Blaming Umpires For A Loss

From an opposition supporter's point of view, 'free kick Hawthorn' becoming a meme is great because you know the umps will start second guessing everything now :p
Yep and by mid to late season they'll be screwing us over so badly (and their reviews will support that they are now getting decisions consistently wrong) that they'll then readjust too far the other way and end up actually favouring us in finals. Then you'll all be upset again but for actual favouritism this time, but it will have all been of your own doing. :cool:

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep and by mid to late season they'll be screwing us over so badly (and their reviews will support that they are now getting decisions consistently wrong) that they'll then readjust too far the other way and end up actually favouring us in finals. Then you'll all be upset again but for actual favouritism this time, but it will have all been of your own doing. :cool:
Those evil Hawks bastards!!!

Me too

image.jpeg

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Lmao, just watched the non-call at the end of the game again. Are you kidding? Thats what people are complaining about.
That is NEVER called. He got tackles as soon as he landed and had no prior. They don't even call ball when you do have prior these days.
I'm sure if you went back and re-watched the game you could find 10+ examples of tackles more deserving to be holding the ball that weren't called.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Lmao, just watched the non-call at the end of the game again. Are you kidding? Thats what people are complaining about.
That is NEVER called. He got tackles as soon as he landed and had no prior. They don't even call ball when you do have prior these days.

I said the exact same thing a little earlier in this thread. Couldn't believe that's what people are going bananas about. That *stick Carey and his gal-pals at Channel 7 just trying to drive some talking points. Tossers.

Only reason everyone is jumping up and down about it is because they want to see us go down. That's about it.

I said the exact same thing a little earlier in this thread. Couldn't believe that's what people are going bananas about. That ****stick Carey and his gal-pals at Channel 7 just trying to drive some talking points. Tossers.

Only reason everyone is jumping up and down about it is because they want to see us go down. That's about it.
When people were referencing the "Smith non-call" I assumed they meant Brodie Smith had been infringed at some point in the last couple minutes. It wasn't until the footage started coming out did I realise. That's how much of a nothing that was.

Most insular organisation in the league defends own poor performance, news at 11

So they were wrong when they said the ump made a mistake in the Saints game re: not 15

This is all so confusing

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Most insular organisation in the league defends own poor performance, news at 11

So they were wrong when they said the ump made a mistake in the Saints game re: not 15

This is all so confusing

Agreed. I thought social media was meant to be the home of clarity and common sense.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
LOL, you are still this salty.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I do think its hilarious the attenmtion being drawn into this, loving the FB memes that are popping up every ten minutes and the AFL trying to throw cold water over the whole thing, it certainly gathered a bit of momentum. Love it when the AFL seem helpless to stop it, with the way social media is these days. Dont you just find social media an interesting part of life where if you throw enough s**t some of it sticks!

Will see what happens next I guess!

Yes, but I do think its hilarious the attenmtion being drawn into this, loving the FB memes that are popping up every ten minutes and the AFL trying to throw cold water over the whole thing, it certainly gathered a bit of momentum. Love it when the AFL seem helpless to stop it, with the way social media is these days. Dont you just find social media an interesting part of life where if you throw enough s**t some of it sticks!

Will see what happens next I guess!
Plz continue, your thoughts about social media are very interesting.

Ohhhh I'm evil sorry bigfooty.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Umpires coach said they got it right
haven't looked at the incident and don't care, but may I make two points to be lost in the weird thread:

The umpires 'coach' has no credibility - it is a paid political position within the AFL held by a list of yes men of the past years. So lets dismiss that.
Umpires do make mistakes - many of late - and they can and do influence results. The AFL PR machine does not want this discussed so it is regularly closed down. I suggest every time the old laws of the game are reinterpreted for PR value umpires get it wrong more and lost sight of other laws by concentrating on the new.

Not much has changed - but closed communities don't improve.

haven't looked at the incident and don't care, but may I make two points to be lost in the weird thread:

The umpires 'coach' has no credibility - it is a paid political position within the AFL held by a list of yes men of the past years. So lets dismiss that.
Umpires do make mistakes - many of late - and they can and do influence results. The AFL PR machine does not want this discussed so it is regularly closed down. I suggest every time the old laws of the game are reinterpreted for PR value umpires get it wrong more and lost sight of other laws by concentrating on the new.

Agree 100% some of the calls Hawks got late against saints and Crows where very lucky, they can come out and say they where there or not but the whole situation fells to wishie washie. First time I've commented on them on bigfooty, if I was on the receiving end I wouldn't be happy.

Infact I have been these types of situations, they're not new to the game.

The rest is entirely PR bullshit, to quiet down the masses.

But I find this whole thing so humerus just how far some people have moved to the left. It's a conspiracy now..... Hahaha

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yep. In the same way the MRP generally gauges the outrage in the media before they assign penalties.

Back