Future picks protection

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea, but it doesn't sound right to me. It's makes it too easy to take advantage of and encourages tanking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop doubting Treloars worth, he is a Jet not every top 5 draft pick becomes a good player yet alone a great like this kid is destined for. If only we develop better team unison and plan to utilize him to his full potential.

So we could've potentially traded the number 1 draft pick for Treloar as well as last years first round pick. Wow.
Yep. And it was the same possibility when we entered into the trade last year. Stop sooking.

Stop doubting Treloars worth, he is a Jet not every top 5 draft pick becomes a good player yet alone a great like this kid is destined for. If only we develop better team unison and plan to utilize him to his full potential.

Top 5 picks are never Busts anymore as well

Its the gamble our club chose to make and we have to pay the price if we don't perform. I was and still are happy that we have Treloar. As bad as we have started the season god knows what the past 4 games would have been like without him.

Its upto the playing group to get their heads into gear and the coaches to lift their game and we can restore this thing. We don't just drop off like this, it's not right and it's not Collingwood.

Ummm there has been plenty of bust top 5 picks over the years and plenty more that become nothing more then average footballers which is what i said.

Name 1 that was not Injured that was picked Recently?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toumpas had had Hip Injury. Right about Plowman and Buntine. But that is just 2

Throw in Cale Morton and Jarrad Grant. It certainly isn't a large number, but busts do happen and injuries can totally ruin the development of others.

Of course a top 5 pick this year will mean we paid overs slightly, but I'm still totally comfortable with the decision.

Throw in Cale Morton and Jarrad Grant. It certainly isn't a large number, but busts do happen and injuries can totally ruin the development of others.

Of course a top 5 pick this year will mean we paid overs slightly, but I'm still totally comfortable with the decision.

Morton and Grant was 10-11 years ago

Here's some stats for you.

In the current team, where the ball and goals are hard to find, Treloar has averaged 30 disposals, 4.5 marks, 4.9 tackles and .5 goals.

Pretty good stats considering the circumstances. There is something really special about this kid and you can bet your house on him becoming one of the stars of the AFL. Only in his 4th year and coming off a limited preseason.

Name 1 that was not Injured that was picked Recently?

It is to early to judge any of the top 5 from the last 4 years but plenty are showing potential to be spuds Jarred Pickett, O'rourke, Toumpas, Sam Day. If you go back to a stage where you can actually judge their career there are some doozys.... Cale Mortan, Jarrad Grant, Richard Tambling, Farren Ray plenty more average players.

So it appears that the pick is not protected :( I retract what I said in the GameDay thread...

Still, we have a second round pick that we can tank hard for :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back