Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are irrational.

The only other time I've heard of anything here was 15 years ago.
And he did smash my window. I assume he took gold coins. No idea. It was 6am when it happened.
But I also didn't leave any stuff in the car.

The other night.

The prick went past our house (we're almost at the end of the court). Shined the torch and went to the front door.
Lifted the bike and put it out front.

Then went checking cars. Came over to my neighbours who has two mercs. Almost grabbed the handle and saw the cameras. (He has 5 at the front)

Then went back and grabbed the bike.
Dickhead couldn't even change the gears properly as he rode off. lol.
There's a stolen, presumably, bike in our local park- been there 2 nights?? Good condition. Weird.

My sister/mum both live in Grovedale - pretty safe, but I'd be wanting to lock up there.
My niece has just bought in Belmont, nice place, good street, runs into the shopping area, but again, wouldn't trust not locking up.
Used to run around Wandana Hts and Highton- probably a bit safer ??
We're in outer east Melbourne, 20+ Km from Melbourne. We get crazies knocking on our doors after midnight if the lights are on asking what the name of our street is, really just checking that I was home... scary.

My sister/mum both live in Grovedale - pretty safe, but I'd be wanting to lock up there.
My niece has just bought in Belmont, nice place, good street, runs into the shopping area, but again, wouldn't trust not locking up.
Used to run around Wandana Hts and Highton- probably a bit safer ??
Well I'm in Highton, up in the hills. Pretty safe is an understatement.

There's a stolen, presumably, bike in our local park- been there 2 nights?? Good condition. Weird.
Mate. I've done the drive around, trust me.

I think there's about 6 parks here. I'll be doing that again, and cash converters.

Well I'm in Highton, up in the hills. Pretty safe is an understatement.
Great spot. Envy plus.
I used to attend this orphanage called St Catherines, which was also for day kids, our closest Mick Primary school, and this is now the gateway to Wandana Heights. Love Highton. Spent many years on the Highton tennis courts as a youth. Better than out on the streets.

We must live in the safest neighbourhood, can't recall in 20+ years ever locking the front door when we'd leave somewhere, never been robbed.

Only ever locked the house when travelling on Holidays, so there have been occasions where I've forgotten to lock the car when out and about. Just not used to it.
In my experience it can be a bit random. But ultimately being comfortable that you can leave your doors unlocked is a great mindset at the very least.

Call me a bad dad.
Just signed up my son to Auskick. And for those that don't know, you get a club shirt.

Asked my son.... What team do you want?
"Geelong"
Yeah ok, you can have Geelong, don't want something else?
"Carlton"
Errr...no, what about Richmond?
"Yeah, yeah, Richmond"

So he now has lions tops, pies, north, and tigers coming.

Yeah, yeah, shoot me.

When I grew up I saved and bought jumpers from all teams. WAFL, sanfl, VFL, I didn't care.

Any luck?
What part of Melbourne?
No, we are stuffed there.

Still irks me.

And... Taylor's lakes. Thought you knew that.
Probably sold in St. Albans for $10 of weed.

No, we are stuffed there.

Still irks me.

And... Taylor's lakes. Thought you knew that.
Probably sold in St. Albans for $10 of weed.
I had a bike stolen from home, backyard, got insurance $, and 3 months later got a call from police asking me about my bike.
A thief was caught in Clayton, running away from an attempted robbery, left my bike behind.
I'd had it engraved with some sort of ID, and a week later, had my bike back. Had to get it serviced and fumigated!, but stll use it now.
Explained that I got a bike on insurance $, and they said "so what?"

I had a bike stolen from home, backyard, got insurance $, and 3 months later got a call from police asking me about my bike.
A thief was caught in Clayton, running away from an attempted robbery, left my bike behind.
I'd had it engraved with some sort of ID, and a week later, had my bike back. Had to get it serviced and fumigated!, but stll use it now.
Explained that I got a bike on insurance $, and they said "so what?"
Coppers are good like that.
Lived with one for 5 years. Met tons of them.
All they care about is crooks.

Coppers are good like that.
Lived with one for 5 years. Met tons of them.
All they care about is crooks.
Did not know about TL. In fact, have not been there as far as I'm aware of. Some parts of Melbourne I never get to- probably same as most people. You likely rarely venture to the outer east?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not know about TL. In fact, have not been there as far as I'm aware of. Some parts of Melbourne I never get to- probably same as most people. You likely rarely venture to the outer east?
You'd be correct. I need a reason to be out there. I.e I went to a wedding out there last week.

I live a stones through from Calder raceway if you know where that is.
I'm actually about 5km south ( as the crow flys) of Melbourne airport.

I've always said people are born, live, and die in the same area.
People hardly ever swap sides of the city.
Rarely change states, and rarely change countries.

I'm sure someone has done a thesis on why that is.

You'd be correct. I need a reason to be out there. I.e I went to a wedding out there last week.

I live a stones through from Calder raceway if you know where that is.
I'm actually about 5km south ( as the crow flys) of Melbourne airport.

I've always said people are born, live, and die in the same area.
People hardly ever swap sides of the city.
Rarely change states, and rarely change countries.

I'm sure someone has done a thesis on why that is.
I was born in Geelong
Schooled in Geelong
Uni in Clayton
Training in Geelong and NZ
Work life and home outer east Melbourne
Love the Dandenongs as a past marathoner
Still live outer east.
Now that's home for me.
Dream of returning to my spiritual home Geelong, but wife not keen.
Will have to retire there specially if daughter 1 lives her dream and moves to Torquay with husband.

A bit of parental pride.

Daughter is on the school debating team.
She debated against another school tonight.

Other team said 'we're not going to let 13 year olds beat us'.
She said 'we're 12'

Daughters team won. Daughter named best debater. Good on her. She worked on it.
Next test might be partridge :)

I am so furious.

Picked up kids from school. Pulled into a servo (United) around the corner from my house.
Attendant wouldn't let me refuel until I prepaid.

At 3:45 pm!

I said 'what'?
"You prepay"
'Why?'
"I don't know you"

Well not that it matters but I've had a discussion with him previously about India for * sake.
Ive only lived here 16 years !

But again, it was 3:45 pm, not am!

So I said to him to shove it up his arse and I went to the servo across the road.
United can shove it from now on.

Going to let the kids put it on Instagram so the 2,000 kids they go to school with can spread the word.
* them.

I am so furious.

Picked up kids from school. Pulled into a servo (United) around the corner from my house.
Attendant wouldn't let me refuel until I prepaid.

At 3:45 pm!

I said 'what'?
"You prepay"
'Why?'
"I don't know you"

Well not that it matters but I've had a discussion with him previously about India for **** sake.
Ive only lived here 16 years !

But again, it was 3:45 pm, not am!

So I said to him to shove it up his arse and I went to the servo across the road.
United can shove it from now on.

Going to let the kids put it on Instagram so the 2,000 kids they go to school with can spread the word.
**** them.
Frustrating. But playing devil's advocate, I bet he has been ripped off by heaps of drive-offs, even in broad daylight.

Frustrating. But playing devil's advocate, I bet he has been ripped off by heaps of drive-offs, even in broad daylight.
Maybe. But mate. I'm 46 with two kids in the car.
3:45pm

Just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back