Autopsy Andy_Mac's insights on Goodwin - 'Ask Andy'

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Going to address the elephant in the room here, Andy_Mac any questions about Hogans contract?
Yeah...

All he said was that it's up to the MFC to get Jessie to understand that through perseverance and togetherness he will experience the greatest reward. That's how the Hawthorn analogy came to pass. Had a big grin on his face. What ever that meant.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah...

All he said was that it's up to the MFC to get Jessie to understand that through perseverance and togetherness he will experience the greatest reward. That's how the Hawthorn analogy came to pass. Had a big grin on his face. What ever that meant.

Thanks! Don't post this on demonland though, you'll get a dozen questions on what type of smile it was and where was he standing in the room at the time.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also to add on to what Goodwin was saying about the 'perseverance and togetherness', it honestly does feel like the club and players are on a mission. Every time I hear an interview with a player or coach they really give that vibe.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I reckon we've got one in Hunt too - electric speed, has defended well and seems to be able to impact the contest at ground level and in the air.

Good kicking technique, just needs to improve composure
Yes sir, love the kid.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Thanks! Don't post this on demonland though, you'll get a dozen questions on what type of smile it was and where was he standing in the room at the time.
Don't start. I put one post on Demonland ever. And I should have known better because I had lurked their briefly, but long enough to surely get a sense of chaos and madness. I post one innocuous thing and got half a dozen replies, one after the other, from a lunatic that thought that I needed Jesus in my life. Spookiest place I have seen. Anyone curious about what the fringe of society looks like - by all means have a look. Otherwise...

*shudders*

Haven't seen Wied mentioned for 3 pages. Might be better to continue this in the General MFC discussion thread.

Or start an Andy_Mac q&a thread and I can move these posts there later.

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
Andy, with the emergence of Hunt & Wagner (Funk & Wagnall??), do they plan to move Salem into the midfield at some stage? And what do they think of White?
When you say Neeld "physiologically" damaged the players, do you mean "psychologically"? And is he happy with Watts so far this year? Did he mention why he was dropped for Rd 23?

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Andy, with the emergence of Hunt & Wagner (Funk & Wagnall??), do they plan to move Salem into the midfield at some stage? And what do they think of White?
When you say Neeld "physiologically" damaged the players, do you mean "psychologically"? And is he happy with Watts so far this year? Did he mention why he was dropped for Rd 23?
Not sure on Salem. Although the funk and wagnall sounds classic.

psychologically, yes sorry.

Very happy with Watts. Said he has been doing extra sessions all preseason on being stronger over the ball and in contests. Only week he didn't do it was before the Essendon game. He's said Jack like so many others has to be methodical in their approach as its not yet instinctive. Next year they want his playing weight at 96-97kgs.

He kept saying we're building from the contest out. If you're not tough at the contest you're not in the side. I assume that's what happened in R23.

StevieRay23

Debutant
Jul 1, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was awesome, you missed out. Me and 2 others got to spend 15-20 mins with prior just shooting the breeze. It was like fast money on sale of the century...

- Spencer is only a week away. But depth is a worry in the Ruck. King needs to put 20kg's on, they aim for 7 per year
- Neeld physiologically damaged the players, particularly Watts. He needs to be constantly reassured, high 5's etc
- Roo's going to Hawaii for 6 months and undecided after that. Most likely not coming back in a footy role
- club went very hard after Brendan McCarthy. Goody rates him as the best in the country at what he does
- Truck is arrogant, but in a good way. He thought he should have been playing since round 1. Goody said he's way to good for the VFL. He said he's like a panther out there. Said he plays like a mixture of Stringer up forward and Ebert through the middle. He'll play forward and kick goals this year. If he could choose only one of Hoges and Truck, he'd pick Hoges but only cause he hasn't seen Truck at AFL level yet. That said he did almost smirk and giggle when he said Hoges is very very good.
- explained the Essendon game well. He said "all club have s**t days at the office", especially inexperienced ones like ours. he said the difference between us and Geelong who were in the same position as us against the bombers last weekend was that their senior players know how to grit their teeth and wait, and more importantly trust that momentum will shift and when it does take you take your chances and bury the oppo. We hit the lead at the 10min mark of the last. He said he expected us to kick 2-3 more and kill the game, we got over excited and blew it, the cats didn't. That's were the 80 games comes into it
- they internally really rate Wagner and Hunt. He kept saying we found one on the weekend when referring to Hunt
- Had some interesting things to say on his time at Essendon and more so how removed Hirdy is now. But that's not relevant.

Ask what you like, we talked about pretty much everything.

Any discussion on Melksham? How he's going mentally and physically?

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Andy, intriguing insights. Any discussion on Lynden Dunn and his early omission? Also, how do they see ANB, JKH, Stretch evolving?
They want one of ANB, JKH or Stretch to evole into a Charizard. The hope was all three but at least one of them.

omit

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
They want one of ANB, JKH or Stretch to evole into a Charizard. The hope was all three but at least one of them.
Don't these guys know anything about team composition? Stacking entirely with fire type is a sure way to get destroyed. All it takes is someone to come along with a single Blastoise and the game is over.

Amateurs

Haven't seen Wied mentioned for 3 pages. Might be better to continue this in the General MFC discussion thread.

Or start an Andy_Mac q&a thread and I can move these posts there later.

"Ask Andy" sounds better, for mine.

Was waiting on the new thread, but i'm going to ask anyway. Andy_Mac was anything mentioned on Dunn being dropped from the vice captain role?

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was waiting on the new thread, but i'm going to ask anyway. Andy_Mac was anything mentioned on Dunn being dropped from the vice captain role?
Yeah they cleared the deck of all roles except Jones because they didn't feel the existing leadership group was exisiting the type of qualities they were looking for. Ie winning from the contest out

1MFC

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Melbourne didn't want him to. He's working in building for six months and away from footy and then he'll restart his training program mid year.

tomcruise

the cruisemeister
Feb 23, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not a fan of that crap about Watts needing high 5's being aired like this. In a private conversation outside the club or secondhand on a public footy forum.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not a fan of that crap about Watts needing high 5's being aired like this. In a private conversation outside the club or secondhand on a public footy forum.

What was the point of having a chat then ? Would prefer a bunch of meaningless s**t cliches like 'I have faith in the direction of the club' and crap like that

Back