percentage of 39 in 2016 is his lowest since his second AFL season of 2009 and he ranks No.1 at Richmond for handball receives, averaging twice as many as last year, all hallmarks of a more "outside" player."
Lmao. He had the most contested possessions in the game that week. But because he also got lots of uncontested ones apparently thats a bad thing.
guess he shouldve just got his 13 contested possessions and done nothing else, then he would've had that sweet 100% CP rate. ******* garbage.
Gets shat on because hes doing 2 roles.

Love this from the Age.

"The final margin was even flattering for the Tigers.
Two of those Richmond goals were kicked only because West Coast defenders – Josh Hill and Jackson Nelson – fumbled deep in defence, and Lambert and Daniel Rioli were in the right place at the right time."
Yeh? And how many Eagles goals were "only" kicked because of our errors?"

After the collingwood game from the Age again.
"Only 13 of Cotchin's 38 disposals against Collingwood were contested, and he didn't lay a tackle. His contested-ball percentage of 39 in 2016 is his lowest since his second AFL season of 2009 and he ranks No.1 at Richmond for handball receives, averaging twice as many as last year, all hallmarks of a more "outside" player."
Lmao. He had the most contested possessions in the game that week. But because he also got lots of uncontested ones apparently thats a bad thing.
guess he shouldve just got his 13 contested possessions and done nothing else, then he would've had that sweet 100% CP rate. ******* garbage.
Gets shat on because hes doing 2 roles.
The Collingwood game or this game were not his best games, I get that and get why people are frustrated, what pisses me off are the people saying he doesn't try his heart out for this team week after week, you can see how much of a toll it's taken on him, the media don't help at all. Having said that I bet the person being hardest on himself is Trent Cotchin though.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
The Collingwood game or this game were not his best games, I get that and get why people are frustrated, what pisses me off are the people saying he doesn't try his heart out for this team week after week, you can see how much of a toll it's taken on him, the media don't help at all. Having said that I bet the person being hardest on himself is Trent Cotchin though.
You have been sucked in by media , his only errors against West Coast happened with his first couple of possessions where he tried to invent something out of nothing . The rest of the game he was extremely good .
Long if all people took it upon himself to criticise his disposal and kept reflecting on those first couple .
Would go as far to say it would not surprise me if he is leading the Jack Dyer at this stage.

I just don't get why this is front page news. Do they not realise there was other teams playing today, shouldn't one or two of them be more important than Richmond. I actually don't blame opposition supporters for hating Richmond, their team does good, yay, oh hold on Richmond lost, that's more important.

Plus there was an earthquake in Japan and 60mins crew are still in jail though an Instragram by Cotchin's wife is more important...stupid newspaper

You have been sucked in by media , his only errors against West Coast happened with his first couple of possessions where he tried to invent something out of nothing . The rest of the game he was extremely good .
Long if all people took it upon himself to criticise his disposal and kept reflecting on those first couple .
Would go as far to say it would not surprise me if he is leading the Jack Dyer at this stage.

Maybe I am, who knows, all I saw on Friday night was a stressed out guy who was trying to do something but no one else in our midfield was helping him out so it didn't actually look like a good game.

When I watch the game on television all the person who watches with me does is bag Trent Cotchin, and he's a Richmond fan, a lot of the arguments I have with my dad while watching is because I always find something to defend Cotch about, He's my favourite player and I just couldn't find much to defend on Friday night that's all, maybe that's because no one else seemed to know what he was trying to do and it made him look worse than he actually was.

Having said that it also wouldn't surprise me if he were leading the Jack Dyer.

Plus there was an earthquake in Japan and 60mins crew are still in jail though an Instragram by Cotchin's wife is more important...stupid newspaper
You'd think either of those things would be front page news. Lol Herald Sun, delivering quality journalism to the masses.

Jusinta Campbell copped a bucketing when she came out in support of Buddy and also Goodes when he was booed. There are a lot of arseholes in this world.
Never been Franklin's biggest fan, despite the fact he generally does nothing against us lol, or Goodes' biggest fan but I felt so bad for Jesinta both times. She was supporting the man she loves and a friend of hers and she gets caned for it, guess people like Jesinta and Brooke are not allowed to support their friends and loved one's anymore.

Back