NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

At the same time the pricing model in America is atrocious with everyone trying to get their slice of the pie. DirectTV, NFL Network, Yahoo, Twitter, ESPN, CBS, Fox, ABC, NBC, inferior gamepass product and the blackout rules.

NFL has done a great job the deliver content internationally though. If college football made it this easy I would watch that as well.

Agreed. The carve out of rights in the US is a big mess. The DirecTV deal is big. We are aiming for mostly non-Game content with our Network until it builds a bigger audience (our Draft coverage rated very well vs ESPN), and the online deals are largely us sticking our toe in the water while the digital world (at least in the US) works out where it's headed. Network TV is purely legacy for us and a lot of those networks are struggling for relevance and football is one guaranteed ratings boom (23 out of the top 25 highest rating programs on TV are football games) in a landscape where folks are turning off the TV and watching Netflix.

Disclaimer: I'm a cable cutter but can watch GP International at home :)

So I have been thinking of this great product to help the NFL expand to China.

Ask Phil Simms to learn Mandarin and announce the game on radio to China. Then give that product away for free on Gamepass. If people want alternative announcers they have to pay.

Yes it has to be Simms and no one else.

What the chances the game download feature will be made availible to android this season?

Unlikely at this point from what I know. The GP Android app is built by a third party provider. It's safe to assume there will only be relatively minor feature updates on the mobile apps this year before season kickoff (both GP and NFL Mobile).

The majority of our focus is on back-end systems this offseason in order to be able to do a lot more in future on the app side of things.

Unlikely at this point from what I know. The GP Android app is built by a third party provider. It's safe to assume there will only be relatively minor feature updates on the mobile apps this year before season kickoff (both GP and NFL Mobile).

The majority of our focus is on back-end systems this offseason in order to be able to do a lot more in future on the app side of things.

Any chance we'll be able to watch RedZone, NFL Network etc this year through the native AppleTV app?

Even if they introduce a radio only feature this year

re-introduce!

man. . I really miss the NFL radio subscription, best $30 i spent in 2014.

last year the only games I could find on the web to listen to without jumping through hoops were steelers games.

Any chance we'll be able to watch RedZone, NFL Network etc this year through the native AppleTV app?

It's on the list for development. Barring any issues with higher priority items, it should make the cut. Same applies for PS4.

Android TV is back in the mix for this season too (not fully confirmed yet), but I'm not sure if it will have feature parity with the other platforms yet as we need to build it from scratch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if they introduce a radio only feature this year

Radio streams are still bundled with the GamePass subscription. Won't be a separate product.

However....take a look @ TuneIn who also have the rights to audio streams for both live games and on-demand. I think they offer this internationally. Their coverage includes both home and away radio feeds for all games.

Radio streams are still bundled with the GamePass subscription. Won't be a separate product.

However....take a look @ TuneIn who also have the rights to audio streams for both live games and on-demand. I think they offer this internationally. Their coverage includes both home and away radio feeds for all games.
This I could really get behind if true

So a potentially dumb question...

Where do you find the archived shows like A Football Life and Hard Knocks on the Xbox One app?

may be going full you know what but I can't find them. Usually watch them on the other devices.

Just curious but can guys on here do live podcasts? Is it legal. I'd be listening at work.
Not part of the podcast team but i believe there are a few sites out there where you can do live podcasts

So a potentially dumb question...

Where do you find the archived shows like A Football Life and Hard Knocks on the Xbox One app?

may be going full you know what but I can't find them. Usually watch them on the other devices.

I don't know the full feature set on that device, but the Xbox apps have different content compared to other TV apps and web browsers as that is a Microsoft-built and operated app. They just license the content from us and their development schedule is separate from ours.

We are aiming to have the same content available across all devices (we are working on the PS4 and Apple TV apps this season as we built those ourselves) so we will push them to update the app to have feature parity with the apps we build, but I'm not sure what Microsoft's release schedule is for any enhancements at this stage on either Xbox One or 360.

subscription numbers will go up this year with Ch7 now in HD and with 7bogan in SD no more HD NFL for Free tv people.

Also contributing to the slide would be not showing just 49ers games!

It's on the list for development. Barring any issues with higher priority items, it should make the cut. Same applies for PS4.

Android TV is back in the mix for this season too (not fully confirmed yet), but I'm not sure if it will have feature parity with the other platforms yet as we need to build it from scratch.

This absolutely needs to happen.

Thanks for your updates and contributions to this thread mate, very much appreciated. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back