Autopsy Round 9: Changes v Brisbane - Jetta, Salem, Pedo out; ANB, Kent, O McDonald in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If he's fine to play for Casey and isn't injured I don't think that's a reason for him not to come in over garland

He got no treatment post game for it and made no complaints.

You don't pick someone who hasn't been bashing the door down and didn't finish the game the previous week, that's a reason for him not to come in.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I didn't say he wasn't playing this week, I was responding to replacing Garland with Frost in that post.

From Plapp himself.
Injured himself is an odd way to put it. I get images of him punching himself in the nose before wrapping his arms around himself and leaping to spear his own head into the ground.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
You don't pick someone who hasn't been bashing the door down and didn't finish the game the previous week, that's a reason for him not to come in.
Only difference between him and O Mac is o Mac finished the game
Well that and I'd say frost has performed better at top level this year

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Bit worried about the ruck. Gawn spent plenty of centre bounces off the ground last week. They have Stef (sad face) and two other players who can play ruck. We have um, no one to help Gawn. I don't think this midfield battle is going to be as easy as everyone thinks.

And why is Dunn not playing? Anyone got any inside info? Clearly not doing something the coaches are looking for that I can't see

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I actually wouldn't be shocked if Watts did take a few bounces. Just needs to jump and make a contest, then gets a bit of midfield time. Around the ground, Tyson and a few others mostly going 3rd man up

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually wouldn't be shocked if Watts did take a few bounces. Just needs to jump and make a contest, then gets a bit of midfield time. Around the ground, Tyson and a few others mostly going 3rd man up
Watching Watts in the ruck would be truly awful. Jack would be doing everything possible to avoid body contact while his opponent would be desperately trying to cave him in. No way this is going to happen unless Roosy hates him.

Sylvia took the ruck for a centre bounce once upon a time. Was that a Neelde move?
I think he did it once in one of the Darwin games under Bailey, in the 2011 or 2010 years

I'd imagine OMac may do some ruckwork. Watts in the ruck would reek of match fixing

Matthew Warnock playing full forward in the second half against Richmond was far less obvious.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Kinda because when I look at the Lions they don't appear as s**t as the ladder indicates.
Their roster as a whole, no, they've got some very good players, but what is playing today, not worried about them as much as I'm worried about us, although I'm choosing to believe the over confident lack of effort is a thing of the past after the Essendon wake up call

Anyone else got a bad feeling about today?

Yep Lions haven't been that bad except for 1 week and we seem to go to sleep when we should belt a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back