Worst AFL/VFL Snipes

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

He was begging to be punched out in the 89 reserves GF. I've seen my share of blokes playing country football who would have had little to no hesitation in sitting Lupson on his arse. I'd be surprised if someone with that attitude didn't get his comeuppance at least one time or other.
He was certainly targeted by opposition players - always with justification.

Why is everyone so dead set on defending snipers in the team they support? I don't get it who cares its not you making those decisions no? Hodge is a dirty sniper. Mitchell loves throwing a knee up not gonna lie... Essendon fans, Lloyd was a dirty Sniper as well. Guess what Port fans, Jonas looks dirty as hell also. Milburns hit was filthy as was Solomons. Halls probably the worst of the lot. You all look ridiculous letting your bias defend dirty acts...

Other than your post and a Cats one further back noting Ablett's hit on Dipper, you're spot on. I'll happily concede Matthews, Dipper, Brereton, Hodge et al are nasty players whose acts have made me cringe. But these threads always end up people citing an example where their own player was cleaned up and ignoring or downplaying acts by their own players.

I reckon the thread would have worked much better if it was Worst AFL/VFL snipes from your own team.

Other than your post and a Cats one further back noting Ablett's hit on Dipper, you're spot on. I'll happily concede Matthews, Dipper, Brereton, Hodge et al are nasty players whose acts have made me cringe. But these threads always end up people citing an example where their own player was cleaned up and ignoring or downplaying acts by their own players.

I reckon the thread would have worked much better if it was Worst AFL/VFL snipes from your own team.
Successful teams have always had a hard edge to them

Why is everyone so dead set on defending snipers in the team they support? I don't get it who cares its not you making those decisions no? Hodge is a dirty sniper. Mitchell loves throwing a knee up not gonna lie... Essendon fans, Lloyd was a dirty Sniper as well. Guess what Port fans, Jonas looks dirty as hell also. Milburns hit was filthy as was Solomons. Halls probably the worst of the lot. You all look ridiculous letting your bias defend dirty acts...

Goes with the territory I suppose.

Like Essendon fans defending Andrews and Merrett!

Still deserves a mention however, brilliant hit.

imagine copping one from the solid nugget? blokes like pickett and matthews may be short by AFL standards but they are simply balls of muscle.

No, it was in round 12 at the Gabba. But there was an elbow and Morris was convulsing.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
That was a sickening blow and I've considered Jim Edmond a filthy dog ever since.

Morris was playing some good football that year too and for Edmond to do that was completely out of the bounds of decency. It was every bit as vicious and weak as Rod Grinter on Terry Wallace. For some unfathomable reason Edmond and Grinter had reputations as "hard men" when in reality they were thugs who didn't do a courageous thing on field in their lives.

I believe Peter Worsfold made a few friends at Kardinia Park late in 1992. I haven't seen footage or read much in the media about it, but have seen a few Cats fans mention it from their days at their Cattery.

I think that's largely true.

But some clubs do appear to cross the line more than others.

I would say Hawks would be one, and Cats generally less so.

That may be a bit subjective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only three weeks for this. Wonder how much it would get these days.

Rhyse Jones was so eminently hittable though and gave as good as he got.
Rumour has it that when in for some run of the mill knee scrape he had the surgeon file his elbows sharper....:D

I believe Peter Worsfold made a few friends at Kardinia Park late in 1992. I haven't seen footage or read much in the media about it, but have seen a few Cats fans mention it from their days at their Cattery.
That was the day Robert Walls sent his players out after 1/2 time to K.O Geelong players.Peter Worsfold took out Ken Hinkley and got 6 weeks and I think it was Brad Hardie who took out Paul Couch and got a few weeks.

Love people using criminal slang on the internet, v tough.
Not sure Prison is criminal slang and "dog" is a very old commonly used football term.
I love people who are ignorant of common English exposing their ignorance for the whole world to see. Cheers.:D

I'll put my hand up.
Neil Balme.
Big influence on the 73 flag.

That was the day Robert Walls sent his players out after 1/2 time to K.O Geelong players.Peter Worsfold took out Ken Hinkley and got 6 weeks and I think it was Brad Hardie who took out Paul Couch and got a few weeks.

Wouldn't have been Hardie - he'd have been gone from Brisbane by then. I remember seeing the aftermath on 7's Sunday Morning Footy show and I think Richard Champion hit somebody because Bobby Davis made some comment about how his surname should be changed by deed poll.

Wouldn't have been Hardie - he'd have been gone from Brisbane by then. I remember seeing the aftermath on 7's Sunday Morning Footy show and I think Richard Champion hit somebody because Bobby Davis made some comment about how his surname should be changed by deed poll.

I was only 5 at the time, so have no recollection of the match or aftermath, but it fascinates me, simply due to it being something that involved my club at the time. I guess as a Bears fan, you took and take any scraps you can get!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back