Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Rightio... following Stanley's demo job on Lobbe last night, I thought this would be an interesting thread topic.

- I thought we got absolutely stiffed in the Stanley-Christensen-Pick 21 swap, and that a 24-year-old StKilda reject had nothing to offer a club with finals aspirations

- I thought Mitch Brown would be a very good AFL-standard third tall defender or Tom Lynch-style forward

- I thought there was no way we would be able to match Collingwood for the next five years following the 2010 demolition job

- I thought David Spriggs and David Clarke were the best prospects in that promising early-2000s side

- I thought Moloney and Prismall would come back to really burn us, but that Ryan Gamble would prove to be a spud.

Who else? I'm awaiting for mea culpa regarding the supposedly useless Guthrie and Blicavs...

A few (unnamed posters) on here are utterly incapable of contributing to this thread.

You should name them. Much more gutsy than taking anonymous potshots.

I'd need a week to list all mine. I challenge anyone to top my certain 'will make it' quinella of Kane Tenace and Charlie Gardiner though.

I'd need a week to list all mine. I challenge anyone to top my certain 'will make it' quinella of Kane Tenace and Charlie Gardiner though.
I thought Henry Playfair would make it as a Brad Miller-esque functional, strong, unspectacular CHF...

I think they know who they are.

I wanted Robert Walls to replace Bomber Thompson. //I win. End thread.

He played good football there in the first half of 2005.
I remember that he did particularly well in one close-fought game against Adelaide, but got injured halfway through it and was never really the same.

Charlie G also had one game that smelt of turning point against the Dogs at Kardinia around the same time, I thought he might be ok after that but then it was back to being ineffectual again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps. I dislike innuendo and bullshit. To me if you've got a problem with people have the guts to say so.

Mate, I don't have a problem with it. I'm not losing any sleep over it. It's just an observation.

Btw, I don't think it takes "guts" to name someone in a forum where I don't know anyone and furthermore will never meet anyone. If anything it's gutless to name them.

Wow. I don't want to hog this thread, but have had a few doozies.

Mitch Brown- felt he was a victim of injuries and timing, but the major hurt he has inflicted on us since his departure was his role in Thurlow's injury, iirc.

Ryan Gamble- thought he would be a loss.

Tim Callan, Will Slade, Jason Davenport, D Clarke jnr- rated all of them.

Varcoe, Mark Blake- still rate them.

Dawson Simpson- was convinced he would solve our ruck issues.

GAJ- was utterly convinced he could/would never leave Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back