Podcast MMA radio

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Thought I'd share a list of shows worth checking out for those looking to go a bit deeper than the MMA hour.

Here try some of these.
Sherdog radio network . They are the first to do radio great shows like beatdown, cheap seats, press row and of course round table and beat down after the bell. You will get all there content on one podcast feed.

Heavy hands highly highly recommend this !!!! This goes into the tech aspect of striking And they really break down fights really well.

MMA junkie radio pretty fun show good guest, callers are pretty good.

Pro MMA radio larry Pepe a bit controversial very criticle of the UFC but makes some pretty good points at time.

Co main event great show with two of the better journos out there funny as well.

Any others I'll add latter

The Anik and Florian Podcast is also pretty good, so too is Luke Thomas. Luke has two, a Monday Morning Analyst and Live Chat show where he answers viewers questions. He has some annoying characteristics but I've been listening to him for years so it's bound to happen.

Last edited:
The Anik and Florian Podcast is also pretty good, so to is Luke Thomas. Luke has two, a Monday Morning Analyst and Live Chat show where he answers viewers questions. He has some annoying characteristics but I've been listening to him for years so it's bound to happen.
Forgot about anik and florian, I'll check out Thomas

I'm not huge on the MMA Hour, but I certainly see why it's popular. It's too long and drags after a short amount of time imo. I usually read the recaps and if someone is saying something interesting I'll listen to those portions. Rory MacDonald's recent interview on the MMA Hour was great. Aljamain Sterling has been interesting to listen to on there too.

Heavy Hands is my favourite MMA podcast. Most other podcasts are opinions on MMA that has very little technical analysis or interviews. This is all about fighting and technique. I don't think there's enough technical analysis in MMA; written or verbal. Heavy Hands has helped me appreciate the intricacies of striking a lot more than I had previously.

I don't listen to the sherdog stuff that much. What they do is generally really good stuff from what I've listened to though. The UFC event breakdown stuff before each card is cool. I give that a listen every now and then. The post-event one is cool too.

Have very rarely listened to MMA Junkie Radio and have never listened to Pro MMA radio. I listen to the Co-Main Event podcast from time to time. I used to listen to it every week, but it doesn't interest me as much as it used to.

I listen to some Bloodyelbow podcast/youtube things every now and then too. They have a thing similar to the pre-fight breakdowns on sherdog that they call 'Vivisections'. They're interesting. They have a post fight thing too that's pretty enjoyable called 'The 6th round'.

Listened to the Anik-Florian one once or twice. Wasn't that interesting to me. Tyron Woodley and Din Thomas have a podcast with a silly name. It's 'Morning Wood with Deez Nuts'. Listened to that once or twice. Big John McCarthy has or had a podcast. 'It's Time' I think it was called, but I didn't listen to many episodes of that either.

Luke Thomas' Live Chat was something that I was listening to often a while ago. Haven't been listening to it that much lately. Like with the CME, I don't find it as interesting as I used to. Thomas' Monday analysis show is interesting and I watch/listen to that sometimes. I've watched the MMA Beat a few times and that's pretty good.

I'm not huge on the MMA Hour, but I certainly see why it's popular. It's too long and drags after a short amount of time imo. I usually read the recaps and if someone is saying something interesting I'll listen to those portions. Rory MacDonald's recent interview on the MMA Hour was great. Aljamain Sterling has been interesting to listen to on there too.

Heavy Hands is my favourite MMA podcast. Most other podcasts are opinions on MMA that has very little technical analysis or interviews. This is all about fighting and technique. I don't think there's enough technical analysis in MMA; written or verbal. Heavy Hands has helped me appreciate the intricacies of striking a lot more than I had previously."

yes this is a gem I think you put me onto this a while ago, both of the heavy hands guys did the beatdown after the bell for the connor v diaz fight was really good.

its time was a bruce buffer podcast on sherdog no longer.

Chael Sonnen has a your Welcome podcast havnt listened to it in forever but use to be a quite entertaining.

L

yes this is a gem I think you put me onto this a while ago, both of the heavy hands guys did the beatdown after the bell for the connor v diaz fight was really good.

its time was a bruce buffer podcast on sherdog no longer.

Chael Sonnen has a your Welcome podcast havnt listened to it in forever but use to be a quite entertaining.
Yeah I listened to that episode of beatdown after the bell after Diaz/McGregor. That was fun.

Yeah you're right. It's Time is the Bruce Buffer one. Lol, got the catch phrases mixed up. The Big John McCarthy one is Let's Get it On.

No who host it ?
http://www.submissionradio.com/

Kacper Rosolowski and Denis Shkuratov are the hosts.

Submission Radio is Australia and New Zealand’s biggest weekly Mixed Martial Arts show. Based out of Melbourne, Australia, the show began in March 2014 as a way to connect Australian MMA fans to the world, as well as the fighters that Aussies wanted to hear from. Having a rich history in combat culture, it was only natural that Australians and Kiwis would have a dedicated MMA show to call their own.

With its huge audience and reach, Submission Radio’s regular guests include such names as Alistair Overeem, Urijah Faber, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Stipe Miocic, TJ Dillashaw, Tyron Woodley, Johny Hendricks, Mark Hunt, Demetrious Johnson, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Luke Rockhold, Ryan Bader, Ben Askren, Phil Davis, “King Mo” Muhammed Lawal, Chad Mendes, Wanderlei Silva, Tim Kennedy, Diego Sanchez, Bas Rutten, Joseph Benavidez, Hector Lombard, Dennis Bermudez, Ricardo Lamas, Cris Cyborg, Rich Franklin, Ken Shamrock, and Renzo Gracie to name a few.

On a different podcast, I don't mind Bookie Beatdown

http://bookiebeatdown.podomatic.com/

Halfcast Podcast - Tai Tuivasa and Tyson Pedro. Might not be for everyone but it's good to hear Aussie MMA stories from Aussie fighters. Last week they had JWP on. Next week is the Reaper.

Halfcast Podcast - Tai Tuivasa and Tyson Pedro. Might not be for everyone but it's good to hear Aussie MMA stories from Aussie fighters. Last week they had JWP on. Next week is the Reaper.
Has potential but it is pretty amateurish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did this awhile back and lots have changed I am listening to between the Rounds now, Ran by ex Sherdog members so you got Tj Desantis, The Godfather himself Jeff Sherwood, Breen, Jack encarsino, Josh Gross. Lots of good stuff Roundtable for each event, beatdown after the bell, they do this show where they break down classic shows, behind the pay wall there is quite alot of content. those who listened to sherdog back in the day will know most of this

I did this awhile back and lots have changed I am listening to between the Rounds now, Ran by ex Sherdog members so you got Tj Desantis, The Godfather himself Jeff Sherwood, Breen, Jack encarsino, Josh Gross. Lots of good stuff Roundtable for each event, beatdown after the bell, they do this show where they break down classic shows, behind the pay wall there is quite alot of content. those who listened to sherdog back in the day will know most of this
I stopped listening to Sherdog.... got annoying for me for some reason.

Jack Slack and Heavy Hands are enough for me.

love me some Slack

I stopped listening to Sherdog.... got annoying for me for some reason.

Jack Slack and Heavy Hands are enough for me.

love me some Slack
yeah I did too it got bad cause Jeff Left and whole thing fell apart this is like the old days. heavy hands is good too

I like the JRE MMA shows, Bas and Mauro one is pretty good, I also like Believe you me and Below the belt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back