2nds Footscray vs Port Melb Sat 14th May, North Port Oval 2.00p

Remove this Banner Ad

Tibes

All Australian
Mar 10, 2011
Bundoora
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree Stevens is an ok player although I think he can be very sloppy. Not underrating him at all,just saying we have many good players knocking on the door. Saying Stevens should come back through the seconds is far from a blight on him personally. When you have such a deep list you need to reward form.

Honestly I think you're greatly underrating Koby. Over the last season and a bit he's become an integral part of our midfield, he's often a very aggressive player who likes to take the game on so sometimes he appears to be sloppy, but he can be one of the best users in our side going into our fifty.

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly I think you're greatly underrating Koby. Over the last season and a bit he's become an integral part of our midfield, he's often a very aggressive player who likes to take the game on so sometimes he appears to be sloppy, but he can be one of the best users in our side going into our fifty.
Yeah, Koby is a gun, and I think he's fixed up the flaws that he had in previous years. There is a huge divide between our eight first choice midfielders (Stevens, Bont, Libba, Wallis, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Picken and Hunter) and the blokes playing VFL atm. I'm not saying our depth players aren't up to it. In fact, Honeychurch, Webb, Jong, Dunkley and Rat are all excellent depth midfielders, with plenty of improvement to come. This is really just a comment on how the depth of talent amongst those first-choice eight blokes is the best in the league. All of those eight would be in the best four or five mids at just about any other club.

How far away is Collins from Debut?
When he debuts. Still need to work on his tank and overall football skills.
He's a one-one defender at this point in time and the club wants to develop him more athletic for AFL football

0JOdl8N.png

XaxEhL6.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2011
Child of Ghaia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good to see your banner at the game yesterday. Was that you in the yellow dogs jersey?
No that wasn't me nor is it my banner. I still have not seen that banner yet but now I am going to keep an eye out for it.

Th3 DoG FaTh3R, I hate to ask you about your business, but are you a certain banner writing comedian? If it's you, love your work! Keep it up!
Loved the banter style nature of our banner but unfortunately this was not my work. Keep up the good work to whoever is doing it though.

black pup

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2008
North East Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks for the report bp!

How was Webb? Did he play midfield again?

Hamiliton reminds be a bit of Hunter. Outside receiver whose not an amazing kick and can shank a couple but overall is pretty classy and creative by both hand and foot.
Webb is being groomed by the club as a mid fielder, is game on the weekend was a little below par, he was quite early, but the pleasing thing was in the last quarter when the game was on the line, he really lifted and had a good, and match winning last quarter.
Webb is going along OK, learning his craft and doing it well.

black pup

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2008
North East Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
BP appreciate your views on the VFL team. Can you provide some insight as to why you believe Collins is very close?
Collins although young, has a very big body, he is extremely strong, a great tackler and excellent kick, and is courageous, his negative at the moment is his decision making, which at times results in a poor kick or handball, I believe that will rectify itself by playing senior football. ( AFL ). It can be a lot tougher playing at the lower level, people with lesser ability demand the ball, and skills are lower. I have know doubt Collins will make the step up, as lot of early draft picks have.
Who is keeping him out of the side, Roberts, well I have know idea how he was selected, certainly wasn't on form in VFL. I don't think he is an AFL PLAYER. Will be lucky to be on list next year.
Hamling playing well in VFL, paid price for Carlton performance, a long way in front of Roberts, but does not have the strength or upside that Collins has.
It would be no surprise to me, if Collins is selected too play GWS this week.
GO DOGGIES.

I have heard a few things, but you always do, Beveridge is very smart, One assistant coach who has been pushing Roberts barrow a little, may be quite for a while.
Hamling certainly has been very unlucky.
Thanks for the insight mate. Sounds as if there is a bit of footy politics going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back