Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

They really have.

Have a read of social media, listen to the radio, switch on the TV......Hawthorn have head*ed everyone.

Credit where it's due, you just know that when Hawthorn is mentioned in footy media, there's 15,000+ separate blokes, in loungerooms around the country, mumbling under their breath with disdain "bloody Hawthorn".
No one wants to see Hawthorn win another flag, they don't want to see Hawthorn win another game....hell, they seemingly lose their s**t even when Hawthorn get a legitimate free-kick.

Whether it be a reference to the "good bloke" Hodge in every second thread on bigfooty, some whinging about umpire favouritism on SEN or the continual need to relate every single reportable offence to what Hodge, Lake or Lewis have done in the past....the so called 'neutral' supporters have been completely head*ed by our dominance, and now they can't stand both watching us win more games, nor get due credit for our performances.

Right now, if you head to the main board, you'll find a thread dedicated to Rance's hit on Watts, but inside that thread, you'll be hard pressed to read half a page without mention of Hodge or Hawthorn. It's amusing, but they're head*ed.

Similarly, if you venture onto the Umpires board, Hawthorn is a real conversation starter for those who love a good slab of tinfoil wrapped around their ears.
Some genuinely believe the AFL have set out to gift Hawthorn 4 flags in a row.....which is mind numbingly stupid, but to these twits, completely and utterly what is happening "right in front of me". They're head*ed.

Travel back to the main board, and any thread regarding Hawthorn will soon have an influx of posters complaining about how Hawthorn are being spoken about positively, or that Hawthorn posters are insufferable and how they've had a gutful of it. They're completely head*ed.

Of course, there'll also be the consistent theme of "that Hawthorn bloke isn't really any good, it's just his teammates making him look good" that's become such a constant over the last 5 years, and this is unlikely to cease until those players are no longer running around tearing other teams a new a-hole each week.

It probably goes without saying, that a few of our favourites, the Geelong supporters, have gone to a whole new level of being completely and utterly obsessed by Hawthorn over the last few years, throwing in cheapies about pretty much every topic that I've highlighted above and right now they've started to bristle at the thought of our youngsters stepping up in the future.

So heres to Hawthorn, and their ability to not only win games and premierships, but completely head* an entire league of opposition supporters along the way.

Long may it continue. :D

It's no longer Collingwood the most hated, it's us
I had this very same thought yesterday, we've seen a turning point.

Collingwood are too beige to hate, we're the Bogey-man now! Abasi is 100% correct, they're all now desperate to see us go down, by any means, logical or completely batshit crazy

hahahahaha...oh, the salt. Dave Hughes a perfect microcosm of the angry, braying, head*ed hordes :D:D:D

I liken it to the EPL when MU were winning everything. Everyone who doesn't support them is just crying out for them to fall over.
People are sick of us.

I think we actually broke the minds of the footballing public on Friday, just like this:

XWOuu8G.gif

... they're all now desperate to see us go down, by any means, logical or completely batshit crazy.
Reminds me of Robbo on AFL360 last year, claiming that Taylor Adam's dropping of the knees into an opponent's head was the sort of thing needed to be considered by a team in order to compete with Hawthorn.

Head*ed.*

*or drunk.

They really have.

Have a read of social media, listen to the radio, switch on the TV......Hawthorn have head****ed everyone.

Credit where it's due, you just know that when Hawthorn is mentioned in footy media, there's 15,000+ separate blokes, in loungerooms around the country, mumbling under their breath with disdain "bloody Hawthorn".
No one wants to see Hawthorn win another flag, they don't want to see Hawthorn win another game....hell, they seemingly lose their s**t even when Hawthorn get a legitimate free-kick.

Whether it be a reference to the "good bloke" Hodge in every second thread on bigfooty, some whinging about umpire favouritism on SEN or the continual need to relate every single reportable offence to what Hodge, Lake or Lewis have done in the past....the so called 'neutral' supporters have been completely head****ed by our dominance, and now they can't stand both watching us win more games, nor get due credit for our performances.

Right now, if you head to the main board, you'll find a thread dedicated to Rance's hit on Watts, but inside that thread, you'll be hard pressed to read half a page without mention of Hodge or Hawthorn. It's amusing, but they're head****ed.

Similarly, if you venture onto the Umpires board, Hawthorn is a real conversation starter for those who love a good slab of tinfoil wrapped around their ears.
Some genuinely believe the AFL have set out to gift Hawthorn 4 flags in a row.....which is mind numbingly stupid, but to these twits, completely and utterly what is happening "right in front of me". They're head****ed.

Travel back to the main board, and any thread regarding Hawthorn will soon have an influx of posters complaining about how Hawthorn are being spoken about positively, or that Hawthorn posters are insufferable and how they've had a gutful of it. They're completely head****ed.

Of course, there'll also be the consistent theme of "that Hawthorn bloke isn't really any good, it's just his teammates making him look good" that's become such a constant over the last 5 years, and this is unlikely to cease until those players are no longer running around tearing other teams a new a-hole each week.

It probably goes without saying, that a few of our favourites, the Geelong supporters, have gone to a whole new level of being completely and utterly obsessed by Hawthorn over the last few years, throwing in cheapies about pretty much every topic that I've highlighted above and right now they've started to bristle at the thought of our youngsters stepping up in the future.

So heres to Hawthorn, and their ability to not only win games and premierships, but completely head**** an entire league of opposition supporters along the way.

Long may it continue. :D
Brilliant. I couldn't agree more. There's not a neutral supporter in the land who want to see another Hawk win let alone another flag. I've taken great joy in reading some of the posts on the main board and it just makes me smile. Our friends down the highway have had a big brown and gold colored chip on their shoulder for some time and had multiple hawthorn based threads running during the pre season...... but this has tipped them right over the edge. It's awesome. '08 GF combined with '13 prelim has left such deep psychological scars that I'm not sure some of them will ever recover..... it's beeeeeeeeeeeautiful.

Geelong supporters are a gift. Years of cultivating their hate. You can never wash off the stink of '08.

In the last three weeks we've knocked off three teams considered in form (and Adelaide will go top four this year) and yet we're not playing our best football. Not close.

The umpiring stuff is hilarious. Embrace it.

Yep, the good old Aussie tall poppy syndrome reaching unprecedented levels of utterly irrational ridiculousness. It's hard not to feel a little outraged when you read some of the comments, by posters and people on social media driven out of their minds by jealousy. But ultimately all you can do is just laugh and watch another premiership DVD...

Reminds me of Robbo on AFL360 last year, claiming that Taylor Adam's dropping of the knees into an opponent's head was the sort of thing needed to be considered by a team in order to compete with Hawthorn.

Head****ed.*

*or drunk.

In Robbo's "Things I Like and Dislike after 27 Beers" column today, he had this to say about Burgoyne:

"So much has been said about Cyril Rioli not fumbling and getting the ball to Sam Mitchell, who squeezed the kick to Paul Puopolo, who was fortunate to get a free kick for in the back because he went to ground and Brodie Smith did all he could not to fall on him. Anyway, it all started with Burgoyne’s crunching tackle which enabled Rioli to win the loose ball."

Mind you, all credit to Robbo for being able to see the keyboard in his state.

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly cannot believe the crap about the umpiring, let's try and highlight one free kick late in the game (that wasn't even a free kick) and then claim Hawthorn are being gifted games.

Let's not talk about every dubious free kick given to the opposition during the course of the game as it doesn't suit the narrative.

I thought it was just the unwashed masses but you turn on the radio and all the media personalities are banging on about Smith should have been done for Holding the ball.

Let's not focus on Hawthorn winning the game from the impossible position.

Clowns!!

I just love it how our club just keeps mum. It infuriates the media even more. I did love the the nice dig on twitter on Sat - "keep strong". It was like a big indirect "up your arse" to the envious.

What had me in stitches on watching the replay was Duck almost squealing and appealing for 50 for somene too close on the mark. It was like "mummy, mummy, please.. please".

The confirmation bias is huge in the media at the minute. Let's turn the screws further on the weekend and drive them into insanity the jealous bastards.

I see the Hawks vs Adelaide gameday thread has reached 112 pages (of which 110 pages are about the umpiring).
Most gameday threads are around 25 pages.

The funny part is that the umpiring BS starts before the game had even started.

Hilarious.

I guess the Essendrug* thing is slowly petering out, so the frustrations of the unrequited and unwashed supporters have found a new target.

Geelong supporters are a gift. Years of cultivating their hate. You can never wash off the stink of '08.

In the last three weeks we've knocked off three teams considered in form (and Adelaide will go top four this year) and yet we're not playing our best football. Not close.

The umpiring stuff is hilarious. Embrace it.

I don't blame them. Geelong is like an unsuccessful older brother who year after year would come home to the Christmas family reunion proudly showing his achievements. Beaming happily and lapping up the accolades. But before he can hear the "Wow! Three flags? That's a great achievement Catty. I'm so proud of you" that he so desperately wants to hear from Ma and Pa, the younger and infinitely more successful brother rocks up in his Harley Davidson with three babes hanging off his shoulder to casually throw down his 3 premierships in a row and become the life and talk of the party.

Forever in our shadow Geelong. I can talk about this subject forever but I think this song sums it up best.

Geelong is forever number two. No shame in that though because we will always be number one.

In Robbo's "Things I Like and Dislike after 27 Beers" column today, he had this to say about Burgoyne:

"So much has been said about Cyril Rioli not fumbling and getting the ball to Sam Mitchell, who squeezed the kick to Paul Puopolo, who was fortunate to get a free kick for in the back because he went to ground and Brodie Smith did all he could not to fall on him. Anyway, it all started with Burgoyne’s crunching tackle which enabled Rioli to win the loose ball."

Mind you, all credit to Robbo for being able to see the keyboard in his state.

;)

That is just a terribly contructed paragraph. He's a journo ffs, chief at the HS! :eek:

I think the constant references to the guy being drunk are a little unfair, he is just a mind blowingly stupid man.

I don't blame them. Geelong is like an unsuccessful older brother who year after year would come home to the Christmas family reunion proudly showing his achievements. Beaming happily and lapping up the accolades. But before he can hear the "Wow! Three flags? That's a great achievement Catty. I'm so proud of you" that he so desperately wants to hear from Ma and Pa, the younger and infinitely more successful brother rocks up in his Harley Davidson with three babes hanging off his shoulder to casually throw down his 3 premierships in a row and become the life and talk of the party.

Forever in our shadow Geelong. I can talk about this subject forever but I think this song sums it up best.

Geelong is forever number two. No shame in that though because we will always be number one.

Lulza.

Times have changed. I recall just over a decade ago, there was a team named Brisbane Lions taking all before them and winning three flags in a row. The media loved them, and so they should have. They were a great team to watch and set the standard for the rest of the competition. I recall how I wanted them to win the 2004 flag so I could see history being made with 4 flags, equalling Collingwood 1927-30.

I have always enjoyed the great clubs in great eras. Some of those Richmond teams in the 1960s and 70s were so powerful and it was incredible to watch. Even the Carlton teams (I'm not keen on Carlton) in the 70s and early 80s made the game great to watch. I was so fortunate to be a Hawthorn fan in the 1980s.

This is why it disappoints me to see all the negativity towards our club when our only "crime" has been to be as good as we possibly could be in accordance with AFL rules. It has become obvious that opposition supporters don't appreciate the great teams any more, all they want to do is whinge, criticise, and just plain hate.

IMHO, supporters don't enjoy the game like we used to 30 years ago. Back then it was tribalism on a Saturday but after the match you had a beer and got on with the rest of your life. These days it's football 24/7, even when it's not even football season. It's not part of peoples' lives now, it IS their life. You only have to read endless posts complaining about no football on Good Friday to realise some people have nothing else in their lives except football. I find it all very unhealthy to be honest.

Add to this, the number of posters you read saying how much they hate a team because they cost them on their footy tips or betting. How pathetic is that?

I touched on this in another thread, but a huge part of the problem I see is the football media. 30 years ago, people wrote about the games, the champions, the positives that came from football. These days it is all so aggressive and negative with journos forever looking for the controversial, always looking for ways to bite the hand that feeds them.

On TV, there's always a panel of around 4 or more people sitting around, all searching for something to say to justify their own existence when only 2 people would suffice. They have nothing better to do but to question just about every umpiring decision made over 100 minutes of football. What else is there for them to crap on about? The best football show ever was on a Saturday night called the Winners. Just one man sitting there reviewing the round of matches, it was fantastic. No bullshit, no comedians, just all highlights and discussion on the games.

Football is an emotional game, and supporters do not need being wound up by commentators seeking to be controversial. Commentators should be banned from commenting on umpiring, especially when most of them have spent the past 2 hours correcting their own decisions after watching replays.

It is the media who are responsible for the ridiculous way in which we support the game in the 21st century. It is the media who have the average football fan in a lather screaming about unfair treatment from umpires, hating opposition teams and players, etc. I hope they're proud of themselves.

Last edited:
Paul Puopolo, who was fortunate to get a free kick for in the back because he went to ground and Brodie Smith did all he could not to fall on him.
;)

Since when did making the effort NOT to give away a free come into it? FACT: Smith DID fall on him, and he DID push him in the back. That's a free 10 times out of 10. Slobbo's an idiot. Do we start paying marks to players who didn't mean to drop the ball? Do we give goals to players who didn't mean to miss?

Journos are just so ridiculously stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back