Analysis Danger + Kerridge VS Milera + Menzel + Gore

winning

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion guys, but I was just wondering how Menzel was travelling ?

Obviously hasn't played a game in the seniors yet but how is his form in the SANFL, will he be looked to for a senior game soon ?

Sorry for the intrusion guys, but I was just wondering how Menzel was travelling ?

Obviously hasn't played a game in the seniors yet but how is his form in the SANFL, will he be looked to for a senior game soon ?

Round 1 - 14 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 7 Marks, 2.1
Round 2 - 11 Kisks, 5 Handballs, 6 Marks, 1.1
ROund 3 - 13 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 7 Marks, 1.0

Playing mainly HF/Wing

No injuries to the side atm besides Crouch so needs to await his chance.

One thing I use to see was Dangerfield, Lynch and to a lesser extent Jenkins chatting, joking and laughing as the team did their pre-game warm up, I hated it last year when we were having trouble with slow starts because it felt like they weren't thinking about the game. Hasn't been an issue this year.

Round 1 - 14 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 7 Marks, 2.1
Round 2 - 11 Kisks, 5 Handballs, 6 Marks, 1.1
ROund 3 - 13 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 7 Marks, 1.0

Playing mainly HF/Wing

No injuries to the side atm besides Crouch so needs to await his chance.

Thanks crows dude - those stats seem reasonably good, I would imagine he will be considered when as you mentioned injuries occur or when you play the Blues & need to rest some of the Crows better players :$

By all reports he's actually looked better than his stats suggest.

Interesting - he always seemed a conditional player at Carlton, some might argue that it was due to the environment, with Adelaide's leadership group being very strong I think this will help build him into a quality player.

Thanks crows dude - those stats seem reasonably good, I would imagine he will be considered when as you mentioned injuries occur or when you play the Blues & need to rest some of the Crows better players :$
Wouldn't take any game lightly;). Carlton seem to be competing quite well. How have you found it and Bolton?

Wouldn't take any game lightly;). Carlton seem to be competing quite well. How have you found it and Bolton?

I really like what Bolton has brought to the club & his ability to teach the players both old & young.

I have some friends who know him reasonably well & apparently he is a stand up bloke, which doesn't really count for anything in the business of AFL, but hopefully that personality reflects through to the players.

We're losing this deal badly at the moment.

At the moment yes, most certainly. The one thing I like about this deal, noting there's plenty to hate, is that we do have the opportunity to come out on top, or at least equal. Both Milera and Menzel have genuine A-Grade/Elite potential, if we end up with 10+ A-Grade years from both, hell even just the one, we're not looking so bad.

For the first couple of years, Carlton looked to have clearly won out on the Chris Judd trade, now West Coast are sitting pretty on that one.

We were always getting reamed on this one, anyone who thinks/thought otherwise is a fool, at least we've managed to salvage a couple of players out of the deal with real long term potential.

2/3 of the way through the season, i have little doubt we are a better team without Danger.

It's funny, I too genuinely believe this.

Dangerfield would not be particularly good at playing this gameplan.

Whether we've "won" the trade, not this year, but we'll review in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your aim in list management is to increase merch sales OR make the 8, I reckon you are in the wrong game :)

Ps - or work for Richmond
He has been a massive win for them even if they dont win the flag. 2016 was looking like a poor year and they have traded their way back into flag possiblities.
He came to their side for 400k less than he could have got on the open market and has been a promotional wonder for them. Believe it or not clubs like players like him that can bring supporters to the ground, members to sign up and bring in cash from Merch sales.
Look how our club has played up on the cult of Eddie.
It was a massive get for them that has paid off big time.

The only thing that will save us in this trade will be how Milera develops.

Gore is as slow as molasses and I don't really see him getting a game anytime soon unless we're riddled with injuries. He doesn't look to be a bad player, but slow mids ARE something that we have plenty of so he's definitely surplus to our needs at the moment.

Menzel definitely has the potential to be something, I actually expected him to get a run later in the season at the expense of McGovern, but after his concussion it most probably won't be happening this year.

Last edited:
Its an interesting discussion, there is a lot of critiscm atm from numerous people that Geelong are to reliant on danger and its affecting their performance, not sure if I buy into that!

Back