Future picks protection

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if this were a possibility I'd rather we left it to handout clubs like Melbourne/Brisbane/Sydney. We made a deal and shouldn't expect to be able to go back on it because the terms no longer suit us

Last edited:
You'd give away Aish Degoey (who will be star) freeman and Shaz for Treloar? Worst post I've ever read. Club would be under performing for 10 years

Worst post you've ever read...... Hmmm... You quite obviously don't proof read your own.

DeGoey should be a great player - agree. But it isn't set in stone. Whose to say Shaz will ever come good (i.e. Rustling), and Aish is still an unknown quantity. I say again, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

You are a bit of a "This is what will happen" without any actual knowledge of what will happen past what any of us can see. So great, make your predictions... and if you get them right, then be a hindsight hero like you also enjoy being quite regularly. But don't come on here and say that getting Treloar was a mistake. The kid has better stats than Gaz junior at the same age and would be almost leading the Copeland.

Harsh on Freeman and Schaz because of Injuries. Both be nice In the Side with what they Both Offer

I'm not saying they're bad players.... I'm saying That Treloar has already played more games for us than both Shaz and Freeman combined, or close to. I would love a fit freeman and shaz in the team - but that again proves my point; they're not in the team cause they're injured, thus making our 2 top ten picks virtually useless. Meanwhile people are saying that coughing up 2 top picks for a dead set, proven gun is a bad call? Where's the logic?

why? Don't trust Hine with the picks anymore? Two low picks and he can't find them?
Just keep a lid on the negative drivel for a moment, I understand it's the only way you can get attention but I'm prepared to answer you without it

The kid is averaging plus 30 in losing teams and is our best player and just turned 23, your question is idiotic

Just keep a lid on the negative drivel for a moment, I understand it's the only way you can get attention but I'm prepared to answer you without it

The kid is averaging plus 30 in losing teams and is our best player and just turned 23, your question is idiotic
Hi Bucksboys.

Bye Bucksboys.

Lol

So we could've potentially traded the number 1 draft pick for Treloar as well as last years first round pick. Wow.

Looks that way. Because we're well on our way to the number 1 draft pick.

GWS would be laughing their heads off at making the 8 and still scoring the number 1 pick. They'll be trading partners for life with us after the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Surely drafting sharenberg and freeman at 5 and 10 shows how fickle picks can be

Or that our recruiting isn't as good as we thought?

Cripps went at 13 that year. Just saying.

Looks that way. Because we're well on our way to the number 1 draft pick.

GWS would be laughing their heads off at making the 8 and still scoring the number 1 pick. They'll be trading partners for life with us after the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Or that our recruiting isn't as good as we thought?

Cripps went at 13 that year. Just saying.
We know Cripps went at 13. For all we know though, Berg and Freeman may have performed just as well as him barring injury.

It's unfair to label it bad recruiting when the recruits get cursed with injuries. It's not like Hine has a frigging crystal ball to tell him who is going to get ACL or chronic soft tissue injuries...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do people forget that we also got pick 28 with Treloar, who i might add would be leading our best and fairest at the moment. i would take that trade deal again, any day of the week.

do people forget that we also got pick 28 with Treloar, who i might add would be leading our best and fairest at the moment. i would take that trade deal again, any day of the week.
Pick 28 last year, yes, which was used in the Aish trade IIRC.

Pick 28 last year, yes, which was used in the Aish trade IIRC.

I think the most people would take Aish again if they had two second rounders, particularly after astute judges after last weeks game.

Treloar is worth 2 top 10 picks. But giving up a top 5 would hurt. But still Treloar is a truly exceptional player.

I'll admit, giving up a top 5 and a further top 10 is big. But Treloar is a dead set gun. The other thing is, imagine if we hadn't have done the deal and ended up top four this year? People would be pasting "Why didn't we do the deal with GWS FFS Bucks + Hine you suck" all over the place. Flip... They took a risk, and I think we're going to come out on top long term and short term!

I'll admit, giving up a top 5 and a further top 10 is big. But Treloar is a dead set gun. The other thing is, imagine if we hadn't have done the deal and ended up top four this year? People would be pasting "Why didn't we do the deal with GWS FFS Bucks + Hine you suck" all over the place. Flip... They took a risk, and I think we're going to come out on top long term and short term!

Pendles chuggers won't like this but I reckon he is already the best player we have 4 games in and he has still got 200 games in him touch wood. Not that many top 5 picks are Brownlow calibre but Treloar is.

Treloar is worth 2 top 10 picks. But giving up a top 5 would hurt. But still Treloar is a truly exceptional player.

Agree. IF GWS get a simmlar pick to this year. It be a Fair trade but in top 5 they might be getting better end of the Deal

Not sure how Berg is in any way relevant to Toumpas, who actually has significant exposed AFL form.
Exactly right. Toumpass had a hip injury in his draft year. I really can't see how it has affected him until this day. He has shown a little bit at the Power but for a number 4 pick 4 years ago he should be dominating games. I can't see him being more than a avg player at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back